Eric Holder stepping down

You're kidding, right? Even if there's nothing I fully expect Fox and the conservative echo chamber to proclaim it as fact that there was something. Worst case scenario for them they just claim he's obviously leaving because of the scandal caused by (choose one) Benghazi/IRS/F&F/Ferguson.

So for sure they are going to claim he's leaving under a cloud, even if its because he wants to spend more time with grandkids or whatever.

I didn't realize Ferguson was a scandal involving the Justice Department. (yet)

I'll accept if it's "wants to play with his grandkids" or whatever. But again, I won't be surprised to see something break (outside of Fox News) in the future involving him, the Justice Department or variations thereof.

Reactions: 1 person
It's a subjective word. The GOP sees "scandal" wherever they want to. Or, more accurately, wherever it suits their purpose to see one.

Gun to Mexico resulting in a dead Border Patrol Agent and countless lives lost in Mexico = scandal

Not assisting in an investigation that could lead to massive corruption in the lead tax agency in the United States = scandal

Wiretaps of news agencies for reporting the news = scandal

Benghazi =/= scandal involving the Justice Department (not really)

Ferguson =/= scandal involving the Justice Department (not really)

Name me one other AG who has been so polarizing in American history. Janet Reno is the only one that comes close and even she wiped her brow after Holder got into office since she was off the hook.

Reactions: 3 people
So for sure they are going to claim he's leaving under a cloud, even if its because he wants to spend more time with grandkids or whatever.

The man has a permanent cloud affixed over his head regardless of when/why he leaves the office. IIRC isn't he the only sitting Cabinet Member ever sanctioned by Congress for contempt?

The man was an overly political/overtly racially activist POS. (And yeah, I'm actually holding back how I really feel)

Reactions: 3 people
The man has a permanent cloud affixed over his head regardless of when/why he leaves the office. IIRC isn't he the only sitting Cabinet Member ever sanctioned by Congress for contempt?

The man was an overly political/overtly racially activist POS. (And yeah, I'm actually holding back how I really feel)

All it did is guarantee that the next GOP Atty General, when there is a Dem controlled House, will also be held in contempt.

Well sure there's a reason, but you seem almost giddy at even the possibility that there's some kind of scandal behind it. The reports say he's been talking about this for months. Doesn't lend itself to the tin foil theories.

I know its boring and no fun for critics if he just leaves. Sorry.

His entire time served in that position has been a scandal.

No need for a new one.

His entire time served in that position has been a scandal.

No need for a new one.

You would think LG's stance on firearm liability would have him calling for Holder's head. He didn't just fall to secure he voluntarily handed the guns to known murderers

All it did is guarantee that the next GOP Atty General, when there is a Dem controlled House, will also be held in contempt.

If whoever that might be is as deserving as Holder then they should be held in contempt. Screw political bias...Holder was/is garbage and anyone, regardless of affiliation, that serves as an analogue should be treated just as harshly. (Well, more harshly actually, as Holder hasn't been treated anywhere nearly as badly as he actually merits.)

VN Store

Back