Ex CIA Director Brennan Accuses Trump of Treason

Rand hates war and hates being involved in foreign conflicts, so anything Trump does to have dialogue with adversaries that keep conflicts at bay, he's good with in a nut shell.

And he’s right, I have never understood why so many politicians are so quick to sound the drums of war. Well I do know why, it’s because 99% of them don’t have to deal with the consequences. Brennan is an idiot and he always has been. He is not doing himself any favors by opening his mouth and erasing all doubt that he is a partisan hack

Reactions: 1 person
Either you show cajones and say that you while you acknowledge Putin's claims of innocence you have faith in your own intelligence agency. or you kick it down the road... I am not going to comment on an investigation that is still ongoing.

As for the tweet...

You read that gem again to yourself and hit delete.

I don’t think that tweet is necessarily incorrect. We can’t claim that we have no responsibility in our overall relationship with Russia over the last 70 years. We were extremely close to nuclear war several times during the Cold War and I don’t think engaging in another Cold War is a good thing. This whole notion that the only effective way to deal with Russia is through strength is a flawed notion.

Everybody is losing their damn minds.

Trump's comments yesterday were ill advised and showed a lack of preparation and experience. They were not treasonous. I am not sure how anyone can argue otherwise. It wasn't Trump's best day, but as far as I can see he didn't make any agreements, so ultimately the bad day is harmless.

IMNSHO, Putin is simply better at this stuff than his American counterpart. He has gotten the best of Bush, Obama and now Trump. He always has and until he faces a counterpart with an extensive military background, he always will. The good news is that all these summits are the foreign diplomacy equivalent of winning the press conference for a college football coach. Putin doesn't want a conflict with the US and he has a very good sense of just how far he can push it. Lots of swagger, but he is very aware of the line. He knows he can invade Crimea. It would be the US equivalent to invading Oregon. He knows that invading Germany is another matter.

The issue is that Putin is attempting to befriend our allies and leave us on the same island that Russia has been on for decades. This where Trump's behavior becomes a little problematic. Right now we are fine, but I don't want Trump to continue to insult allies.

One guy is a loudmouth a-hole reality TV personality, the other is a seasoned ex KGB politician..why would anyone be shocked at the press conference?

Either you show cajones and say that you while you acknowledge Putin's claims of innocence you have faith in your own intelligence agency. or you kick it down the road... I am not going to comment on an investigation that is still ongoing.

Anything he said was going to be taken wrongly. Don't even try to kid yourself otherwise. As I have continued to ask, what should he have said?

"Uh uh! Putin did it!"

Did he go a little further than he likely should have? Yeah. But he also stated both sides

As for the tweet...

You read that gem again to yourself and hit delete.

Now, let's take the remainder of the remarks he made at the press conference:

TRUMP: Yes, I do. I hold both countries responsibility. I think the United States has been foolish. I think we have all been foolish. We should have had this dialogue a long time ago, a long time frankly before I got to office. I think we’re all to blame. I think that the United States now has stepped forward along with Russia. We’re getting together and we have a chance to do some great things, whether it’s nuclear proliferation in terms of stopping, we have to do it — ultimately, that’s probably the most important thing that we can be working on.

I do feel that we have both made some mistakes. I think that the probe is a disaster for our country. I think it’s kept us apart. It’s kept us separated. There was no collusion at all. Everybody knows it. People are being brought out to the fore. So far that I know, virtually, none of it related to the campaign. They will have to try really hard to find something that did relate to the campaign. That was a clean campaign. I beat Hillary Clinton easily and, frankly, we beat her. And I’m not even saying from the standpoint — we won that race. It’s a shame there could be a cloud over it. People know that. People understand it. The main thing — and we discussed this also — is zero collusion. It has had a negative impact upon the relationship of the two largest nuclear powers in the world. We have 90 percent of nuclear power between the two countries. It’s ridiculous. It’s ridiculous what’s going on with the probe.

Not so bad now and even reasonable. What's specifically wrong with saying what he said?

I don’t think that tweet is necessarily incorrect. We can’t claim that we have no responsibility in our overall relationship with Russia over the last 70 years. We were extremely close to nuclear war several times during the Cold War and I don’t think engaging in another Cold War is a good thing. This whole notion that the only effective way to deal with Russia is through strength is a flawed notion.

