Electric Vehicles

Based on what I’ve seen the Lariats with ER are slightly above MSRP cap for the tax credit- was that the case?
You can deduct dealer fees like the destination charge and dealer add-ons which put mine just below the limit. (almost like it was in purpose) Best thing now, as of January I think, is you can take the tax credit immediately off the purchase price. The dealer I bought it from told me they didn't have that set up yet so I was truly walking out the door. Needless to say they said they would figure it out and took the $7500 off. Very glad since it had everything I wanted

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
they also make wristband version of the window breakers. one called the "GTFO" wrist strap that even comes with a handcuff key. you use the wristband like snapping a rubberband with the tungsten striker to break the window.

Thats really cool..might get my daughter 1 of those. The handcuff key is hilarious. Wonder if you would catch a charge if a cop went to cuff you and found that thing wrapped around your forearm above the wrist? Resisting? Trying to escape? Maybe 1 of the misdemeanors they can charge anyone at any time like disorderly conduct or public affray?
Going to look at the Lightning this weekend. Prices have dropped a bit and quite a few incentives avaliable.

They seem awesome for working out of with all those 120v outlets etc in the frunk. It even has a drain hole in the bottom of that big chasm so you can rinse it out if it gets muddy greasy etc. Theres lots of cool stuff as long as battery life and mileage etc are OK.

They seem awesome for working out of with all those 120v outlets etc in the frunk. It even has a drain hole in the bottom of that big chasm so you can rinse it out if it gets muddy greasy etc. Theres lots of cool stuff as long as battery life and mileage etc are OK.
It's like a big generator. However I spent several years calling on job sites and I'm not taking this one anywhere near. It's too pretty and I know how you all are with trucks

Range shows as ~320mi and reports on battery life are encouraging. It has a long warranty so we'll see

It's like a big generator. However I spent several years calling on job sites and I'm not taking this one anywhere near. It's too pretty and I know how you all are with trucks

Range shows as ~320mi and reports on battery life are encouraging. It has a long warranty so we'll see

Is the charger figured in the purchase price or is that and installation additional?

A small one is included but I have to pay to get one of the better ones installed. They're not too terribly expensive. Thankfully I have a Tesla station just a couple miles away for now

Did it come with an adapter to use at the tesla superchargers?

A small one is included but I have to pay to get one of the better ones installed. They're not too terribly expensive. Thankfully I have a Tesla station just a couple miles away for now
You should put a diesel generator in the truck's bed and connect it to the charger.

Did it come with the interface to power your home from the truck battery in case of power outage?
Haven't looked at that yet since i already have a transfer switch to hook my generator to. I know the outlets are in the truck but I don't see anything that would hook to the house. I guess I could just plug the fridge directly into the truck if it was a true emergency 😄

Haven't looked at that yet since i already have a transfer switch to hook my generator to. I know the outlets are in the truck but I don't see anything that would hook to the house. I guess I could just plug the fridge directly into the truck if it was a true emergency 😄
I believe there is a device that can back feed from the truck to your home’s electrical system. The inverter might be on the truck to convert it to 240v.

I believe on the vehicles that can source power back to the house it just uses the same connection port of the charger. So your class 2 or whatever that type of charge is if it’s different I think needs to be capable of sinking power.

Edit: here is a link. Bidirectional charging

Last edited:
I believe on the vehicles that can source power back to the house it just uses the same connection port of the charger. So your class 2 or whatever that type of charge is if it’s different I think needs to be capable of sinking power.

Nerd.

PJ, Just connect the pos and neg terminals to your main elec cutoff via jumper cables.

Which should require the compatible charger which could be costly. Will need to verify before they pick one and install. I do have the generator already so not a big deal for me yet

My friend doing the install owns a solar co so likely knows what it needs. I hope
Nerd.

PJ, Just connect the pos and neg terminals to your main elec cutoff via jumper cables.
I may just cut the clamps off and jam them directly into the battery. Skip the middle man

Did it come with the interface to power your home from the truck battery in case of power outage?

I believe there is a device that can back feed from the truck to your home’s electrical system. The inverter might be on the truck to convert it to 240v.
So the truck does come with a home charger that will allow the truck to power the home. It's a post-sale item sent directly from Ford a couple weeks after the purchase is registered which is why I had some confusion. Just have to get an electrician to hook it up correctly.

One of the frustrating things about buying an electric is the time it takes to get your home charging up and running. Then if you don't buy a Tesla then it's even harder since you don't have access to their network (Ford just came online with them this month).

I read this morning that Tesla is giving a free one-month trial of FSD capability to all its US cars. Pretty good move IMO. They are also offering a monthly subscription of $199 as an option to the $12k up front.

I read this morning that Tesla is giving a free one-month trial of FSD capability to all its US cars. Pretty good move IMO. They are also offering a monthly subscription of $199 as an option to the $12k up front.
Have not kept up with all the acronyms. What is FSD?

Like that new Tesla roadster but 200k you are in mcclaren territory or Porsche turbo. Just not sure I would drop 250k on one in that price range. Needs to be closer to 120 to compete with lotus and corvettes and a boxster gts.

Like that new Tesla roadster but 200k you are in mcclaren territory or Porsche turbo. Just not sure I would drop 250k on one in that price range. Needs to be closer to 120 to compete with lotus and corvettes and a boxster gts.
Which of those supercars hit 60 mph in one second and have a top end over 250? (If Elon's claims are accurate)

VN Store

Back