Exactly how thin is Florida?

About as thin as the lady that sticks her finger in the chocolate fountain at Golden Corral.

CBJ said this summer Florida loss hit him the hardest, had it on the possible win side until the game got out of hand...OL >>I'm sure they will be ready this year to give their best shot to win.

CBJ said this summer Florida loss hit him the hardest, had it on the possible win side until the game got out of hand...OL >>I'm sure they will be ready this year to give their best shot to win.

Our 1995 game got out of hand.

Last year's game was a battle for 60 minutes.

EXACTLY...

How we look "on paper" in June is MUCH more relevant than actual on field performance for the last 20 years...

I gotcha Chief! [BLUE font]

were you actually trying to be sarcastic and say that teams from the past with different players and different coaches have a bearing on how we will perform this year?

Thats like saying because my red toyota camry broke down on me 10 years ago. That my brand new car will do the same because it is also red.

The only thing the same between those past teams and this one, is that they wear the same color uniforms. :loco: :loco: :loco:

Reactions: 1 person
and runs north to south. Surrounded by water and full of swampland.
All kinds of ugly critters crawling around.

Somewhere between 6-8 wins I reckon.

I got you guys at 5-6 wins

wins:
New Mexico State
East Carolina
Vandy
Fl Atlantic

Toss ups:
Ole Miss
Mizzou
USC
Kentucky
FSU

Losses:
UT
LSU
UGA

I think you win 2 of the 5 toss ups. Not because I hate Florida but because I know how much a weak O Line can affect what should be wins. Last year, with even a decent line, we could have had 8-9 wins even with Worley at QB.

Our 1995 game got out of hand.

Last year's game was a battle for 60 minutes.

Last year's game was the sloppiest offensive game I've seen since my 6 year old daughter played all time QB with her friends in some back yard football. It was indeed a 60 minute battle...one that showed why Bajakian needed to go and Muschamp needed to stay a defense guy.

QB - Grier looks the part and will likely start over Harris.
RB - No issues here with Taylor, Lane and the freshman Scarlett.
WR - Inconsistent but deep; Robinson has all-SEC talent.
TE - UVA transfer is back for a 6th year, he can't be worse than Burton or Westbrook.
OL - I need a drink...
DL - Not as deep as a year ago, but talented.
LB - Less depth and less talent; rumor is Morrisson's knee injury was worse than advertised.
DB - Best corner tandem in the nation; safeties are slightly above average.

Based on what I've heard and more emphasis on what you're saying, my take-away (thinking conservatively because you never know how a new coach will rejuvenate a team):

Advantage:

QB: Tennessee
RB: slight edge to Tennessee (UF has depth, we have firepower)
WR: slight edge to Tennessee (we're deep, and we have multiple guys with all-SEC talent)
TE: Tennessee
OL: Tennessee winning the tallest midget award
DL: Tennessee. Deep and talented, could be rolling 3-deep this year
LB: push, because we have questions at MLB.
DB: push, although we probably have much better depth at the Safety positions

What about ST?
Medley's definitely one of the better kickers in the SEC. And I'm sure we'll at least be serviceable at Punter. What does UF look like on Special Teams?

QB - Grier looks the part and will likely start over Harris.
RB - No issues here with Taylor, Lane and the freshman Scarlett.
WR - Inconsistent but deep; Robinson has all-SEC talent.
TE - UVA transfer is back for a 6th year, he can't be worse than Burton or Westbrook.
OL - I need a drink...
DL - Not as deep as a year ago, but talented.
LB - Less depth and less talent; rumor is Morrisson's knee injury was worse than advertised.
DB - Best corner tandem in the nation; safeties are slightly above average.

Well it's not really fair to be able to count Lane. He's a disgusting cheater. When he takes a trip to brown town mid-game it makes it harder to tackle him (you slide right off...and who wants to touch him?), and gives him a brief speed boost. It's like pressing turbo (turdbo?).

images

Last edited:
S*** happens, I think it's hilarious, but I'd never make fun of him for it. I'd crap myself to if I were getting hit by 6'3'' 200+ dudes running at terminal velocity.

Reactions: 3 people
I'd put Ole Miss and Mizzou in the loss column, and Kentucky in the win column, but otherwise looks about right.

Ha! I originally had Mizzou in loss and UK in win but Ole Miss and Mizzou are both 2 teams that could be good or could be really bad. Since the game is at Kentucky I moved them to toss ups because I think they will really want to beat you guys after last year.

But yes, I agree with you.

I say it takes a special kind of stupid to deny that mental and emotional blocks exists for a program that struggles year after year after year (say, who have lost 18 of the last 22 games played) no matter who the coaches are, no matter who the players are, no matter who the AD is, to beat another particular program.

So, looks like we're even.

The mental and emotional blocks won't be there this year. With all of the freshman that played last year, the only loss they know is a battle and disappointment of a one point loss. And the new freshmen won't even have that as the ones who played last year will be wanting revenge and will have the newbies wanting it just as bad. And then the BS low class statements made by their previous coach after the game will be billboard material also. I think this years team will go into Florida with a winning mindset and a chip on their shoulders. And Jones said it was the low point of his career. It's gonna be fun to watch.

Reactions: 2 people
...I think this years team will go into Florida with a winning mindset and a chip on their shoulders...

Yes, totally this! Reflect on Team 119's leadership: Sutton ... Reeves-Maybin ... Maggitt ... Barnett (though young) ... Hurd (though young) ... Dobbs ... Howard ... North ...

...do you see any of those fellows having any fear of Florida (or anyone else)? Can you imagine any single one of them hanging their head in defeat before the game starts? Can you envision a single one of them doubting themselves?

Because I can't. Not for any one of them.

And as our player-leaders go, so goes the team.

We are gonna stomp Florida's ass this year. Team 119 isn't cowed. That's just some of the fan base.

VN Store

Back