Electric Vehicles

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
In a lake like Old Hickory…. Turbid and not very clear….what do you think about the people that sink their beer cans and bottles. Over the years I’ve seen this done many times

I want to smack them in the head. The lake is silting up pretty bad due to all the of the nearby construction and piss poor E&SC and they want to sink their trash in it? Also need to start regulating (yes I hate that word) residential fertilizer use, algae and aquatic plants have started taking over several coves.

I want to smack them in the head. The lake is silting up pretty bad due to all the of the nearby construction and piss poor E&SC and they want to sink their trash in it? Also need to start regulating (yes I hate that word) residential fertilizer use, algae and aquatic plants have started taking over several coves.
I agree. There’s no telling how many bottles and cans there are in OH. The silting is over the top. The Station Camp creek area just across the highway from Douglas Bend used to have a ski course in it. Now it’s knee deep and full of timber. The very back Spencer Creek is the same way. It’s so silted in it’s hard to kayak into the creek section.

I agree. There’s no telling how many bottles and cans there are in OH. The silting is over the top. The Station Camp creek area just across the highway from Douglas Bend used to have a ski course in it. Now it’s knee deep and full of timber. The very back Spencer Creek is the same way. It’s so silted in it’s hard to kayak into the creek section.

If they ever drained the lake there would probably be enough aluminum in the bottom to build a fleet of 747s.

Did you hear the Corp has (preliminary) awarded a new marina to go in there off of Douglas Bend, it will be where the ramp is up to Foxland. It still has to go through environmental and public input I'm hoping it actually happens this time.

Mitch McConnell's Billionaire sister-in-law Angela Chao Drowned in Sinking Tesla Because its Strengthened Glass Windows Were 'Impossible To Break Or Open' after she reversed into pond​

Mitch McConnell's sister-in-law Angela Chao drowned in her Tesla after the vehicle's strengthened glass was unable to be broken after she reversed into a pond.

Disturbing details have since emerged detailing the frenzied rescue mission to save the 50-year-old.

In a report by the Wall Street Journal, the outlet detail how Chao had drove her Tesla home from an evening with friends when she accidentally put the car in reverse.

Due to the type of strengthened glass used in the Model X's windows and sunroof, attempts to smash into the vehicle proved redundant.

According to testing done by the American Automobile Association, the type of glass used on the vehicle is nearly impossible to break underwater.

As the car dipped below the water line, Chao called a friend in a panic to explain her situation and over the next several hours rescuers tried in vain to rescue her.

Shortly after making her call, one friend jumped into the pond to attempt to rescue her before responders arrived on the scene.

As the car dipped below the water line, Chao called a friend in a panic to explain her situation and over the next several hours rescuers tried in vain to rescue her.

In an incident report obtained by the WSJ, one fire department crew arrived on the scene 24 minutes after getting a call.

1710014932944.png

Mitch McConnell's Billionaire sister-in-law Angela Chao Drowned in Sinking Tesla Because its Strengthened Glass Windows Were 'Impossible To Break Or Open' after she reversed into pond​

Mitch McConnell's sister-in-law Angela Chao drowned in her Tesla after the vehicle's strengthened glass was unable to be broken after she reversed into a pond.

Disturbing details have since emerged detailing the frenzied rescue mission to save the 50-year-old.

In a report by the Wall Street Journal, the outlet detail how Chao had drove her Tesla home from an evening with friends when she accidentally put the car in reverse.

Due to the type of strengthened glass used in the Model X's windows and sunroof, attempts to smash into the vehicle proved redundant.

According to testing done by the American Automobile Association, the type of glass used on the vehicle is nearly impossible to break underwater.

Shortly after making her call, one friend jumped into the pond to attempt to rescue her before responders arrived on the scene.

In an incident report obtained by the WSJ, one fire department crew arrived on the scene 24 minutes after getting a call.

View attachment 625986

Yet another reason to carry the right knife and/or a firearm

In denial….I guess.

The environment is not ok. Man made climate change isn’t the problem that’s going to kill us. That’s just an issue used to try and control the masses. The actual damage of man made climate change can be debated but it’s just not a crisis. In reality trying to prevent MMCC does way more harm than good. If you want an example then look into what off shore wind mills are doing to the population of sea bass.
The actual problem facing humanity is pollution. That problem does massive damage regionally and micro plastic is a problem that has the potential to actually kill us off. “Potentially”. The science is still out on it but it’s worth a conversation. A conversation nobody is interested in having because it’s not a good political tool. Now how does that apply to EV battery production? We do massive damage regionally to produce batteries that do little to nothing to curb the dreaded MMCC and our “leaders” want to mandate it. That’s how government works. Make things worse and brag that they’re saving you.

