ESPN Can't Afford Anything (merged)

Enjoying watching ESPN’s very steep fall. Be glad when another Sports channel pops up and takes the mantle as the Sports Leader, minus all the political propaganda, and ESPN is no more

ESPN is still so far ahead of every other sports station, it will take a really long time for someone to come close to catching them.

Reactions: 2 people
ESPN continues to interject politics into sports not realizing the average ESPN viewer is sick and tired of watching and hearing politics...I’ve not watched an NFL game in two + years now nor will I until they stand.

ESPN continues to interject politics into sports not realizing the average ESPN viewer is sick and tired of watching and hearing politics...I’ve not watched an NFL game in two + years now nor will I until they stand.

All they have to do is look at their facebook comments. The big rigs in charge must be too liberal for their own good. Oh well, they did it to themselves.

This was said here weeks ago and the non believers shrugged it off as another Grumor. It's happening folks

who cares, there's other jobs...there's one should be coming open pretty soon...:question:...:)

GO VOLS!

If ESPN did kill MNF, they would instantly be flush with cash and could afford to make major moves elsewhere. Like if CBS picked up MNF then ESPN could pick up the SEC game of the week and still have enough left over for more NBA games.

If ESPN did kill MNF, they would instantly be flush with cash and could afford to make major moves elsewhere. Like if CBS picked up MNF then ESPN could pick up the SEC game of the week and still have enough left over for more NBA games.

ESPN would have to pay the NFL still.

In fact, ESPN isn't even included in Sling's base package.

Not sure the point you're making here about Sling? The "orange" package is a base package and it includes all the ESPN channels for 20 bucks a month. I added a sports package that gives me the SEC Network plus the NBA channel for an extra 5 bucks/month. My monthly sub is costing 24.99/month for the college football and basketball season.

Reactions: 1 person
Not sure the point you're making here about Sling? The "orange" package is a base package and it includes all the ESPN channels for 20 bucks a month. I added a sports package that gives me the SEC Network plus the NBA channel for an extra 5 bucks/month. My monthly sub is costing 24.99/month for the college football and basketball season.

This is from Wiki (could be wrong), but it shows ESPN has not being included in the base package. They make you buy the "base" plus at least one add on, it sounds like.

Sling TV - Wikipedia

My point is that even the various options that are touted as "cord cutting" aren't truly a la carte, which is what most people seem to want.

This is from Wiki (could be wrong), but it shows ESPN has not being included in the base package. They make you buy the "base" plus at least one add on, it sounds like.

Sling TV - Wikipedia

My point is that even the various options that are touted as "cord cutting" aren't truly a la carte, which is what most people seem to want.

No, no such thing as a true a la carte. When we get to pick every channel and pay on the way out now we're cooking with gas.

The base packages are called Blue and Orange. Orange has 30 stations, it includes all the ESPN channels except the SEC Network. You can order that package all day long, by itself, for 19.99/month.

Maybe they should consider laying off their crappy editors. It blows my mind that when they "move ahead to further action due to time constraints", that they'll cut out a key drive except for the last few plays, yet they'll keep an entire 2-3 minutes of a routine injury or a replay where the call is obvious.

Out curiosity, which team did you pull for and how many of their players are kneeling?

Reactions: 1 person

So because a small percentage of players kneel you refuse to watch any of the NFL, even if no one on your team kneels? And one can't help but notice how funny your second statement is after reading your first.

Probably been mentioned but I don't see why ESPN doesn't just offer a monthly streaming subscription like Netflix, Amazon, etc. It would be easy to recoup some money because of the viewers lost from cord-cutting.

VN Store

Back