Favorite American Cities

Why did Berea make the list?

Berea has a thriving resident arts and crafts culture. But their Arts & Crafts Festival showcases truly fantastic artists works from all over the south. One of my favorite things to do when there is to be left alone (read: "keep all the chirren with you gals so's I can really look at this stuff) to stroll and browse.

Berea Craft Festival ? visitberea.com[rel--941364818]/2

It really is a cool place if your into southern arts and crafts.

Why did Berea make the list?

I wondered the same thing...

Berea has a thriving resident arts and crafts culture. But their Arts & Crafts Festival showcases truly fantastic artists works from all over the south. One of my favorite things to do when there is to be left alone (read: "keep all the chirren with you gals so's I can really look at this stuff) to stroll and browse.

Berea Craft Festival ? visitberea.com[rel--941364818]/2

It really is a cool place if your into southern arts and crafts.

Plus, I went to college there. It's a beautiful campus. And Papaleno's Pizza is home to some really great food, easily a rival for the best Knoxville or any other large city has to offer.

In no particular order:
  • San Diego-great weather & plenty to do
  • New York-I grew up there and enjoy Manhattan
  • Chicago-spring/fall is great
  • Sanibel/Captiva-peaceful & relaxing
  • Naples-low crime, restaurants, sunsets
  • Tampa-home...favorite place I've ever lived
  • Nashville-live music

Last edited:
What do you end up doing that you're trying to run away from?

I do enjoy the shows & restaurants. My favorite was "O" and the worst was "Blue Men".
Not much of a gambler but I will play a little blackjack.
Sensory overload after a few days makes me want to get back home.

Dunedin,Fl..Bozeman,Mt...Denver,Co..Knoxville, TN...Salt lake city, Ut..I value proximity to natural places I love, more than culture. I do love to visit the big cities, but I have no interest in living there.

In no particular order:
San Diego-great weather & plenty to do
New York-I grew up there and enjoy Manhattan
Chicago-spring/fall is great
Sanibel/Captiva-peaceful & relaxing
Naples-low crime, restaurants, sunsets
Tampa-home...favorite place I've ever lived
Nashville-live music

When I put Dunedin in my list, it's because it is my favorite community in Tampa Bay. But I love Tampa Bay more than anywhere I've ever lived. It is a great place to live.

Reactions: 1 person
When I put Dunedin in my list, it's because it is my favorite community in Tampa Bay. But I love Tampa Bay more than anywhere I've ever lived. It is a great place to live.

Really? I'm gonna drive around and see as much as I can when we go to Clearwater in July.

Agree...Dunedin is a really nice place. I like Honeymoon Island. Restaurants-you can find some excellent food at a wide range of $$$$.

I lived in Coral Springs/Tamarac/Sunrise for 12 years. My mom lives in Kendall (Miami) but I prefer this side of the state by a huge margin.

Agree...Dunedin is a really nice place. I like Honeymoon Island. Restaurants-you can find some excellent food at a wide range of $$$$.

I lived in Coral Springs/Tamarac/Sunrise for 12 years. My mom lives in Kendall (Miami) but I prefer this side of the state by a huge margin.

Honeymoon island was our favorite beach...a lot of folks don't get it because it is a natural beach. They complain about the rocky sections 😀 I performed my daughters wedding there. Honeymoon and Fort Desoto state parts were our go to's if we were doing an all day beach trip, but for just a short afternoon trip or sunset walk, we usually went to Pass a grille or Treasure Island-Johns pass. Dunedin and Safety harbor on the bayside were our favorites little towns to walk downtown shops or eat supper. We were going to move into a beach condo when our apartment lease was up, but we moved to the deep dark hills of Kentucky instead.

Really? I'm gonna drive around and see as much as I can when we go to Clearwater in July.

Hey Joe..ask me all the questions you want. I love promoting T Bay. Dunedin is a small town in Pinellas county. It borders Clearwater on the south and Palm harbor on the north. The quaint downtown is a awesome collection of shops and restaurant and is right against the intracoastal. You should take your girls to Busch Gardens if you can afford it. A one day pass is a little pricey, but you can get a second day for 10$. We had season passes for years. It is a world class zoo with awesome shows and great roller coasters and kids rides. It is my favorite amusement-theme park. The Summer Nights show is worth staying late for.

Hey Joe..ask me all the questions you want. I love promoting T Bay. Dunedin is a small town in Pinellas county. It borders Clearwater on the south and Palm harbor on the north. The quaint downtown is a awesome collection of shops and restaurant and is right against the intracoastal. You should take your girls to Busch Gardens if you can afford it. A one day pass is a little pricey, but you can get a second day for 10$. We had season passes for years. It is a world class zoo with awesome shows and great roller coasters and kids rides. It is my favorite amusement-theme park. The Summer Nights show is worth staying late for.

I used to live in St Pete. I'll second the Tampa Bay area. My wife and I still miss the strawberry festival.

Reactions: 1 person
Honeymoon island was our favorite beach...a lot of folks don't get it because it is a natural beach. They complain about the rocky sections 😀 I performed my daughters wedding there. Honeymoon and Fort Desoto state parts were our go to's if we were doing an all day beach trip, but for just a short afternoon trip or sunset walk, we usually went to Pass a grille or Treasure Island-Johns pass. Dunedin and Safety harbor on the bayside were our favorites little towns to walk downtown shops or eat supper. We were going to move into a beach condo when our apartment lease was up, but we moved to the deep dark hills of Kentucky instead.

Funny...Fort de Soto & Honeymoon island are my favorite beaches also. I like them because of the dog beaches. Dogs have to be leashed on Honeymoon Island but Fort de Soto is an off leash beach.
I will be in Kentucky this weekend. Hopkinsville.

Did work take you to Kentucky?

We've talked about taking them if they want to go. My wife found a 5 attraction pass for $99, it includes Busch gardens and the zoo in there. We told them it's up to them cause they love the water. I'm looking forward to fishing in the area.

Funny...Fort de Soto & Honeymoon island are my favorite beaches also. I like them because of the dog beaches. Dogs have to be leashed on Honeymoon Island but Fort de Soto is an off leash beach.
I will be in Kentucky this weekend. Hopkinsville.

Did work take you to Kentucky?

My wife wants to go to honeymoon island while we're down there.

I used to live in St Pete. I'll second the Tampa Bay area. My wife and I still miss the strawberry festival.

My mom lives in St Pete and I really like that area. Lots of cool beaches, and professional hockey and baseball.

In no particular order:
  • San Diego-great weather & plenty to do
  • New York-I grew up there and enjoy Manhattan
  • Chicago-spring/fall is great
  • Sanibel/Captiva-peaceful & relaxing
  • Naples-low crime, restaurants, sunsets
  • Tampa-home...favorite place I've ever lived
  • Nashville-live music

pretty sure you are the first to list NYC.

NYC is nice to go visit but once you've hit the sites there's not really any reason to stick around. as others have said with Vegas. no soul to the city.

jmo, not hating on it.

VN Store

Back