After the dissolution of the Soviet Union the US should have become better friends with Russia than we have. It still is puzzling that we continue to trot out the long dead specter of the cold war as a reason.

Remember this one folks?

Senator Mark Udall, Democrat of Colorado and another member of the Intelligence Committee, demanded Mr. Brennan’s resignation. “The C.I.A. unconstitutionally spied on Congress by hacking into the Senate Intelligence Committee computers,” he said in a written statement. “This grave misconduct not only is illegal but it violates the U.S. Constitution’s requirement of separation of powers.

“These offenses, along with other errors in judgment by some at the C.I.A., demonstrate a tremendous failure of leadership, and there must be consequences,” he added.

edf964mg9pr01.jpg

Reactions: 2 people
Anything he said was going to be taken wrongly. Don't even try to kid yourself otherwise. As I have continued to ask, what should he have said?

"Uh uh! Putin did it!"

Did he go a little further than he likely should have? Yeah. But he also stated both sides

Now, let's take the remainder of the remarks he made at the press conference:

Not so bad now and even reasonable. What's specifically wrong with saying what he said?

It isn't the proper forum to be discussing that particular issue in any meaningful way. I am not somebody that cares about Trump bashing the investigation. This was not the time or place.

Now what about that tweet? Okay? Ill advised? Stupid? or something else?

So, exactly what should Trump have said yesterday?

Furthermore, do you think the media has gone overboard on the whole situation in regards to Russian collusion?
From the liberals' point of view, I believe that Trump would have been perfectly within his rights to threaten Putin with a nuclear holocaust. Maybe he should have dropped one on Stalingrad before the meeting, just for show.

Reactions: 3 people
It isn't the proper forum to be discussing that particular issue in any meaningful way. I am not somebody that cares about Trump bashing the investigation. This was not the time or place.

Yeah, here's the problem though. The media wasn't going to just let it go. Even if Trump had said "still currently under investigation and I'd prefer not to talk about it" would have been like throwing a bleeding lamb into a shark tank.

You and I both know it. And the headlines would have read "Trump evades direct questioning" or some such nonsense.

Yeah, time and a place where that should be discussed. Now, do you want to inform the media of that?

Now what about that tweet? Okay? Ill advised? Stupid? or something else?

After being expanded in the press conference, not as bad as you imply. Yes, both the countries have been stupid when it comes to policy regarding Russia. Yes, the US took a stupid line in regards to Russia.

Russia took a stupid line too as pointed out by Trump.

Remember this one folks?

Senator Mark Udall, Democrat of Colorado and another member of the Intelligence Committee, demanded Mr. Brennan’s resignation. “The C.I.A. unconstitutionally spied on Congress by hacking into the Senate Intelligence Committee computers,” he said in a written statement. “This grave misconduct not only is illegal but it violates the U.S. Constitution’s requirement of separation of powers.

“These offenses, along with other errors in judgment by some at the C.I.A., demonstrate a tremendous failure of leadership, and there must be consequences,” he added.

edf964mg9pr01.jpg

Two Words: Short Rope

So if Trump said we’re going to kick your ass if we have to he will be destroyed by the media or opposition, or if he peacefully tries to calm a situation he’s a traitor?

Honestly, right now I don’t want any part of the Russians. Their progress in electronic warfare scares the hell out of me. What they’ve done in Syria to our AC-130’s providing AS is very unnerving.

Last edited:
What you don't understand is that Bar members represent a good cross section of America. A large portion of them are small business owners and very pro trump. Likewise you have the mega firm attorneys and they seem to be more left leaning. And you have everything in between. I am a small firm practitioner that leans left socially but right fiscally. I would vote to scrap the Tax Code and write a new one on a cocktail napkin which would cost many tax attorneys their jobs.

My tax proposal...

ALL income, regardless of source, shall be taxed at X%.
The first $25,000.00 shall be exempt from taxation.

All filers file single. I don't care if you have kids. All exemptions, deductions and credits eliminated.

You just got ostracized from your political party for that common sense. I dub thee ClearWaterPariahVol now. :good!:

So if Trump said we’re going to kick your ass if we have to he will be destroyed by the media or opposition, or if he peacefully tries to calm a situation he’s a traitor?

