Favorite Sayings...

"you can't make chicken salad out of chicken sh..."

I truly had a softball coach say that during practice one day to get us to field better.

I had a coach that used to call a certain kid "Maxi"....for obvious reasons. My freshmen year, he told our second baseman (who squatting down in between pitches) to "quit burryin' your balls in the sand and cover the damn bag!"

Had another coach that was big on visualization. There is nothing funnier than hearing a 60 year old man say, "see the ball...now visualize yourself just a hittin' that."

First your money,then your clothes
Some get peanuts,some gets shells.

my old Master Chief, on one of my ships

I had a coach that used to call a certain kid "Maxi"....for obvious reasons. My freshmen year, he told our second baseman (who squatting down in between pitches) to "quit burryin' your balls in the sand and cover the damn bag!"

Had another coach that was big on visualization. There is nothing funnier than hearing a 60 year old man say, "see the ball...now visualize yourself just a hittin' that."

good stuff

Signs in front of the local deli:

"You can't beat our meat."
"What a friend we have in cheeses."

In one physical model of the universe, the shortest distance between two points is a straight line, in the opposite direction.

Don't worry about this one. If you miss it, we lose.

-Ty Webb

Our Pitching Coach in College always handed out a piece of paper with this quote on it...

"Every morning in Africa the gazelle wakes up knowing it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be eaten. The same mornings the lion wakes up knowing it must be faster than the slowest gazelle or it will starve to death. So the moral of the story is whether your a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up your ass better be running."
Posted via VolNation Mobile

you need to pull yourselves up by your bootstraps.

He was an idiot.

old basketball coach "Off your ass, on your feet!" ------
meaning come off the bench and do something!:furious3:

Angry fans to umpires:

1. Kick your dog, Blue (umpire nickname)!!!

2. Don't cheat the kids!!!

Pitching Coach/Head Coach (Manager). All were said to me during my professional career:

1. Better, but let's face it, you can try, but you'll never be able to polish a turd.

2. Mix in a strike.

3. Have you considered a career change?

4. You look like a bucket of s--t in a uniform, but you can throw the hell out of it!

Favorite Pitching Coach:

"Just give me 100%. Those people who say you have to give 110% are f-ing deranged. That's impossible. Seriously, I worry about them."

VN Store

Back