espn analysts poking fun at aj mccarron

Yep, and if he beats ND he'll have 3 rings.

Did McCarron play a single down in 2009? Sure, he has the ring, but he had no part in that championship run.

I will say that McCarron answered a lot of critics in his performance against LSU. He put the team on his back and won that game; unfortunately, the next week, he gave the game to aTm. One must believe that ND's gameplan is to force McCarron to win the game. If he does, then I think he has proven that he is a winner; if not, then he was simply a great game manager.

Full disclosure: it makes me sick that McCarron only has two 300 yard passing performances and one of those came against UT.

Did McCarron play a single down in 2009? Sure, he has the ring, but he had no part in that championship run.

I will say that McCarron answered a lot of critics in his performance against LSU. He put the team on his back and won that game; unfortunately, the next week, he gave the game to aTm. One must believe that ND's gameplan is to force McCarron to win the game. If he does, then I think he has proven that he is a winner; if not, then he was simply a great game manager.

Full disclosure: it makes me sick that McCarron only has two 300 yard passing performances and one of those came against UT.

Real, he was great in last year's title game. But, you're right that he's rarely asked to be the guy. Still, I'll take his results, stats be damned.

Real, he was great in last year's title game. But, you're right that he's rarely asked to be the guy. Still, I'll take his results, stats be damned.

I would take his wins and his hardware, any day. I doubt he has much of an NFL career ahead of him (just enough to never have to worry about work for the rest of his life); but, the way he manages games, I see him in a coaching booth in the not so distant future.

The reality is that Bama owns the NCAA right now. They have dominated the Viles for seven years. They are dominant. AJ is the top quarterback in college.

Wrestle on that, big boy.

Helen Keller vs Stevie Wonder playing a game of checkers would still be more intelligent than this comment.

Helen Keller vs Stevie Wonder playing a game of checkers would still be more intelligent than this comment.

Yet Lawrence Wright is eating it up.

Maybe he just loved watching the Bammers do the chomp on a crying Tebow so much that he developed a place in his heart for them.

The article you link calls out conflicting reports by two papers. How is that in any way definitive?

You're supposedly a writer. But you are a Bama writer, so it's not surprising.

Read the linked articles. It's quite clear that the Chattanooga report was the one in error. The News-Sentinel report was backed up by multiple sources. The Free-Press was the only one reporting that Gruden turned it down because UT wouldn't pay enough for staff.

Last edited:
Read the linked articles. It's quite clear that the Chattanooga report was the one in error. The News-Sentinel report was backed up by multiple sources. The Free-Press was the only one reporting that Gruden turned it down because UT wouldn't pay enough for staff.

I ride with Hargis. What do multiple sources mean if they're from the same camp (the AD).

I trust what the guy with his name on a building at UT said about Gruden. Ridicule me all you'd like, but the KNS is not the bible of journalism nor are they infallible.

Seriously though, the fact that you swallow that story unequivocally tells me you either a) don't do your homework or b) you have an agenda to insult UT (as you do most of the time here).

I've said what I had to say, and guess what? AJ McCarron is still a game managing avg QB on the most defensively talented teams I've seen in awhile. & isn't that the point of this thread?

I'm sure the NFL owes him a debt of gratitude for not getting their hopes up about his entrance to the draft.

I ride with Hargis. What do multiple sources mean if they're from the same camp (the AD).

Mike Freeman is an NFL reporter for CBS and got his sources from within the league, not the UT AD. Freeman's report matches the KNS.

I trust what the guy with his name on a building at UT said about Gruden. Ridicule me all you'd like, but the KNS is not the bible of journalism nor are they infallible.

Seriously though, the fact that you swallow that story unequivocally tells me you either a) don't do your homework or b) you have an agenda to insult UT (as you do most of the time here).

Fine, you're right. Jon Gruden wanted to come to UT, but Dave Hart thought that Mike Gundy, Charlie Strong, and Butch Jones were all better fits. Gruden wanted a job that Charlie Strong considered to be beneath his current gig in the Big East.

That, or Tennessee was willing to spend 5+ million to get Gruden, but they weren't willing to pony up a few hundred K in order to sign the staff Gruden wanted.

All of that sounds totally plausible.

Mike Freeman is an NFL reporter for CBS and got his sources from within the league, not the UT AD. Freeman's report matches the KNS.

Fine, you're right. Jon Gruden wanted to come to UT, but Dave Hart thought that Mike Gundy, Charlie Strong, and Butch Jones were all better fits. Gruden wanted a job that Charlie Strong considered to be beneath his current gig in the Big East.

That, or Tennessee was willing to spend 5+ million to get Gruden, but they weren't willing to pony up a few hundred K in order to sign the staff Gruden wanted.

Do you honestly think Strong stayed and Lville because he thought "Tennessee was beneath his current job."

So you think Aj is a better qb then Bray?

Last edited:
Do you honestly think Strong stayed and Lville because he thought "Tennessee was beneath his current job."

Hell yes. Y'all need to give up on that loser. Such great expectations, and what a disappointment. Sitting at home during bowl seasons for 2 years. What a flop.He would have never made it under a coach like Saban, poor leadership and immature. His best receivers were Alabama's defensive backs.

First question: no, I was simply responding to Hoss' ridiculous logic.

Second question: absolutely. Bray has a million dollar arm with a 50 cent brain.

First question: no, I was simply responding to Hoss' ridiculous logic.

Second question: absolutely. Bray has a million dollar arm with a 50 cent brain.

75% of everything AJ does is hand the ball off to his RB or throw a dump pass to his RB.

Aj is just a average QB on a great team.

Bray is a great QB on a bad team. (Edit: bad DEFENSE)

Last edited:
75% of everything AJ does is hand the ball off to his RB or throw a dump pass to his RB.

AJ has never had a performance like Bray had against Bama and Vandy. Or UK last year.

Look up the stats "bro". Quarterback efficiency. Look who leads.

Who's going to draft a loser like Bray? Really.

Four national championships. Possible.

No other quarterback in history has four rings.

Count 'em.

Go join the haters on ESPN.

Wahhh you want a little cheese with that whine.

It must be rough for Bama's dick to not be in ESPN's mouth for once.

It is not clear which one was in error.
It is clear that both articles had multiple sources.

It is not clear how close to or far from the sides were to a deal unless you are one of the parties involved. I'm not.

That is nothing but an assumption, just like everything else you've been saying. There are other reasons to turn down a job. Maybe he stayed out of loyalty, or for the lower expectations, or to keep building on what he started. None of those possibilities involve the job he initially accepted being beneath him.

Hell yes. Y'all need to give up on that loser. Such great expectations, and what a disappointment. Sitting at home during bowl seasons for 2 years. What a flop.He would have never made it under a coach like Saban, poor leadership and immature. His best receivers were Alabama's defensive backs.

The bolded part is just your opinion.

Bray being more highly regarded than McCarron by the NFL is a fact.

Tennessee's offense this season would have been very limited under AJ, unless he has skills we haven't seen.

AJ has never had a performance like Bray had against Bama and Vandy. Or UK last year.

That's good. Pick out our worst three games.
It helps that AJ plays on a team that is more talented than all of its opponents. No doubt AJ would put up 300 yards playing for Tennessee against Bama's defense.

VN Store

Back