ESPN pulls Robert Lee from UVA game.

So this guys name is Robert Lee so he can't be on TV?

Of course. Obviously that name just all of a sudden triggers these emotions from idiots who likely dont even know who Robert E Lee or the Civil War was about. This country should be vastly ashamed of itself. I understand the fact that many dont like Trump. But this crap is creating a divide in this country that might last decades.

Reactions: 4 people
I am a liberal. I will be a counter protester this weekend to the far right rallies in SF & Berkeley.

But, this is one of the most asinine things I have heard.
as you protest, please make sure that those who don't agree with you know that you are a tolerant American

Reactions: 2 people
He's having fun with it

Bob Ley @BobLeyESPN
Rather worried my employee ID/pass may not admit me in the AM. Life, as scripted by @OnionSports.

He better not have to much fun considering who he works for.....

I am a liberal. I will be a counter protester this weekend to the far right rallies in SF & Berkeley.

But, this is one of the most asinine things I have heard.

Much of what we're seeing lately has nothing to do with 'liberal'. True liberals BELIEVE in free speech. No matter how much they might disagree with what's being said, a real lib will agree with one's right to PEACEFULLY assemble and say it..

Reactions: 5 people
You actually believe this, don't you?

I think it is true, from what I have read about him and he was humiliated when Texas Western beat them for the NC It wasnt just Rupp though, as you can see by a piece of the article here --- 1966 Championship Game against Texas Western
An important game in Rupp's career was the 1966 NCAA championship game at Cole Field House against Texas Western, coached by Don Haskins. It featured Kentucky's all-white starting five versus Texas Western's all-black starting five as well as occurring at the height of the Civil Rights Movement. The game, which Texas Western won 72-65, helped accelerate the ongoing integration movement in college basketball, as well as the overall recruiting approach of the SEC, ACC, and SWC conferences at large.

Last edited:
Can we end the idiotic posts in this thread>? And this one is pinging a 10/10.

You can end whatever you wish. Just pop that little ingore botton.

What did you expect? Intelligent conversation about the stupidity of liberals?

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Much of what we're seeing lately has nothing to do with 'liberal'. True liberals BELIEVE in free speech. No matter how much they might disagree with what's being said, a real lib will agree with one's right to PEACEFULLY assemble and say it..

I think this has changed considerably in recent years as snowflakes are going to great lenghts to not hear an opinion different from theirs.

Actually, that's the Libertarians, Al. They're the big free speech, little-government, let-us-live-our-lives movement.

Liberal movement is about the redistribution of wealth. Namely, from the rich to the poor. Spreading the money around, liberally, so we've all got the same amount. They're only big proponents of free speech for folks who agree with that agenda.

So Liberal = economic focus. Libertarian = freedom focus.

Actually, that's the Libertarians, Al. They're the big free speech, little-government, let-us-live-our-lives movement.

Liberal movement is about the redistribution of wealth. Namely, from the rich to the poor. Spreading the money around, liberally, so we've all got the same amount. They're only big proponents of free speech for folks who agree with that agenda.

The folks on college campuses protesting speakers, counterprotester around the country, BLM etc are, for the most part liberals.

I saw this last night on FB and thought it had to be a joke. This is unreal even for the joke that has become ESPN.

Classic liberals (talking about 1800s liberals) are basically the Libertarians now. Today's liberals high-jacked the term liberal and all it means now is liberal with other peoples money.

I agree 100%. I can stand against hate speech while believing they have every right to gather and say what they want. I find it disturbing that Cal Berkeley, the home of the free speech movement, keeps cancelling speakers because of their words.

I first saw this news from Clay Travis, who I was almost certain was overplaying his hand/had been duped by some bad info because this fits perfectly with his narrative.

Honestly couldn't believe it when it was confirmed as true, and not much surprises me these days.

I think it is true, from what I have read about him and he was humiliated when Texas Western beat them for the NC It wasnt just Rupp though, as you can see by a piece of the article here --- 1966 Championship Game against Texas Western
An important game in Rupp's career was the 1966 NCAA championship game at Cole Field House against Texas Western, coached by Don Haskins. It featured Kentucky's all-white starting five versus Texas Western's all-black starting five as well as occurring at the height of the Civil Rights Movement. The game, which Texas Western won 72-65, helped accelerate the ongoing integration movement in college basketball, as well as the overall recruiting approach of the SEC, ACC, and SWC conferences at large.

I know the story. I was just commenting on D4H. He's completely off the reservation (is that racist to say?) when it comes to this kind of thing.

VN Store

Back