Even the players are noticing

VolsByNature

DeletedPost Record Holder
A good amount of fans that are could care less about the wins, they'd rather point out the losses.

I feel bad for these guys, they don't deserve this.

Reactions: 7 people
They don't deserve it, but Cuonzo does. We have been soo inconsistent over the past three years and there is nothing that Coach Martin does that tells me that this trend will change.

Which Tennessee team will show up for the NCAA tournament? The team that fought Florida tooth and nail and beat Virginia by 35 or the one who got swept by Texas A&M?

Reactions: 32 people
I've been hard on CCM...but the fans need to give it a rest and get behind this team and enjoy a possible run. They complain about not being in the tourney and now they are complaining that we are in. Wait until the offseason to B**** and moan. Give the seniors some respect and get behind this team. GBO or GTFO!

Reactions: 23 people
They don't deserve it, but Cuonzo does. We have been soo inconsistent over the past three years and there is nothing that Coach Martin does that tells me that this trend will change.

Which Tennessee team will show up for the NCAA tournament? The team that fought Florida tooth and nail and beat Virginia by 35 or the one who got swept by Texas A&M?

This is what kills me.....the inconsistency of this team is placed 100 percent on Counzo but not the players?!? Give me a break. Delusional.

Reactions: 11 people
to all the players taking notes:

Play more consistent. 14 points and 25% shooting in the second half of a tournament against the #1 team in the nation is as inconsistent as it comes, esp when you score 35 and shoot 50% in the first half.

We want you to win. We want to believe. We have seen your potential. We have also seen you fall apart at times and look completely lost. This is on the players and the coaches. This season has been Jekyll and Hyde all year long. As a fan, its hard to stay positive when you see the potential for greatness and then you see the team fall apart when it matters most.

Reactions: 6 people
Doesn't really matter how he did it. Martin has his team playing the way they should in March.
Sit back and enjoy while it lasts!!

Reactions: 6 people
They think Tennessee fans are bad? See what happens when expectations aren't met at Kentucky or UNC. It doesn't justify it, but it could be MUCH worse.

Reactions: 1 person
They think Tennessee fans are bad? See what happens when expectations aren't met at Kentucky or UNC. It doesn't justify it, but it could be MUCH worse.

Yeah- those schools will not settle for less than an ELITE coach who demands consistency and excellence.

For them, mediocrity is not an option.

Love my Vols but for Bball, a Big Diff.

Inconsisitency. Its on the players and coach. Playing like they did some games this year was in my opnion disrespectul to volnation. Then they laid down in the NIT tourn. in the past. They barely got in the ncaa this year and imo they are not in it with a play in game. Bottom line they need to earn the support of us. I will support them. I want a team that plays hard all the year.

Reactions: 2 people
I can see this team getting to the Sweet 16 just as easily as I can see them flaming out in the play-in game.

Reactions: 2 people
If the players and Martin are getting tired of the criticism them do something about it. I have been unable to watch a game for some time because of the inconsistency. You are are at a big time program so the criticism is going to be there. This team has underachieved and everyone knows it. Who is to blame? Well, it's not the fans, so it has to be coaching or a lack of player discipline. But when the coach and players call out the fans, then it's time for a change. Yes, the fans pay your salary and make it possible for the games to be played. We have a right to complain about the product you put on the court. Some complaints are asinine but some are legit. JMO.

Reactions: 4 people

But aren't the expectations at those HISTORIC programs somewhat justified? You are talking about two of the top five or six (with Kansas, Duke, UCLA, and maybe Indiana) programs of all time not a program who has made ONE Elite Eight in its history.

If TN had even close to that historical success I could see the inflated expectations, but the expectations some of this fanbase has are preposterous IMO

GBO and Good luck tomorrow night!! :hi:

Reactions: 4 people
If the players and Martin are getting tired of the criticism them do something about it. I have been unable to watch a game for some time because of the inconsistency. You are are at a big time program so the criticism is going to be there. This team has underachieved and everyone knows it. Who is to blame? Well, it's not the fans, so it has to be coaching or a lack of player discipline. But when the coach and players call out the fans, then it's time for a change. Yes, the fans pay your salary and make it possible for the games to be played. We have a right to complain about the product you put on the court. Some complaints are asinine but some are legit. JMO.

The fans make it possible for the games to be played? Do the games magically not be played if there are only 5k fans there? Do the refs say "you forfeit because you don't have enough fans in here"?

No question the last five years the Vols have clearly established themselves as the worse fan base of any college team in the USA. The fan base most likely to run down their own coach.
I do believe it is a vocal minority though - from my perspective it started with the ride to fame that the idiot called Small Mike and latter by other usernames went on to get Coach Fulmer fired - it kind of established you could make yourself semi famous by attacking our coaches. I don't so much argue with the merit of the arguments as with the terrible nastiness that the Negavols treat OUR Coaches.

A good amount of fans that are could care less about the wins, they'd rather point out the losses.

I feel bad for these guys, they don't deserve this.

Seems to me they play in front of pretty solid crowd at home this season for a team that doesn't show up itself, quit with whining and go play ball. GoVols beat our 11seed partner Hawkeys!

The fans make it possible for the games to be played? Do the games magically not be played if there are only 5k fans there? Do the refs say "you forfeit because you don't have enough fans in here"?

It's called money! Fans are milked for every dime, we pay for everything. I do mean everything. If we didn't pay they would be playing in gym at home in front of their parents. So if some see a pathetic coached product they have the right to complain and or not go.

Reactions: 3 people
It's called money! Fans are milked for every dime, we pay for everything. I do mean everything. If we didn't pay they would be playing in gym at home in front of their parents. So if some see a pathetic coached product they have the right to complain and or not go.

Yes, I get that. But the games will still be played regardless of the fans, unlike what you said. The players and the team make it possible. The game will be played without fans, it won't without players.

Example: South Carolina and Auburn's arenas this year.

But aren't the expectations at those HISTORIC programs somewhat justified? You are talking about two of the top five or six (with Kansas, Duke, UCLA, and maybe Indiana) programs of all time not a program who has made ONE Elite Eight in its history.

If TN had even close to that historical success I could see the inflated expectations, but the expectations some of this fanbase has are preposterous IMO

GBO and Good luck tomorrow night!! :hi:

I don't see it as "inflated expectations", we've clearly seen that a good coach can win at TN and win big. What we've seen the past three years an inconsistent team that barely made it into the Tourney this year.

This falls on both the players and coaches, the players for having a losing attitude, and it's on the coaches for allowing that attitude to continue.

As we've seen with CBJ, the right coach can come in and change the attitude of the whole team.

Reactions: 1 person
Yes, I get that. But the games will still be played regardless of the fans, unlike what you said. The players and the team make it possible. The game will be played without fans, it won't without players.

Example: South Carolina and Auburn's arenas this year.

Yes but with attendance their coach want be.

VN Store

Back