ESPN: Saban hosts Manning (and Bronco Coaches)

I know it means nothing .. but it still grinds your gears. Like your wife talking to your arch nemesis over the weather.. means nothing.. still grinds your gears.

Reactions: 2 people
Best of all-time is a really tough, totally subjective claim. Saban's on the all-time Mt Rushmore. If he wins another title or two? The greatest claim is probably inarguable.

Are you serious? Another title or two....being the greatest? How about a Shutout season? like Neyland had?? What is subjective about a team's entire season not even being blemished by a single field goal like Neylands Vols?
You think Saban can do that?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Are you serious? Another title or two....being the greatest? How about a Shutout season? like Neyland had?? What is subjective about a team's entire season not even being blemished by a single field goal like Neylands Vols?

That happened in the 1930s before any of our daddies were even a dirty thought in our grand daddy's mind.

Other teams did it back then. TN was just the last/most recent to do it. It's a fun stat to brag about but the reality is that was a completely different era and with the way the rules are set up today its hard enough to get a single shut out in a season.

I hate Bama but its hard to argue that Saban isn't the best of his era.

This is business. It's the business of both Peyton and Saban. They're both just being professional.

Because football hasn't changed a bit since the 30s, right?

You already revealed that you don't read before you post. Now you're indicating that you don't think, either.

UT lost the bowl game that year 21-14, didn't they?

Other teams did it back then. TN was just the last/most recent to do it. It's a fun stat to brag about but the reality is that was a completely different era and with the way the rules are set up today its hard enough to get a single shut out in a season.

Bingo

He has that talent due to his coaching and his excellent recruiting. I know people here won't want to admit it, but he is probably the best college HC of all time.

"...of all time..." is a GREAT STRETCH!

THE GENERAL; Bud Wilkinson from Oklahoma--Bo Schembechler...Bryant....Tom Osborne....Rockne....
Even Barry Schwitzer was a great college coach with a MUCH, MUCH better record than Saban.....:salute:

Saban might just be the best thing going right now--but I'd take David Shaw right now over Saban....:salute:

"...of all time..." is a GREAT STRETCH!

THE GENERAL; Bud Wilkinson from Oklahoma--Bo Schembechler...Bryant....Tom Osborne....Rockne....
Even Barry Schwitzer was a great college coach with a MUCH, MUCH better record than Saban.....:salute:

Saban might just be the best thing going right now--but I'd take David Shaw right now over Saban....:salute:

Shaw over Saban??? Did I really just read that? :eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol:

I can't believe only 44 people have responded to this. So Peyton gets a free pass to go down to Alabama, of all universities, and pal around just because it's Peyton? If the title of the story was "Peyton Manning meets with Lane Kiffin in Tuscaloosa to discuss offensive strategy" would there still be only 44 replies? I'm about half bumfuzzled on this one. Swain said on his show yesterday that it's not right and I agree with him.

Reactions: 3 people
I can't believe only 44 people have responded to this. So Peyton gets a free pass to go down to Alabama, of all universities, and pal around just because it's Peyton? If the title of the story was "Peyton Manning meets with Lane Kiffin in Tuscaloosa to discuss offensive strategy" would there still be only 44 replies? I'm about half bumfuzzled on this one. Swain said on his show yesterday that it's not right and I agree with him.

Are you serious, Clark?

All jokes aside... I bet Saban isn't very "open" with anything he wants to keep from Jones and the rest of the SEC.

I don't know which is worse, the post or that it is supposed to have validity because SWAIN said so??
You really cant make this s*** up!
Our over illustrious Fan Base needs to man up and quit worrying so much. Perhaps we should take the Street Sign down....... :crazy:

VN Store

Back