East Tennessee Weather II

Interstate shutdown here in Campbell. Total of 11 crashes between MM 132-134
Crashes this evening just trying to get out of my neighborhood…2. And I couldn’t make it out either or even turn around to go home. I slid/backed down and got as close to my house as I could. Way worse than 2 nights ago.

Where are y'all? Is the west knox area supposed to get that bad tonight? Streets don't look bad right now

Where are y'all? Is the west knox area supposed to get that bad tonight? Streets don't look bad right now

Lots of ice everywhere that you can't see. Very slick outside now. Cedar Bluff area. Hearing most of Knoxville and surrounding is like this. It was raining with ice for a few hours.

Last edited:
Hoping it gets better today I have to be up there at 7 in the morning trying to figure out how much extra time to give myself normally a 2 hour drive.

A truck tried to go up my hill, but one they ran into the ice patch and couldn't get through it, they had to back up down the hill to get back onto the main highway. It's crazy how long the impacts of these systems have lasted.

The 15 day forecast shows weather well in the 50's all the way until the 21st.

Is the cold already over?
No. Just like you can't expect snow to 100% occur 15 days out, temperature is the same thing. The 15 day forecast is simply showing a model run of temperatures, which can easily change with the next runs.

Big snow in the forecast?
Must be since the school board just changed the school calendar to “bank 2 more inclement weather days” just in case. Now the kids have school in President’s Day because of something that hasn’t happened. Sure it’s possible kids miss another day of school but it’s unlikely, unless they start calling school for wind again.

Must be since the school board just changed the school calendar to “bank 2 more inclement weather days” just in case. Now the kids have school in President’s Day because of something that hasn’t happened. Sure it’s possible kids miss another day of school but it’s unlikely, unless they start calling school for wind again.
That’s idiotic.

What about people who already made plans for the long weekend that’s been on the calendar for months? Are they just supposed to drop everything because the school board decided at the last minute to have school that day? And what if there isn’t any more inclement weather? Is school just going to end a couple days early?

It just seems like they would cross that bridge if/when the time comes. I remember a few times when I was a kid we had to make up a few days at the end of the year, but they definitely never preemptively forced us into school on holidays.

Reactions: hUTch2002
That’s idiotic.

What about people who already made plans for the long weekend that’s been on the calendar for months? Are they just supposed to drop everything because the school board decided at the last minute to have school that day? And what if there isn’t any more inclement weather? Is school just going to end a couple days early?

It just seems like they would cross that bridge if/when the time comes. I remember a few times when I was a kid we had to make up a few days at the end of the year, but they definitely never preemptively forced us into school on holidays.
I’m with you. There are a lot of questionable decisions that come from Knox Co though so not surprising.

Obviously it's not 100% of the time, but when the SPC issues areas of concern for severe weather beyond day 3, there is usually a pretty good chance to see hard hitting severe storms.
Correct. They issued an area that included us yesterday. That's 5 days out. From what I can tell, it looks like we could see all hazard categories possible.

Reactions: headhunter15

VN Store

Back