Right. I do believe that pollution is an issue, as we are creating a massive amount of waste that has to go somewhere, a lot of which is harmful to the ecosystem, and a lot of which is largely the result of convenience/laziness.

I don't really know (none of us do) how much/if at all EVs reduce fossil fuel consumption and pollution. Obviously, the energy has to come from SOMEWHERE. It is only logical that if they are actually more efficient, that wouldn't be a bad thing.

These are both very good posts that I just saw. A common sense approach to conservation is what is needed worldwide...not the fearmongering, attempted shaming, and outright lies that are often foisted on the public.

The theft and self enrichment by politicians and their partners in the name of climate change is what is actually shameful. So is the ignorance of leaders which oppose building and using more nuclear reactors because they dont get kickbacks for the safest and cleanest type of power plant. There is no valid reason or excuse for this country to still be making a large portion of our power from coal in 2024. These mandates to automakers and laws like in CA pertaining to electric cars are 100% balderdash, just like all the grift in the Federal packages for climate change. We dont even have half the nuclear reactors online needed to transition to 100% electric cars in this country...and govt red tape means getting approval and funding to bring even 1 reactor online takes decades. Yet we never hear of any plans to build new power plants or update the grid from our leaders....instead each politician gets pork for their state/donors added into any new legislation to make solar panels nobody can afford, windmills nobody wants on their land etc.

All this failed leadership and doing nothing to address the very real problem of pollution in our waterways and oceans, microplastics as Slice mentioned, poisoning of our drinking water with forever chemicals, pharmaceuticals and hormones...the list is endĺess. Meanwhile the Globalists in the EU and the US want to wreck our economies and personal finances with overregulation and overreacting....while China alone produces more pollution than all of Europe COMBINED and has no intentions or desire to curb their horrible trashing of the oceans or atmosphere. India is right behind them and much the same. The truth in the matter is that each of those countries has almost 5X the population of the US and anything we do to reduce our output of pollution will be negligible as long as they continue without conscience destroying our home planet. Thats not an excuse for the US to pollute or refrain from reducing the damage we cause, but its the stark reality of a situation that is not gonna go away while the leaders in the West pretend it doesnt exist. That reality should also be a factor in any foolish plans made by the Globalists which will greatly harm our countries and citizens financially with policies that will never even "move the needle" on a global scale when it comes to meaningful reduction in actual measurable pollution. The policies and mandates imposed by these Globalist thieves are asinine and myopic at best...downright underhanded and theft in many cases.

another place, the golf course. why the hell do folks through beer cans in the damn woods when you are either in a golf cart, have a golf bag and there is a trash can at every damn tee box

The only thing I leave in the woods at the golf course is golf balls. I've littered several courses with them..

Had I my way, I'd return us to horse and buggy days. At least the byproduct could be used to fertilize the soil for produce growing, and maybe reduce hunger in the country. Beyond that, I'd favor siphoning Jupiter's hydrogen for fuel. But we don't have a hose long enough to reach that far. Hmmm. hog88 excretions does generate methane, so just maybe, maybe. Naw, it stinks.
Biden would shut down the pipe line.

Troubled EV Maker Pausing Production Amid Bankruptcy Speculation​

A struggling electric vehicle (EV) manufacturer is temporarily suspending production as it appears to be preparing for a potential bankruptcy.

Fisker Automotive announced Monday that it is pausing production for six weeks “to align inventory levels and progress strategic and financing initiatives.” The company hired advisers last week to help prepare for a potential bankruptcy, according to The Wall Street Journal.

Fisker filed for bankruptcy in 2013 despite benefitting from a $192 million loan guarantee from the Obama administration, and a Chinese manufacturing group purchased the firm in 2014. The company’s EVs range in price from about $30,000 to as high as $385,000, according to its website.

If they ever drained the lake there would probably be enough aluminum in the bottom to build a fleet of 747s.

Did you hear the Corp has (preliminary) awarded a new marina to go in there off of Douglas Bend, it will be where the ramp is up to Foxland. It still has to go through environmental and public input I'm hoping it actually happens this time.
I’m sure it will considering where it is and who wants it. The boat traffic on OH is already like an LA freeway so why not?

I’m sure it will considering where it is and who wants it. The boat traffic on OH is already like an LA freeway so why not?

