Exactly how thin is Florida?

Depends what you mean by thin.

They have numbers everywhere.

There are a few positions where the starters are there, but the backups are still not allowed into PG-13 movies.

But, it's not like Florida has 67 scholarship players.

How many will you have taking into account the 3 guys not making it in from the '15 class?

If I see another poster bring up previous match ups when discussing the UPCOMING season...I'm gonna throw my phone through the window.

Previous games from 1990 or 2014 have ZERO to do with current rosters, circumstances or coaches.

It means nothing.

I might give you 2014...anything before that means nothing. It's history.

2014 absolutely means something IMO

Reactions: 2 people
The mental and emotional blocks won't be there this year. With all of the freshman that played last year, the only loss they know is a battle and disappointment of a one point loss. And the new freshmen won't even have that as the ones who played last year will be wanting revenge and will have the newbies wanting it just as bad. And then the BS low class statements made by their previous coach after the game will be billboard material also. I think this years team will go into Florida with a winning mindset and a chip on their shoulders. And Jones said it was the low point of his career. It's gonna be fun to watch.

I just hope that if that happens the Florida fans show more class than UT fans last year. That was disgraceful.

Reactions: 2 people
I'm glad that numskull is gone, but he was reacting to the chanting from the hillbillies in orange and white.

I doubt Butch will allow his players to incite the student section; he's not a numskull and definitely higher class than the UF coach last year (granted it doesn't take much to exceed the exFL coach in class).

Reactions: 3 people
QB - Grier looks the part and will likely start over Harris.
RB - No issues here with Taylor, Lane and the freshman Scarlett.
WR - Inconsistent but deep; Robinson has all-SEC talent.
TE - UVA transfer is back for a 6th year, he can't be worse than Burton or Westbrook.
OL - I need a drink...
DL - Not as deep as a year ago, but talented.
LB - Less depth and less talent; rumor is Morrisson's knee injury was worse than advertised.
DB - Best corner tandem in the nation; safeties are slightly above average.

Good stuff as always :salute:

As much as I hate FL. I really like having LG and LW on the board. What are your thoughts on Grier? Do you think he gets the start with the OL being such a mess? I am just speaking from last year with UT's OL being so bad and Worley not really being able to scramble.

As much as I hate FL. I really like having LG and LW on the board. What are your thoughts on Grier? Do you think he gets the start with the OL being such a mess? I am just speaking from last year with UT's OL being so bad and Worley not really being able to scramble.

Grier was red shirted last year, so there is no value in keeping him completely out of the mix. By all accounts he can certainly fling the rock, and take a hit. But of course one worries that behind this porous offensive line he might take one too many hits, and be ruined.

I think he gets the start, but until we know whether we have plugged this line up well enough to save his life, expect a lot of substitution. If he can stay healthy, he might be a good one.

And I'll add that its not that tough to imagine that this guy

Grier-1024x672.jpg

will end up being more effective than this guy

driskel080913_8col.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
I normally hate for this game to be so early in the season. Although this year I hope it pays off for us. I think this really is the must win game for UT. Mentally they really need a win against FL and UGA this year.

I just hope that if that happens the Florida fans show more class than UT fans last year. That was disgraceful.

A Florida fan on a Tennessee forum lecturing Vol fans about their conduct during a game? That is quite amusing. I guess we can count on your fans to key some more cars and throw trash again like '91? The Florida excuse for that is also a Tennessee chant.

Reactions: 4 people
A Florida fan on a Tennessee forum lecturing Vol fans about their conduct during a game? That is quite amusing. I guess we can count on your fans to key some more cars and throw trash again like '91? The Florida excuse for that is also a Tennessee chant.

No fan should do anything like that. If that happened to anyone here, I apologize on behalf of my Gator brethren.

"Our students don't die."

Was that seriously being chanted? If so, that's tacky.

Yes it was, not by the entire student section like last October, but our band was greeted with the chant walking to the stadium, and a group of students started it up again later during the game.

That's the source of the bad blood for many UF fans, and it doesn't excuse the behavior that went on in Gainesville the following year, but you can certainly understand why some students acted out.

My final semester at UF was the fall of 1990, and I can't begin to describe the mood on campus while the Rolling murders were going on.

Last edited:
Thats like saying because my red toyota camry broke down on me 10 years ago. That my brand new car will do the same because it is also red.

This doesn't paint the full picture. it would be more accurate to say that every year for the last ten years you have been buying camrys that break down on you. still doesn't mean your new one this year breaks down, but says something is probably up.

This doesn't paint the full picture. it would be more accurate to say that every year for the last ten years you have been buying camrys that break down on you. still doesn't mean your new one this year breaks down, but says something is probably up.

Much better analogy. And, after ten years and ten consecutive brand new camrys that break down without fail, why in the world would the owner not think that the 11th Camry might not break down as well?

Much better analogy. And, after ten years and ten consecutive brand new camrys that break down without fail, why in the world would the owner not think that the 11th Camry might not break down as well?

To take that analogy a step further, the Camry runs just fine 85% of the time, but whenever it goes down a particular road it just shuts down. Doesn't matter if you just had it serviced, whenever it travels on that road it runs like crap, or doesn't run at all....and this particular road takes you to very happy place.

To take that analogy a step further, the Camry runs just fine 85% of the time, but whenever it goes down a particular road it just shuts down. Doesn't matter if you just had it serviced, whenever it travels on that road it runs like crap, or doesn't run at all....and this particular road takes you to very happy place.

dam this particular road, dam it.

Every Camry has its day. I hope our Camry's good day is on Sept 26, 2015, along with 11 others.:)

Yes it was, not by the entire student section like last October, but our band was greeted with the chant walking to the stadium, and a group of students started it up again later during the game.

That's the source of the bad blood for many UF fans, and it doesn't excuse the behavior that went on in Gainesville the following year, but you can certainly understand why some students acted out.

My final semester at UF was the fall of 1990, and I can't begin to describe the mood on campus while the Rolling murders were going on.

I watched a documentary on the "Gainesville Ripper" Danny Rolling murders a few years ago and I still get creeped out when thinking about it... The severed heads and breasts / nipples and dead girl's bodies placed in sexually suggestive poses to shock those entering the room. Hollywood couldn't come up with anything more grisly than this. If anyone ever deserved the death penalty, Rolling was the guy.

VN Store

Back