espn analysts poking fun at aj mccarron

Sounds like you're ready to contribute to the cause? You are gonna love the Butch Jones spread, there's a lot of misdirection there too.

misdirection? Yeah, Alabubba's defense was misdirected when Manziel picked it apart.

Doesn't matter anymore,...there's gonna be 2 Brinks trucks this time with a note saying "Get you munchkin a$$ to Cleveland now" signed by Haslam.

Possibly...worst case for Bama is Saban leaves after only winning two national titles instead of three.

You'd take that hand if you were dealt it.

Bama didn't "luck" into Saban.

They rolled a Brinks truck up to his house and made him an offer he couldn't refuse.

Big difference.

The timing helped a lot.
If Saban had been 11-5 at Miami, I seriously doubt he would have left the NFL to coach in the SEC again. Instead, he had been in the NFL just long enough to consider returning to an easier territory for him.
Some people believe Tennessee rolled a Brinks truck up to Gruden's house, but that didn't make him our coach.

The timing helped a lot.
If Saban had been 11-5 at Miami, I seriously doubt he would have left the NFL to coach in the SEC again. Instead, he had been in the NFL just long enough to consider returning to an easier territory for him.
Some people believe Tennessee rolled a Brinks truck up to Gruden's house, but that didn't make him our coach.

Agree about the timing...if Saban goes 11-5 at Miami, Rich Rod probably takes the Bama job, and there's a very good chance Meyer and UF win the '09 national title.

As far as Gruden goes, the Brinks truck is irrelevant if there's no interest in the job. I fully believe UT's brass reached out to Gruden to gauge his level of interest, only to find out he wasn't interested.

Agree about the timing...if Saban goes 11-5 at Miami, Rich Rod probably takes the Bama job, and there's a very good chance Meyer and UF win the '09 national title.

As far as Gruden goes, the Brinks truck is irrelevant if there's no interest in the job. I fully believe UT's brass reached out to Gruden to gauge his level of interest, only to find out he wasn't interested.

I fully believe you aren't in any position to know an inkling of what happened in the Gruden dealings.

Stick to sucking up to the Bammers ITT.

I fully believe you aren't in any position to know an inkling of what happened in the Gruden dealings.

Stick to sucking up to the Bammers ITT.

And you know differently? I fully believe neither of us were privy to what went down with Gruden...but feel free to attack my opinion.

And you know differently? I fully believe neither of us were privy to what went down with Gruden...but feel free to attack my opinion.

I'm not purporting to know exactly what happened. You are. So yes, I will "attack" that. Your little narrative was pretty specific.

Since you asked though, I feel confident I know some of what happened and you aren't close.

I'm not purporting to know exactly what happened. You are. So yes, I will "attack" that. Your little narrative was pretty specific.

Since you asked though, I feel confident I know some of what happened and you aren't close.

Ultimately we all know what happened...Gruden said he wasn't interested.

How we got to that point, well, clearly you know better than I do...so congrats on all that. :eek:k:

There's enough hypothetical thought there to qualify for the next Star Wars epic.

Any discussion of how a non-Bama QB would do with this year's Bama team involves hypothetical thought.
I don't see what's so difficult about the topic.

Pretty sure that's implied when you turn a job down.

Or maybe you could look at it as "I'm interested, but not interested enough to actually do it."

I say again, when did he come out and say he turned the job down? His agent made some remarks. He said on M&M that the report out of Memphis wasn't true.

I'll wait. :hi:

By the way, none of this excuses the fact that no NFL teams were waiting with bated breath for AJ McCarron to leave the college ranks. Ze-ro.

Tyler Bray has fcked off and obtained a higher draft grade.

I say again, when did he come out and say he turned the job down? His agent made some remarks. He said on M&M that the report out of Memphis wasn't true.

Jon Gruden's agent says coach never had interest in Tennessee job - NCAA Football - Sporting News

This report references several other articles. I'll specifically call your attention to this section (emphasis mine):

the Knoxville News Sentinel reported that the former Super Bowl winning coach had not been given an offer and has told Tennessee he is not interested. Jimmy Hyams of WNML radio in Knoxville confirmed that side of the report, as did CBSSports.com NFL insider Mike Freeman.

The paper’s source reported that Tennessee contacted Gruden last week, but Gruden declined to pursue the job. No financial figures were discussed, the source told the News Sentinel.

So.... If he was interested, and he didn't turn the job down, then UT chose Jones over Gruden?

Hhhmm....

VN Store

Back