Eyes on the Balkans

If he continues on his path of secession yes. That is one of the powers granted to the HR in order to maintain the peace and adherence to the Dayton Accord.
Oh, I'm sure removing Dodik will kill the seccesionist movement. I'm sure that undemocratic act will go over just fine...

Kosovo declared independence in 2008, but Belgrade and Moscow have refused to recognize it.

I love the framing about the countries that don't recognize Kosovo as an independent state. If you didn't know any better, you would be left with the impression that it's only the Serbs and Russia.

1696087870845.png

Election irregularities when a war criminal with connections to organized crime is involved?

No way!

Is there a wannabe dictator that you won't shill for if given the chance?

Reactions: tvolsfan
Reactions: BeardedVol
Reactions: BeardedVol
Oh, I'm sure removing Dodik will kill the seccesionist movement. I'm sure that undemocratic act will go over just fine...

Again, why is this our problem? And don't give me this Archduke Ferdinand nonsense...

US Flies F-16 Fighter Jets Over Bosnia In Threat To Serbs Who Want Secession

The US flew two F-16 fighter jets over Bosnia and Herzegovina on Monday as a show of force meant as a threat to Bosnian Serb leader Milorad Dodnik, who wants independence for the Serb-majority area of the country he controls.

Dodnik is the president of the Republika Srpska, a semi-autonomous Serb republic within the borders of Bosnia and Herzegovina that’s separate from the other part of the country that’s mainly populated by Bosniak Muslims and Croats, known as the Federation of Bosnia-Herzegovina.

Again, why is this our problem? And don't give me this Archduke Ferdinand nonsense...

US Flies F-16 Fighter Jets Over Bosnia In Threat To Serbs Who Want Secession

The US flew two F-16 fighter jets over Bosnia and Herzegovina on Monday as a show of force meant as a threat to Bosnian Serb leader Milorad Dodnik, who wants independence for the Serb-majority area of the country he controls.

Dodnik is the president of the Republika Srpska, a semi-autonomous Serb republic within the borders of Bosnia and Herzegovina that’s separate from the other part of the country that’s mainly populated by Bosniak Muslims and Croats, known as the Federation of Bosnia-Herzegovina.

Maybe you should ask why Serbians are seemingly obsessed with creating a Serbian ethnostate, and are more than willing to commit genocide in order to do so.

STATEMENT ON REPUBLIKA SRPSKA DAY JANUARY 9 CELEBRATION

The BiH Constitutional Court has made clear in multiple rulings that the celebration of the Day of the Republika Srpska on January 9 is unconstitutional. The issue is not the celebration of the holiday, but rather the decision to do so on January 9. The linking of the commemoration to an Orthodox religious holiday violates several provisions of the BiH Constitution that prohibit discrimination. This is a matter of law, not an opinion.

‘Disappointed but not surprised’ – Serbia reacts to US arming separatists

While Serbia can’t change US policy, it will respond by bolstering its military capabilities, he added.

NATO bombed Serbia for 78 days in 1999 on behalf of ethnic Albanian separatists in Kosovo. The province was then placed under a UN provisional government while Security Council Resolution 1244 guaranteed Serbian sovereignty. Ethnic Albanians declared independence in 2008 with US support, but Serbia has never recognized the move, despite continued pressure from the West.

VN Store

Back