That's why I typically head upriver on the weekends, Hidden Cove, Bledsoe Creek area to stay out of the crazy.

doesn't sound like one of those would be enough. figured the fire department would at least have the equivalent. depending on the exact treatment the Tesla windows use they could be more or less immune to a lot of those shock breaking techniques. even one of the reviews in your link says as much.

"But newer models of car, as well as the front and rear windshields, are made from tougher laminated safety glass. A spring-loaded glass breaker will barely even scratch these, but a good hammer can break them, allowing you to get free."

it takes a good bit of force to use those hammers which can be difficult if you are confined in a car and can't get a good swing.

doesn't sound like one of those would be enough. figured the fire department would at least have the equivalent. depending on the exact treatment the Tesla windows use they could be more or less immune to a lot of those shock breaking techniques. even one of the reviews in your link says as much.

"But newer models of car, as well as the front and rear windshields, are made from tougher laminated safety glass. A spring-loaded glass breaker will barely even scratch these, but a good hammer can break them, allowing you to get free."

it takes a good bit of force to use those hammers which can be difficult if you are confined in a car and can't get a good swing.

It takes a serious stroke from a hammer to break them. Have been using a hammer my entire adult life and have hit a car window before without breaking it on the 1st try.

Know what goes thru glass like a hot knife thru butter and is nearly silent? Porcelain. Its what thieves who steal cars, car stereos etc use. Buy a sparkplug from the autoparts store or walmart (the plugs made for lawn mowers have the most porcelain insulation) lay it on the street and hit it with a hammer. A piece of porcelain the size of a cheap glass "catseye" marble will fly right thru even auto glass without even throwing it hard. It makes the same sound a steady rain makes on a street. "Ssssss" Thats why thieves use them, preferably on rainy nights. A guy that i went to junior high with showed the rest of our little pack of heathens how to make and use these in 8th grade. We all thought he was FOS until we tried them. 1 mower spark plug makes enough little stones to break 3 or 4 windows. In contrast, you can wail on the same window with an aluminum baseball bat as hard as you can and just scratch them up.

I dont know if its because of the density of the porcelain, the sharp little edges, vibration? I don't know why it works so well. It absolutely does though because we took out a bunch of windows as kids that day...which I am ashamed of. Just a dumb bunch of bored kids in the summertime. Regardless, if I had any concern about being trapped in my car to slowly drown like that lady recently did in her Tesla right in front of 1st responders...porcelain is what i would keep in my car. No idea if the porcelain that toilets and sinks are sometimes made of would also work...but i have serious doubts because they are hollow and just a thin layer of porcelain on the outside. It might not be thick enough, or made in the same way.

It takes a serious stroke from a hammer to break them. Have been using a hammer my entire adult life and have hit a car window before without breaking it on the 1st try.

Know what goes thru glass like a hot knife thru butter and is nearly silent? Porcelain. Its what thieves who steal cars, car stereos etc use. Buy a sparkplug from the autoparts store or walmart (the plugs made for lawn mowers have the most porcelain insulation) lay it on the street and hit it with a hammer. A piece of porcelain the size of a cheap glass "catseye" marble will fly right thru even auto glass without even throwing it hard. It makes the same sound a steady rain makes on a street. "Ssssss" Thats why thieves use them, preferably on rainy nights. A guy that i went to junior high with showed the rest of our little pack of heathens how to make and use these in 8th grade. We all thought he was FOS until we tried them. 1 mower spark plug makes enough little stones to break 3 or 4 windows. In contrast, you can wail on the same window with an aluminum baseball bat as hard as you can and just scratch them up.

I dont know if its because of the density of the porcelain, the sharp little edges, vibration? I don't know why it works so well. It absolutely does though because we took out a bunch of windows as kids that day...which I am ashamed of. Just a dumb bunch of bored kids in the summertime. Regardless, if I had any concern about being trapped in my car to slowly drown like that lady recently did in her Tesla right in front of 1st responders...porcelain is what i would keep in my car. No idea if the porcelain that toilets and sinks are sometimes made of would also work...but i have serious doubts because they are hollow and just a thin layer of porcelain on the outside. It might not be thick enough, or made in the same way.
There are newer glass panes that are resistant to most of that. not sure on the porcelain, but when my car was broken into they asked if I wanted to upgrade to that better glass that was resistant to all those emergency options. They were saying a lot of thieves just use the emergency stuff themselves. they are relatively cheap, and if caught with one you generally don't have to explain it too much.

it cost 4x as much, and it would have only been one window, so I said no.

they also make wristband version of the window breakers. one called the "GTFO" wrist strap that even comes with a handcuff key. you use the wristband like snapping a rubberband with the tungsten striker to break the window.

VN Store

Back