Favorite American Cities

My mom lives in St Pete and I really like that area. Lots of cool beaches, and professional hockey and baseball.

Yeah, I used to work for Dex Imaging. They're a sponsor of the Preds and the CEO is part owner of the Tampa Bay Lightning. Really cool dude.

You ever go to Pass-A-Grille beach? It's tucked away behind the Don CeSar so mostly just locals know about it.

Chicago
San Francisco
Savannah
Napa (greater valley including Carneros, St. Helena, Yountville, Calistoga)
Sarasota

Yeah, I used to work for Dex Imaging. They're a sponsor of the Preds and the CEO is part owner of the Tampa Bay Lightning. Really cool dude.

You ever go to Pass-A-Grille beach? It's tucked away behind the Don CeSar so mostly just locals know about it.
I have been there. I love the Don Cesar!

My wife wants to go to honeymoon island while we're down there.

pretty sure you are the first to list NYC.

NYC is nice to go visit but once you've hit the sites there's not really any reason to stick around. as others have said with Vegas. no soul to the city.

jmo, not hating on it.

I grew up there and have a great time going back to the old neighborhood in Queens. It has changed quite a bit over the years. We used to play stick ball, box ball, stoop ball on our street, Now everything looks so much smaller.
It's fun seeing some of the people I knew when I was a kid.

My wife wants to go to honeymoon island while we're down there.

Its very nice - getting hot down here now so I'd recommend going in the morning. Dunedin is a cool little town with good restaurants in the downtown area. The Blue Jays A farm team also plays in Dunedin and if your family likes baseball, its much cheaper than going to the Rays.

Nice responses guys!..I've added a few destinations to my travel plans from this thread

Newport RI - #1 for wife and I
San Antonio
Savannah
Charleston SC
Carmel CA
Chattanooga TN
Williams AZ
Idyllwild CA

Its very nice - getting hot down here now so I'd recommend going in the morning. Dunedin is a cool little town with good restaurants in the downtown area. The Blue Jays A farm team also plays in Dunedin and if your family likes baseball, its much cheaper than going to the Rays.

Thanks

Always have a great time in the big cities: NYC, Chicago, DC, Atlanta.

Also love:

Knoxville
Charlotte
Greenville, SC
St. Paul, MN
Tampa/St. Pete

Also love my redneck rivieras where I take my woman and kiddos and we have a blast:

Gatlinburg/PF
Myrtle Beach

We've talked about taking them if they want to go. My wife found a 5 attraction pass for $99, it includes Busch gardens and the zoo in there. We told them it's up to them cause they love the water. I'm looking forward to fishing in the area.

Forget the Lowry park zoo, it's ok but Busch Gardens is a world class zoo. List all 5 attractions, and I will tell you what I can about them.

Funny...Fort de Soto & Honeymoon island are my favorite beaches also. I like them because of the dog beaches. Dogs have to be leashed on Honeymoon Island but Fort de Soto is an off leash beach.
I will be in Kentucky this weekend. Hopkinsville.

Did work take you to Kentucky?

I came to Kentucky to pastor a small church. I am not a professional minister however. This church has a nice parsonage, but it is way too small to support a pastor. God really laid a burden on my heart for this place, the church had been without a pastor for 6-8 months and nobody wanted to move here. It is in Harlan county, one of the poorest and most drug ravaged areas of the country.

Reactions: 1 person
Forget the Lowry park zoo, it's ok but Busch Gardens is a world class zoo. List all 5 attractions, and I will tell you what I can about them.

Busch gardens
Florida aquarium
Tampas lowry park zoo
Clearwater marine aquarium
The museum of science and industry, or chihuly collection (whatever that is).

Busch gardens
Florida aquarium
Tampas lowry park zoo
Clearwater marine aquarium
The museum of science and industry, or chihuly collection (whatever that is).

The Florida aquarium is great..the only reason to go to the Clearwater marine aquarium is to see Winter. The dolphin that the movie "Dolphins tale" is about..MOSI is a cool place, we enjoyed going there, and my kids liked it when they were little...The Chihully collection is a art museum type exhibit of glass art created by artist Dale Chihuly. It is cool if you have nothing else at all to do, and want to visit downtown St Pete...As I said before Busch Gardens is one of my favorite places if all, it is beautifully landscaped, and has world class rides and attractions. It is worthy of a couple of days...if your girls like zoos and Dollywood, they will love BG. Since you are going for a week, if you decide to go to BG...DO NOT go on a weekend. Go on Tuesday and Wednesday for the best experience and smallest crowds. It will still be busy, but manageable. Your girls will love the Jungala section and the Ice Show. I know my kids still love BG. Even though they are grown married adults, and have been there hundreds of times.

And I forgot Lowry Park zoo..it is ok, but seriously going to BG and then visiting LPZ, is kind of like the difference between Filet mignon and hamburger steak.

I came to Kentucky to pastor a small church. I am not a professional minister however. This church has a nice parsonage, but it is way too small to support a pastor. God really laid a burden on my heart for this place, the church had been without a pastor for 6-8 months and nobody wanted to move here. It is in Harlan county, one of the poorest and most drug ravaged areas of the country.

Would you care to list the church, I know it would give you away.

And I forgot Lowry Park zoo..it is ok, but seriously going to BG and then visiting LPZ, is kind of like the difference between Filet mignon and hamburger steak.

Thanks my friend, I will definitely talk to them about it! I'd like to do it myself.

VN Store

Back