favorite mower/weedeater brand?

I'm still shopping for a battery operated weed wacker, I'm done with the gas versions for ever. Any recommendations are welcome.

I'm still shopping for a battery operated weed wacker, I'm done with the gas versions for ever. Any recommendations are welcome.
I have a Ryobi. Works ok. Not nearly as powerful as a gas but does the job. I've never run the battery out weedeating. The only time I did was when I used my tiller attachment.

You will love the fact that when you're ready to use it, it works. No more guessing if it will start or not.

I have a Ryobi. Works ok. Not nearly as powerful as a gas but does the job. I've never run the battery out weedeating. The only time I did was when I used my tiller attachment.

You will love the fact that when you're ready to use it, it works. No more guessing if it will start or not.
I've got a Kobalt and I'd say the same thing. The tradeoff in power is well worth the reliability. I hate anything with a pull rope starter. Thankfully, I'm down to just a chainsaw.

It's not really for big jobs in heavy brush, but if you just want to spend 20-30 minutes edging the yard, getting to tight spots and light weedeating, it's great.

Last edited:
Reactions: GreveHaller
Powered by Coug ION Force. Only needs beer and a couple of sammiches to charge. You're welcome
View attachment 272587
When I was about 13 I was mowing a yard, a guy two doors down asks if i'll mow his for $20. Stupidly I said yes, front yard was fine but back hadn't been cut all year, had to use one of those for the entire back yard, that was valuable lesson... never quote sight unseen.

When I was about 13 I was mowing a yard, a guy two doors down asks if i'll mow his for $20. Stupidly I said yes, front yard was fine but back hadn't been cut all year, had to use one of those for the entire back yard, that was valuable lesson... never quote sight unseen.
My dad was a big fan of that tool. He called it a "lively lad". More specifically, he was a big fan of me using that tool.

Got a buddy who owns a landscaping company. He only uses Exmark mowers. Never seems to have a problem with them.

Personally my yard isnt that big. Got a Troy-bilt pushmower from Lowes 4 years ago for $200. Still starts on the 1st or 2nd pull

Exmarks are great ZTR's.......

My Top Brands would be in order:

1.) Exmark
2.) John Deere
3.) Kubota
4.) Scag
5.) Bad Boy

The older Dixie Choppers will literally run FOREVER but the new stuff is made cheaply,

1. Mower. I have a Toro Super Recycler push mower with Honda engine. I bought this at a local dealership ---- Its ok.

2. Weedeater. I have a Cub Cadet 4 cycle. I bought this at Home Depot. I have had this for 11 years. I love it.

3. Blower. I have a Husquvarna 150T backpack gas blower. I bought this at Lowes. I have had this for 3 years and its been a pain.

Stihl is the best gas powered stuff on the market. My chainsaw and blower have never blipped. I was replacing the craftsman stuff all the time.

Had a craftsman riding tractor and never realized how ****** it was until I got my John Deere.

Experience has taught me to buy a little more than what you think you need. The Craftsman had a bullet proof B&S engine, but the deck was crap. The front suspension was crap. The steering was crap. The braking system was crap. The Deere is overbuilt for my 8/10 of an acre, but I’m pretty sure with proper service I’ll never need another mower.

VN Store

Back