Feb. 18th trade deadline

Y'all talkin ab that punk Whiteside when SVG just stole Tobias

Wow, $18-23M. Talk about right place at right time. Had he blown up 2-3 years ago, he'd be locked in for so much less.

Reactions: 1 person
Tobias coming back into the Pacers division. :no:

Guess I'll be rooting for him to put up empty stats as the Pistons lose as I'll not be cheering for the Pistons. I'll root for Tobias the player.

I feel like the Clippers are dumb for not doing it. I always wondered why Vucevic wasn't the one up for grabs instead of Tobias and now Gordon is up for grabs with Vucevic? I would have tried Aaron Gordon at center with Tobias at power. Vucevic could probably bring in more than I think he's worth based on his per. Seeing some high pers out of centers this year. Ian Mahinimi and Jordan Hill on the Pacers are both at 17.0+. Vucevic value probably at an all time. Tobias is gone now. Guess they were looking to put Blake at center? Who would have been their center? Not Vucevic or Aaron Gordon. Channing Frye? Dewayne Dedmond? Ew.

NBA Trade Rumors Live Blog 2.17.16: Magic made offer for Blake Griffin - CBSSports.com

Magic offered Nikola Vucevic and Aaron Gordon for Blake Griffin

If they didn't want Vucevic, why not find another team in need of a player with 20per. Aaron Gordon could definitely grow to be another Black and Vucevic himself puts up similar numbers to Blake. They're crazy imo. I definitely would have taken Aaron Gordon while gauging interest for a 3rd team to replace Vucevic with another player or parts. I always thought the Clippers would breakout and they looked deep in the past. Now they're looking far less deep and their ceiling appears to have been reached. I'll be curious to see what they get for him in the future should the trade him. Probably end up being worse than that offer.

I doubt it. Aaron Gordon and whatever spare parts you get from trading Vucevic don't add up to Blake Griffin.

I doubt it. Aaron Gordon and whatever spare parts you get from trading Vucevic don't add up to Blake Griffin.

When I meant spare parts, I meant another legit player(s) or even potentially good draft picks built in on top. But you take Aaaron Gordon as the keeper and Vucevic who is what, 25 years old or something? 20 per? Another team would give up a legit player to acquire him if a center is what they wanted. Pelicans are looking at Monroe, why not Vucevic? He has value and someone probably could have offered another player or package in his place. Maybe the Bucks wouldn't Vucevic for Monroe going to the Clips? Doubt it but like huff just said... why not Milsap with Vucevic at center/Horford at power forward. Clippers swap out similar production for Blake with Milsap ad add an insanely athletic players that's only 20 or something like that. I just think Vucevic could have been leveraged to another team since the Clippers already have DeAndre. I would have done it to get both Aaaron Gordon or........ Monroe, Milsap or whoever.... Vucevic is up in stock right now more than before imo. Clips passed though rather than using it to add to Gordon. Surprised Magic offered that much to be honest.

Last edited:
I'd do it I was either side.

Read that if lance was involved Orlando would drop him immediately. Lol

Clippers would be pretty nasty if they could snag Millsap and Thabo. Pierce isn't pulling his weight, but no way Rivers deals him.

Clippers would be pretty nasty if they could snag Millsap and Thabo. Pierce isn't pulling his weight, but no way Rivers deals him.

Yeah, if the Clippers wanted to go for it right now, they'd be much better with Millsap. He should have started the All-Star Game. I also don't mind the idea of them going the other way, keeping the young guys and swapping CP3 for Kyrie. But I doubt either one happens.

When I meant spare parts, I meant another legit player(s) or even potentially good draft picks built in on top. But you take Aaaron Gordon as the keeper and Vucevic who is what, 25 years old or something? 20 per? Another team would give up a legit player to acquire him if a center is what they wanted. Pelicans are looking at Monroe, why not Vucevic? He has value and someone probably could have offered another player or package in his place. Maybe the Bucks wouldn't Vucevic for Monroe going to the Clips? Doubt it but like huff just said... why not Milsap with Vucevic at center/Horford at power forward. Clippers swap out similar production for Blake with Milsap ad add an insanely athletic players that's only 20 or something like that. I just think Vucevic could have been leveraged to another team since the Clippers already have DeAndre. I would have done it to get both Aaaron Gordon or........ Monroe, Milsap or whoever.... Vucevic is up in stock right now more than before imo. Clips passed though rather than using it to add to Gordon. Surprised Magic offered that much to be honest.

