ESPN Can't Afford Anything (merged)

Probably been mentioned but I don't see why ESPN doesn't just offer a monthly streaming subscription like Netflix, Amazon, etc. It would be easy to recoup some money because of the viewers lost from cord-cutting.

Their current contracts prohibit this.

Probably been mentioned but I don't see why ESPN doesn't just offer a monthly streaming subscription like Netflix, Amazon, etc. It would be easy to recoup some money because of the viewers lost from cord-cutting.

I think read something about them doing that next year. Bob Iger mentioned it as well as launching some new morning shows.

And the games are almost always TERRIBLE. I have cable but rarely watch the MNF games because they are typically bad. Horrible matchups usually with not much in the way of marquee players, teams, or traditional matchups. I remember a time when I always used to watch MNF because it was typically the marquee game of the weekend. Now its typically an odd matchup with little in the way of buzz.

The best game of the week is usually the late afternoon game on CBS or Fox.

But if you don't watch every game.... how can you retroactively come back and tell us how accurate your draft picks were....? For shame, D4H, and here I was thinking you loved film and were a true student of the game.

Reactions: 1 person
I hope he gets the help he needs.

At the risk of sounding really insensitive, that is probably a ruse or at the very least not the whole story.

If he really does have a problem hopefully he gets help, but he signed a contract extension just a few months ago, a big Disney/Fox deal was announced just a few days ago, and the company simply isn't doing well at the moment. I doubt he's resigning purely for a "substance abuse issue." Why not a leave of absence?

Please take Jamele Hill and her twitter account with you. And good riddance to the both of you.

Please take Jamele Hill and her twitter account with you. And good riddance to the both of you.

I love how, commenting on her tweets that got her suspended, she said that she believed she had tweeted "something pretty benign." She called for a boycott of the Dallas Cowboys' (and effectively her own employer's) sponsors! What is "benign" about that?

She's a real piece of work.

I love how, commenting on her tweets that got her suspended, she said that she believed she had tweeted "something pretty benign." She called for a boycott of the Dallas Cowboys' (and effectively her own employer's) sponsors! What is "benign" about that?

She's a real piece of work.

Perhaps if her next boss isn't artificially altering his comprehension skills someone could actually hold her to her talent level. I suspect it will be much like a HC losing his AD or GM.

VN Store

Back