espn analysts poking fun at aj mccarron

299att.and 477att.is quite a difference.aj is a caretaker for the ala offense.his numbers are almost the same as last year.he doesn't make alot of mistakes but he hasn't been put in the same sittuation as peyton.still a dumb comparison

299att.and 477att.is quite a difference.aj is a caretaker for the ala offense.his numbers are almost the same as last year.he doesn't make alot of mistakes but he hasn't been put in the same sittuation as peyton.still a dumb comparison

You're missing the point.

If you had a choice between taking AJ with his numbers and his results or taking Manning with his numbers and results, which would you rather have?

no,because he isn't the reason ala is winning.bama's def and running game are the reasons for bamas success.

you are missing the point also.vols fans would never take anything with the bama stench on it.when bama is winning,it always has that same smell.

You never ansewered my Question Bamawriter....

If Aj is so good........why is he listed atleast a 4th round pick?

Bray was on a sucky 5-7 team and he is listed atleast 3rd.?

And you keep tryin to compare him to Manning....Manning was the first pick in the first round.

Why is it that Bray who is on a 5-7 team is a much better draft pick then AJ who has all those NC rings?

You're missing the point.

If you had a choice between taking AJ with his numbers and his results or taking Manning with his numbers and results, which would you rather have?

So, let me get this straight....you are compairing one of the best QB's to ever play the game to a guy with a mom that has to defend him from Eric Ainge? Dude, I know Bammers are stupid but you must be the grand poohbah of them all.

bamawriter keeps talking about McCarron's results as though he is singularly responsible for the success of Alabama football. It makes no sense.

There is no reason to engage bamawriter any further if he refuses to operate in reality.

You never ansewered my Question Bamawriter....

Sorry, I thought I had answered your question.

Bray absolutely has more God-given talent than McCarron. McCarron is smarter and more stable than Bray. It's really a matter of tangibles vs. intangibles.

As far as draft positioning, with Bray likely leaving early and McCarron staying at Bama for 2013, I'd be willing to bet that, barring injury, McCarron goes higher next year than Bray does this year.

Reactions: 2 people
Ok let's do this, put them on a different team and see how they do. Now, who do you take?

I take Manning all day, every day.

You still keep avoiding my question: would you rather have Manning's numbers or McCarron's results?

Maybe it would be less emotional for you if we took the names off. Would you rather have an amazing QB that puts up amazing numbers for 4 years, but only wins one SEC title, or a good, but not great, QB who never sets the world on fire but wins (at least) 1 SEC title, 1 National title, is favored to win a 2nd NC, and has great Vegas odds to do it again next year?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
That INT McCarron threw late in the game at the goal line against A&M sure looked like a choke job to me.

Not really. It was simply the last of four terrible playcalls that had little to no chance of working. It was fourth down and AJ had no choice but to throw into coverage.

Reactions: 1 person
Not really. It was simply the last of four terrible playcalls that had little to no chance of working. It was fourth down and AJ had no choice but to throw into coverage.

ok ok ok.........lets try this

Who is a better WR?

Justin Hunter or CP

or

Cooper

McCarron has never choked. Manning choked several times. Bray has choked in every game he has ever played in.

Solid observations there. Must mean McCarron will be a better NFL QB than Manning. Except for the fact that he will never get more than a handful of NFL starts in his life. The point of the thread stands, they were poking fun at him and rightfully so.

Right now I'd go:

CP
Cooper
Hunter

But Cooper is a true freshman and could very easily pass CP. He's already a better route runner.

No way........Cooper is a good WR and will get even better, but he will never be as good as CP, He cant break tackles or juke anywhere near as good as CP.

If CP was on Alabama this year, instead of Tennessee, and made the same play's.He would of won the Heisman.

No way........Cooper is a good WR and will get even better, but he will never be as good as CP, He cant break tackles or juke anywhere near as good as CP.

If CP was on Alabama this year, instead of Tennessee, and made the same play's.He would of won the Heisman.

You don't have to break tackles if you are faster than everyone else. Again, you are making a judgement about a true freshman. Let's wait for his game to evolve a bit.

VN Store

Back