Vucevic is a really bad defender and they already have DJ, so they'd have to trade him. I'd just much rather be selling Blake Griffin than trying to sell Vucevic, even if you get Aaron Gordon for your trouble. Gordon is good, but he's not a future All-Star.

76ers Gauging Trade Interest In Jahlil Okafor - RealGM Wiretap

I'd like to think this isn't true. I know he's had some problems off the court but he's averaging 17.1pts 7.4rebs 1.2blks 1.2asts on 49.4%fg after turning only 20 in december. I get that Embiid doesn't have much value with his injuries so no point in making him available but Okafor appears to be the most legit player they've drafted on paper. I coudn't imagine what they're asking for him. Draft picks... lol. They're going to be a team of draft picks going forward.

76ers Gauging Trade Interest In Jahlil Okafor - RealGM Wiretap

I'd like to think this isn't true. I know he's had some problems off the court but he's averaging 17.1pts 7.4rebs 1.2blks 1.2asts on 49.4%fg after turning only 20 in december. I get that Embiid doesn't have much value with his injuries so no point in making him available but Okafor appears to be the most legit player they've drafted on paper. I coudn't imagine what they're asking for him. Draft picks... lol. They're going to be a team of draft picks going forward.

I don't mind shopping him; I'd rather have Noel. Okafor is so bad at defense that it's hard to build around him.

I don't mind shopping him; I'd rather have Noel. Okafor is so bad at defense that it's hard to build around him.

He just turned 20 though. Most 20 year olds aren't good on defense. It's one of the biggest reasons players that young don't get as much playing time a lot of the time. If the Sixers trade him for draft picks, the owners should come together and force the 76ers owner to sell. If they don't even have patience half way through the year to dump the 2nd best rookie season so far. And if you believe this article, people think Towns has more value than Lebron or Durant which means Okafor has by far more worth that an unpredictable draft picks but sadly it's probably draft picks they prefer most in a trade for him.

Karl-Anthony Towns has more trade value than LeBron or Durant - StarTribune.com

Don’t be scared. The Timberwolves are not going to trade Karl-Anthony Towns. That would be an incredibly dumb thing to do less than four months into a very promising career.

But if you go by the way ESPN defines trade value — a somewhat convoluted but intriguing model that factors in production relative to the amount of money a player is due to make — you can’t help but marvel at just how valuable Towns is already.

They list Towns as the 6th most valuable player with Okafor at 34. After just a few months, I wouldn't trade him for draft picks unless it's for like every draft pick the Celtics have. Mainly due to the fact they have the Nets pick is it that's currently 3rd overall I believe. You don't know what you'd get with that pick regardless but if they want picks, not many teams have valuable enough picks to swap. Lakers 1st and Julius Randle or Clarkson? I wouldn't even talk to teams about draft picks unless it's destined to finish near the bottom. Which also means the 76ers are probably smart to wait until the offseason so they know where the picks stand. By trading him this season, they wouldn't want quality players in return that would improve them so it's going to require draft picks and undeveloped players with potential otherwise why trade him now. Would suck to trade him for the Nets pick and then the Nets pick ends up outside of the top 3 or even the top 5. Sixers are crazy if they trade him for draft picks straight up without knowing who they'll be drafting in return. Good chance it won't be a 20 year old putting up 17-7 on 50% shooting though.

If defense is a problem for them then they shouldn't build a team out of rookies and 20 year olds. That's 0 patience. I'm glad the Pacers took Myles Turner despite not living up to hype after his lone season at Texas. He was a 5* player that wasn't even putting up the numbers Okafor is currently in the NBA. Now Myles has started too after returning from injury. If he had lived up to potential like he's started too, he would have been drafted higher. I have no reason to believe Okafor has peaked 4 months in to his NBA career given how well he has played. I myself wouldn't trade Myles Turner for an unknown draft pick(s) so I can't believe the 76ers would trade Okafor for that.

lol...

