ESPN pulls Robert Lee from UVA game.

You think internet memes were not going to be all over that?

ESPN gets mocked for a "slave auction" FF draft. They try to avoid something similar happening and still get mocked. Meamwhile everyone reads the headline and off to the races. Dont want to hear the guy requested a reassignment, because that doesnt fit in to the current narrative. Josh Ward as talk about this thing called confirmation bias today.

Not as much as they are now. Who was going to tune into the UVA vs William & Mary game that wasn't a fan of either team? No one. ESPN has created this situation because of their stupid left PC driven agenda. Everything from Caitlyn Jenner, Michael Sam, Washington "Redskins", to the Missouri protests. It's not working for them and this week it totally embarrassed them.

Not as much as they are now. Who was going to tune into the UVA vs William & Mary game that wasn't a fan of either team? No one. ESPN has created this situation because of their stupid left PC driven agenda. Everything from Caitlyn Jenner, Michael Sam, Washington "Redskins", to the Missouri protests. It's not working for them and this week it totally embarrassed them.

Yep.

If ESPN did nothing, it would have turned into a screencap that would have appeared on Deadspin or Barstool Sports for a day. Probably wouldn't even "go viral."

Reactions: 1 person

I agree on most, but in this case the reporter requested reassignment. It doesnt matter who tunes in. Not many people watched the ff draft, but everyone knows about the "slave auction." This reminds me of the BLM stuff and picking what you protest. Since espn has taken on some of these social issues, they will now be mocked for everything, including things that dont matter. Giving Bruce Jenner an award over Lauren Hill, stupid, fire away. Assigning a reporter at the reporters request, non story.

I agree on most, but in this case the reporter requested reassignment. It doesnt matter who tunes in. Not many people watched the ff draft, but everyone knows about the "slave auction." This reminds me of the BLM stuff and picking what you protest. Since espn has taken on some of these social issues, they will now be mocked for everything, including things that dont matter. Giving Bruce Jenner an award over Lauren Hill, stupid, fire away. Assigning a reporter at the reporters request, non story.

No - that's a story too, because it shows how much influence SJWs and the social media mob have over the behavior of anybody who is even remotely a public figure.

I sympathize with the guy if he was legitimately worried he'd be made fun of or would offend people. For all we know, he personally might think nothing of it, but he is worried that trolls and virtue signalers on the internet might and he asked to be removed from the broadcast. Those are the times we live in.

What makes you think ive been offended by anything and how could you possibly know how happy i am? Just another dumb conversation

Generally speaking, ive found when people speak like this its usually the opposite, generally speaking, you know, but im sure you are the exception

Good grief dude, do you not recognize a joke when you see it..

As far as the rest of our conversation let's just agree to disagree. We can do that, right?

Not that it was the point of my post, but Patriot Prayer in San Francisco. Some group I have not heard of in Berkeley - I will probably skip this one after all, I am not familiar with them and I expect a lot of violence from anarchists.

My point being that libs can find this PC crap out of hand.

Sounds like there might be some at the Patriot Prayer too. At these events, do the peaceful counter protestors protest people like this too?

DH-MVAHU0AAmKxX.jpg

No - that's a story too, because it shows how much influence SJWs and the social media mob have over the behavior of anybody who is even remotely a public figure.

I sympathize with the guy if he was legitimately worried he'd be made fun of or would offend people. For all we know, he personally might think nothing of it, but he is worried that trolls and virtue signalers on the internet might and he asked to be removed from the broadcast. Those are the times we live in.
Correct, those are the times we live in and figuring out how to live in those times is smart, instead of complaining about it like we want the 1950s back. Lee was smart to suggest it. He wants a successful career in a public position. Not putting yourself in a bad spot is part of that.

Good grief dude, do you not recognize a joke when you see it..

As far as the rest of our conversation let's just agree to disagree. We can do that, right?

Always agree to disagree, noones opinion offends me, the sharing of differing opinions is what makes America great.

As for the joke, ive been widely criticized for not using the little gay smiley face thing if im joking about something.

Correct, those are the times we live in and figuring out how to live in those times is smart, instead of complaining about it like we want the 1950s back. Lee was smart to suggest it. He wants a successful career in a public position. Not putting yourself in a bad spot is part of that.

Nobody would have noticed. We're talking William & Mary vs. Virginia on ESPN3. They sure as hell notice now. And frankly, anybody who would have been "offended" at this either 1) has emotional stability problems or 2) is virtue signaling.

Also, your hyperbolic language is a big part of why conservative people rail so hard against political correctness. I think that the decision is silly, and that apparently means I "want the 1950s back." Apparently MSNBC wants the 50s back too, because they were also laughing at this decision on air yesterday.

Reactions: 1 person
How is that the fans of Pitt and Youngstown State are any less deserving of being shielded from the horror of an Asian guy with a name that is the same as a confederate war hero.

ESPN really just needs to fire this guy if he is unwilling to change his name.

Nobody would have noticed. We're talking William & Mary vs. Virginia on ESPN3. They sure as hell notice now. And frankly, anybody who would have been "offended" at this either 1) has emotional stability problems or 2) is virtue signaling.

Also, your hyperbolic language is a big part of why conservative people rail so hard against political correctness. I think that the decision is silly, and that apparently means I "want the 1950s back." Apparently MSNBC wants the 50s back too, because they were also laughing at this decision on air yesterday.

The decision is silly, but I find Clay Travis' "outrage" to be just as silly. He's becoming as bad as what he rails against, and he doesn't care because his followers eat it up.

Buddy, im about as far to the right as it gets. You are crazy if you dont think people would have noticed, people notice everything. People like you and I view things differently, than those constantly offended. So when dealing with things that present a public image, i try to remeber this: we dont see things as they are, we see things as we are. This guy isnt like you and i, he is trying to build a public image and not tying yourself to potential embarrasment is smart. ESPN attempted to handle internal and it was leaked out. Had it not been leak, there would have been no potential embarrasment for Mr. Lee and it wouldnt be a story.

The decision is silly, but I find Clay Travis' "outrage" to be just as silly. He's becoming as bad as what he rails against, and he doesn't care because his followers eat it up.

Agree. For his own good he should be conscious and aware that the more he makes this his shtick, he'll be a conservative version of what they are.

He's much better off at simply laughing at poking fun at ESPN for doing stuff like this (which is what he did before he made these stories a central part of his message) rather than claiming to be outraged by it.

Agree. For his own good he should be conscious and aware that the more he makes this his shtick, he'll be a conservative version of what they are.

He's much better off at simply laughing at poking fun at ESPN for doing stuff like this (which is what he did before he made these stories a central part of his message) rather than claiming to be outraged by it.

Yeah, I wish he'd go back to just being the "Hey look how stupid these guys are" guy instead of what he's become. I had to turn him off a while but I'm hoping once football starts back up he'll revert back a bit.

Yeah, I wish he'd go back to just being the "Hey look how stupid these guys are" guy instead of what he's become. I had to turn him off a while but I'm hoping once football starts back up he'll revert back a bit.

I don't know about his audience at large (I imagine they'll keep coming back as long as he keeps serving up red meat) but I know that I personally will continue to tune him out to a greater and greater extent the further down this political path he goes.

He still talks about actual sports more than enough to be entertaining to me, but if he goes mostly or exclusively political I'll stop paying attention, even though I'm inclined to agree him politically.

This time last year he was doing SEC season previews and having various handicappers on daily to talk Week 1 lines and over/under win totals with some "look at how silly SJWs are" stories mixed in. Not as much this year.

VN Store

Back