Honestly, right now I don’t want any part of the Russians. Their progress in electronic warfare scares the hell out of me. What they’ve done in Syria to our AC-130’s providing AS is very unnerving.

Whats that?

Everybody is losing their damn minds.

Trump's comments yesterday were ill advised and showed a lack of preparation and experience. They were not treasonous. I am not sure how anyone can argue otherwise. It wasn't Trump's best day, but as far as I can see he didn't make any agreements, so ultimately the bad day is harmless.

It's part of the credibility problem with the MSM. They make everything an existential threat. It's like the boy who cries wolf. Totally debased

It's part of the credibility problem with the MSM, LG/EL, Looth, BB, Mick, Zep, ect...... They make everything an existential threat. It's like the boy who cries wolf. Totally debased

Added for clarity.....

We’ve sanctioned them and certain individuals. We’ve kicked out diplomats and closed offices. But guess what, they will continue trying to hack us. Any country that can hack is hacking. The answer isn’t to go to war with all of them. The answer is to prepare and properly defend yourself from it - which the victims in this case failed to do, even after repeated warnings.

We’ve sanctioned them and certain individuals. We’ve kicked out diplomats and closed offices. But guess what, they will continue trying to hack us. Any country that can hack is hacking. The answer isn’t to go to war with all of them. The answer is to prepare and properly defend yourself from it - which the victims in this case failed to do, even after repeated warnings.

they didn't even use multi-factor authentication. The whole thing started as a case of spear-phishing John Podesta with a fake Google email asking him to input his google credentials. I mean how dumb do you have to be to do that without considering that it might be fake.

Yeah, here's the problem though. The media wasn't going to just let it go. Even if Trump had said "still currently under investigation and I'd prefer not to talk about it" would have been like throwing a bleeding lamb into a shark tank.

You and I both know it. And the headlines would have read "Trump evades direct questioning" or some such nonsense.

Yeah, time and a place where that should be discussed. Now, do you want to inform the media of that?

After being expanded in the press conference, not as bad as you imply. Yes, both the countries have been stupid when it comes to policy regarding Russia. Yes, the US took a stupid line in regards to Russia.

Russia took a stupid line too as pointed out by Trump.

That is the problem with Twitter. It is a self contained sound bite. There is no explaining it later. Professional athletes are given classes on Twitter and advised to compose, review, review and then walk away for a period of time and then review again before hitting post. I heard an former NBA player turned announcer say that he deletes more than 50% of his tweets when he gives them a little while to "marinate."

Trump's tweet was ill-advised, given the circumstances. You continually trying to justify shows your lack of objectivity when it comes to Trump. It ain't treasonous and it doesn't have the power to commit the US to some treaty, but it wasn't a good look when you are walking into a meeting with one of the most powerful people on the planet.

From what I've read they successfully have hacked the AC-130-s targeting systems and taken them offline while they they were providing support for some of our Special Ops guys.

I saw the story where Russian tried to use "hacked" screenshots to prove the US was helping ISIS, but it turned out and the Kremlin admitted that they were actually screenshots from the AC-130 Gunship Simulator video game. #reallyfakenews

From the liberals' point of view, I believe that Trump would have been perfectly within his rights to threaten Putin with a nuclear holocaust. Maybe he should have dropped one on Stalingrad before the meeting, just for show.

would have been funny if he bonked him in the head with the soccer ball as he turned away.:)

I saw the story where Russian tried to use "hacked" screenshots to prove the US was helping ISIS, but it turned out and the Kremlin admitted that they were actually screenshots from the AC-130 Gunship Simulator video game. #reallyfakenews

I saw that too. However, I did read something that seemed to be legit. I certainly don’t want to be right about this.

That is the problem with Twitter. It is a self contained sound bite. There is no explaining it later. Professional athletes are given classes on Twitter and advised to compose, review, review and then walk away for a period of time and then review again before hitting post. I heard an former NBA player turned announcer say that he deletes more than 50% of his tweets when he gives them a little while to "marinate."

Trump's tweet was ill-advised, given the circumstances. You continually trying to justify shows your lack of objectivity when it comes to Trump. It ain't treasonous and it doesn't have the power to commit the US to some treaty, but it wasn't a good look when you are walking into a meeting with one of the most powerful people on the planet.

Other than annoying Democrats, what sport does Trump play?

Not that it isn't a full time job annoying them.

VN Store

Back