KANYE WEST
✔
@kanyewest

I am the Jordan and Steph Curry of music, meaning I'm the best of 2 generations

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoVk9tKJaqg[/youtube]

He just turned 20 though. Most 20 year olds aren't good on defense. It's one of the biggest reasons players that young don't get as much playing time a lot of the time. If the Sixers trade him for draft picks, the owners should come together and force the 76ers owner to sell. If they don't even have patience half way through the year to dump the 2nd best rookie season so far. And if you believe this article, people think Towns has more value than Lebron or Durant which means Okafor has by far more worth that an unpredictable draft picks but sadly it's probably draft picks they prefer most in a trade for him.

Karl-Anthony Towns has more trade value than LeBron or Durant - StarTribune.com

They list Towns as the 6th most valuable player with Okafor at 34. After just a few months, I wouldn't trade him for draft picks unless it's for like every draft pick the Celtics have. Mainly due to the fact they have the Nets pick is it that's currently 3rd overall I believe. You don't know what you'd get with that pick regardless but if they want picks, not many teams have valuable enough picks to swap. Lakers 1st and Julius Randle or Clarkson? I wouldn't even talk to teams about draft picks unless it's destined to finish near the bottom. Which also means the 76ers are probably smart to wait until the offseason so they know where the picks stand. By trading him this season, they wouldn't want quality players in return that would improve them so it's going to require draft picks and undeveloped players with potential otherwise why trade him now. Would suck to trade him for the Nets pick and then the Nets pick ends up outside of the top 3 or even the top 5. Sixers are crazy if they trade him for draft picks straight up without knowing who they'll be drafting in return. Good chance it won't be a 20 year old putting up 17-7 on 50% shooting though.

If defense is a problem for them then they shouldn't build a team out of rookies and 20 year olds. That's 0 patience. I'm glad the Pacers took Myles Turner despite not living up to hype after his lone season at Texas. He was a 5* player that wasn't even putting up the numbers Okafor is currently in the NBA. Now Myles has started too after returning from injury. If he had lived up to potential like he's started too, he would have been drafted higher. I have no reason to believe Okafor has peaked 4 months in to his NBA career given how well he has played. I myself wouldn't trade Myles Turner for an unknown draft pick(s) so I can't believe the 76ers would trade Okafor for that.

Okafor isn't the second-best rookie at all. He's a bad defensive player. Justise Winslow is just as young and is a very good defensive player. And the Sixers have already changed decision-makers, but Okafor and Noel don't make sense together, especially if Embiid comes back. I'd prefer Noel, so I'm not surprised if they do too.

I'm not sure why you think they would need all of Boston's picks for him. I might even take the Nets pick by itself, with maybe one of their good young players thrown in.

Turner is a little different. If the Pacers were offered Okafor for Turner right now, they may actually say no.

Okafor isn't the second-best rookie at all. He's a bad defensive player. Justise Winslow is just as young and is a very good defensive player. And the Sixers have already changed decision-makers, but Okafor and Noel don't make sense together, especially if Embiid comes back. I'd prefer Noel, so I'm not surprised if they do too.

I'm not sure why you think they would need all of Boston's picks for him. I might even take the Nets pick by itself, with maybe one of their good young players thrown in.

I thought Justice Winslow was having a better season than a 7.5 when I saw it earlier this morning. I know that's not the only way to calculate things, not to mention espn's trade machine is f'ed up anyways. Look at this... I wasn't done with the trades at all because I would trade the entire Pacers roster to a team that would cough up picks with a couple of pacers picks to go to the 76ers. Needless to so, Pacers don't have the firepower for Okafor if PG or Myles weren't going out. But just look at how the +/- wins go up and down. In this case all because you swap Lavoy Allen and Jason Smith around...

NBA Trade Machine - ESPN

NBA Trade Machine - ESPN

76ers in the first trade go from neutral to +1 wins even though the only difference in the 2nd trade was swapping Lavoy Allen and Jason Smith. Which changes the Pacers from a -6 to -1 and the Magic for a 5+ to a +4... Jason Smith and Lavoy Allen swap changes the league by default apparently as it made a difference towards the 76ers haha.

Or how about this...

NBA Trade Machine - ESPN

In one trade, it said the Blazers got worse for swapping Kaman for Jordan Hill/CJ Miles and it says the

VN Store

Back