"Ex-Vols Relish Jones Call"....Volquest

I just answered it Dumba$$. It wasnt a question anyway. I just proved your ignorance in answering it. Anything else or are you tired of getting your a$$ handed to you. I'm having a blast showing your wrong and obviously not very knowledgeable.

Still haven't answered the question...

But this time, I made it a post all by itself so hopefully you can figure it out. Not looking too encouraging, though.

Unreal how this new coach is. Tennessee might have stumbled ass backwards into lighting Into the proverbial bottle.

As the song says... You can't always get what you want. But if you try sometimes, you just might find... You get what you need.

GBO!

Great now i have that song in my head...lol

I think you are right, really like the things CBJ is doing. Long overdue imo, others just paid lip service to UT's history and tradition, i get the feeling CBJ respects it deeply.
The most important thing of course is, he wants to be here.

He's reaching out to former players so if he tanks it for 3 years we don't run him out of town. Otherwise whats the point. You have to earn respect in these parts. CBJ ain't earned crap yet. He needs to stop worrying bout what former players think of him and worry about what FUTURE players think of him. I like CBJ, but he hasn't proved anything yet. It's hard to rally behind a coach that was the 5th or 6th choice with mediocre success in bad conferences.

Still pissed over Gruden?

He's making $3 million per year with a so-so record in crappy conferences, so he better be doing everything right and working about 18 hours a day. I don't care about his family. I care about 4 and 5* recruits and wins.

It is fans like you who have no perspective or reasoning that have made the Vol fanbase a laughing stock.

I do not know how it will work out for Jones. I do know that he has 4 championships in 6 years. And while you can call them "crappy conferences".... you cannot say that he inherited the best players or the best recruiting situation in those "crappy conferences." He coached up what he had an on a pretty consistent basis beat more talented teams.

Saban arrived at LSU after coaching in pretty "crappy" Big 10. The only championship he had at that point was from the one season he coached at Toledo. He was on a SERIOUS hot seat at MSU having accumulated a 25-22-1 record over four seasons with 3 blow out bowl losses to LSU, Stanford, and Washington. He'd never finished higher than 5th in the Big 10 in his first 4 years there. He finished 9-2 in 1999 finishing 2nd in the Big 10 then escaped to LSU as quickly as he could.

The point is this: Jones may or may not succeed at UT but he has a better resume than the 5 most successful coaches in the SEC had when they were hired for their first SEC HC job (Spurrier, Muschamp, Saban, Miles, and Richt.) You need to put things into their big picture perspective and stop acting the fool.

Reactions: 2 people
He never beat a Big East team with 8 or more wins. He played 9 of them, and lost every single one. Why?

You do know the last 2 yrs 6 big east teams have 8 plus reg season wins and cincy accounts for 2 of them. Not many opportunities and yes lost both this yr, 3 pts to Louis and 10-3 to Rutgers. And again with a new QB and Starting QB got hurt and replacing their best RB possibly ever. And last year they lost Starting QB Zach C. And had numerous injuries to starters and still won the big east and coach of the yr. If injuries are excuses then we cant make excuses for last season when we lost Bray, Hunter and numerous others. What ya got??

I do not know how it will work out for Jones. I do know that he has 4 championships in 6 years. And while you can call them "crappy conferences".... you cannot say that he inherited the best players or the best recruiting situation in those "crappy conferences." He coached up what he had an on a pretty consistent basis beat more talented teams.

Regarding his time at Cincinnati, every point you make in this paragraph is incorrect.

He's making $3 million per year with a so-so record in crappy conferences, so he better be doing everything right and working about 18 hours a day. I don't care about his family. I care about 4 and 5* recruits and wins.

a stopped reading at "so-so record"

Still haven't answered the question...

But this time, I made it a post all by itself so hopefully you can figure it out. Not looking too encouraging, though.

Just answered it. You are obviously butthurt over this hire. Did Butch steal your chick, mom or sis? Never seen one person hate and just dig and dig to find nothing that is there. Its quite embarrassing for you and I actually feel sorry for you. Must suck to live life with so much hate and misery. All kidding aside, one Vol to another I really hope you get yourself right and get rid of the hate and anger. Dont wish that on any Vol. Please over the holidays get yourself some help and will be more than glad to follow up and check on you. Only Bammers deserve this kind of misery, unless you are gonna be one and in that case.....

Yeah, Azzanni is so great that Meyer brought him to Ohio St...oh, wait. Want to answer my last question?

Non sequitur.

He could only hire one WR coach. He hired a guy who had been with him for 5 years at UF over a guy who had spent a year with him twice in two different places.... and whose career has NEVER been tethered to him.

The point you are trying to make is incredibly idiotic. It is akin to saying that when Dow Chemical hires a chemical engineer it means that every other chemical engineer was not only not chosen... but not a good engineer.

Just answered it. You are obviously butthurt over this hire. Did Butch steal your chick, mom or sis? Never seen one person hate and just dig and dig to find nothing that is there. Its quite embarrassing for you and I actually feel sorry for you. Must suck to live life with so much hate and misery. All kidding aside, one Vol to another I really hope you get yourself right and get rid of the hate and anger. Dont wish that on any Vol. Please over the holidays get yourself some help and will be more than glad to follow up and check on you. Only Bammers deserve this kind of misery, unless you are gonna be one and in that case.....

