ESPN: Saban hosts Manning (and Bronco Coaches)

I can't believe only 44 people have responded to this. So Peyton gets a free pass to go down to Alabama, of all universities, and pal around just because it's Peyton? If the title of the story was "Peyton Manning meets with Lane Kiffin in Tuscaloosa to discuss offensive strategy" would there still be only 44 replies? I'm about half bumfuzzled on this one. Swain said on his show yesterday that it's not right and I agree with him.

If your jimmies get rustled over something like this, it's probably time to take a step back and take a breath.

NFL investigating Manning, Broncos offensive coordinator

Just like always, a visit to Satan's world always comes with bitter consequences.

BTW- It kinda bothers me that he would go down there anyways. It gives coaches a perfect setup to say, "Look who Peyton goes to for advise! He doesn't even respect Butch enough to ask him." Just Sayin'

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
Because football hasn't changed a bit since the 30s, right?

You already revealed that you don't read before you post. Now you're indicating that you don't think, either.
What do you expect? His parents and grandparents were from Anniston.

Manning is a genius I tell you. He's gonna get Bammer put on probation! Once the NFL is through then the NCAA jumps in!!
:dance2::pepper:

I don't know if my sarcasm meter is broken or not but Bama didn't do anything wrong..

Reactions: 2 people
NFL investigating Manning, Broncos offensive coordinator

Just like always, a visit to Satan's world always comes with bitter consequences.

BTW- It kinda bothers me that he would go down there anyways. It gives coaches a perfect setup to say, "Look who Peyton goes to for advise! He doesn't even respect Butch enough to ask him." Just Sayin'
Manning going to bama for no huddle advice is funny. They're probably the slowest running offense in CFB

Ya'll are getting so worked up about something that's such a non-issue. Are you also upset that he went to OU and Okie State in the couple days before that? It has absolutely nothing to do with "respect for Butch" or "respect for Tennessee". He was there with his OC, Adam Gase, just talkin' ball, because that's what his idea of vacation is. Peyton is and will always be a VFL, and like him or not, Saban is one of the finest defensive minds in coaching right now. Peyton is a student of the game, and anything he can learn that will help his game on Sundays just makes Tennessee look better. That's really all there is to it.

Reactions: 5 people
Ya'll are getting so worked up about something that's such a non-issue. Are you also upset that he went to OU and Okie State in the couple days before that? It has absolutely nothing to do with "respect for Butch" or "respect for Tennessee". He was there with his OC, Adam Gase, just talkin' ball, because that's what his idea of vacation is. Peyton is and will always be a VFL, and like him or not, Saban is one of the finest defensive minds in coaching right now. Peyton is a student of the game, and anything he can learn that will help his game on Sundays just makes Tennessee look better. That's really all there is to it.

This. Well said and lets move on.

Tee Martin stays in Los Angeles and he's the enemy but Peyton turns down a job in TN and consults with TN most hated rival and it's cool. Interesting.

Reactions: 3 people
Tee Martin stays in Los Angeles and he's the enemy but Peyton turns down a job in TN and consults with TN most hated rival and it's cool. Interesting.

Most folks don't have a problem with Tee. He made a business decision, nothing more. This board does well to bring to light the "vocal minority." I wouldn't assume the opinions here in anyway are representative of the fan base as a whole.

I thought Saban's defense looked real good against Oklahoma.

Reactions: 1 person
Most folks don't have a problem with Tee. He made a business decision, nothing more. This board does well to bring to light the "vocal minority." I wouldn't assume the opinions here in anyway are representative of the fan base as a whole.

Time to begin shouting down the minority. :yes:

Investigation? Hardly...Just an NFL rule that players & coaches cannot collaborate in off- season sessions. Saban once coached with Broncos' OC & was going to have he & Peyton at Bama at the same time.

As long as he wasn't getting cozy with Lane Kiffin who got us placed on probation and was generally a source of embarrassment then I agree it's not even worth a mention, Though I really don't see anyone getting worked up about it. You can choose to not like something without considering it an important matter. It's April and there is not much else to talk about in the football forum.

Peyton should probably pay Charon and travel the River Styx next time he wants to talk football with Nick without being caught...

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back