I'm not angry at all. Your struggles with reading comprehension are certainly impressive, but I can't hold that against you.

Not just both this year, every one of them every year. Every team has injuries, but that's your excuse? Just making sure.

My point was he didnt exactly have many opportunities when he was the one winning the 8+ games. Yes every team has injuries but how many lose their starting QB 2 yrs in a row and goes 10-3 and 9-3 in both yrs? Im guessing not many. Just face it you have nothing and grasping at straws. Very, very sad.

Well that was a waste of reading. Maybe you could take up scrapbooking or something.

Actually everything he said is correct.

I do not know how it will work out for Jones. I do know that he has 4 championships in 6 years.

Wrong. Unless, of course, Oklahoma "won" the Big 12 this year.

And while you can call them "crappy conferences".... you cannot say that he inherited the best players or the best recruiting situation in those "crappy conferences."

You're saying Jones inherited a bad situation when Cincinnati went 23-3 in the two years before he got there.

He coached up what he had an on a pretty consistent basis beat more talented teams.

Name one "more talented team" that Cincinnati beat.

I'm not angry at all. Your struggles with reading comprehension are certainly impressive, but I can't hold that against you.

Actually answered everything you asked and because you dont like my answers being correct you have become defensive. No worries, its the first sign of having it handed to you. Keep fighting the battle though, someone will agree with you.

I can't speak for Gruuuden, but for me it's less a decision to consciously go negative because I have an "agenda" than it is a refusal to blindly go "YEAHHHH HE'S GONNA OWN SABAN GBO" just because he says something cool at a press conference.

Pretty much everyone was "negative" right when the hire was announced, then he says a couple nice things and all of a sudden there are like 50 threads that basically say "well, now that I thought about it a little more, he's gonna dominate!!! If you disagree go cheer for Alabama!!"

The last paragraph is what kills me. The tranformation of this board after the presser was unreal.

So far he has said and done the right things and that is great. I'm sure that the former players really do appreciate being involved in the program again and they without a doubt should be, but let the coach prove something in recruiting and on the field at UT before claiming him the next great thing.

Reactions: 1 person
Regarding his time at Cincinnati, every point you make in this paragraph is incorrect.

No. It isn't. L'ville had better players. Pitt had better players. WVU had better players. Syracuse had better players. USF had better players and a MUCH better recruiting situation. UConn had better players when he arrived. Even Rutgers probably had better players....

So exactly WHAT was incorrect?

Cincy is located on the river across from KY. Ohio is recruited by the entire Big 10 and MAC. Cincy is FAR from the school of choice.

It seems to me some of the posters on this board have a bigger problem with those of us who wanted Gruden as our next HC, than we do of having CBJ...

I am giving CBJ the benefit of the doubt, but none of us would say he was on our radar when he was named as HC....

Who knows, I can't change anything that happened, especially the hire, so I HOPE HE WINS, not because he was my first choice, but because he is the coach of my Vols

I've found that things I have found outside of my radar have shown to be the true difference makers in life.

You're saying Jones inherited a bad situation when Cincinnati went 23-3 in the two years before he got there.

They were ranked #8 at the time. Ok so Auburn won 22 the past 2 yrs but had a god awful yr this yr. Bad seasons happen and CBJ followed it up with 19 wins the last 2. Keep bringing dude, got answers that show you continue to be wrong.

Actually answered everything you asked and because you dont like my answers being correct you have become defensive. No worries, its the first sign of having it handed to you. Keep fighting the battle though, someone will agree with you.

My question never changed. It just took you like 10 posts to finally answer that it was because of "injuries." 21-1 against teams with 7 or fewer wins, 2-13 against teams with 8+. If you think that's a great sign of success in this league, good for you. I hope you're right. But if he becomes some great coach with a record like that, he would certainly be the first one.

Really? What BCS bowl did they play in?

Angry Grudenite sitting on couch can't take the 2011 Big East championship trophy out of these hands.

134708992_extra_large_medium.jpg

My question never changed. It just took you like 10 posts to finally answer that it was because of "injuries." 21-1 against teams with 7 or fewer wins, 2-13 against teams with 8+. If you think that's a great sign of success in this league, good for you. I hope you're right. But if he becomes some great coach with a record like that, he would certainly be the first one.

Like I posted earlier Saban was 34-29 54% in 5 seasons at Mich St and never won anything there. So if its OK with you I will support my team and not look for reasons to hate the new coach and pull against him.

Now you you are just denying a cold hard reality to suit your agenda. And NO, your response does NOT correspond to the guy's comments. You are intentionally negative.... you are a kool-aid drinker on acid in the opposite direction and have been for a very long time here.

You did say something about reading comprehension earlier, right? I said he did not inherit the most talent. He didn't. That isn't really very debatable if you take realistic look at the other teams in his conference.

Besides those already mentioned- Va Tech, NCSU, and Vandy.

He lost 24-21 to the same WVU team that rang up 70 pts vs Clemson.

Reactions: 1 person
Like I posted earlier Saban was 34-29 54% in 5 seasons at Mich St and never won anything there. So if its OK with you I will support my team and not look for reasons to hate the new coach and pull against him.

Just judging from experience with him. That will not be OK. It will irritate him to no end and make anything positive you say or believe a personal offence to him.

VN Store

Back