East Tennessee Weather II

This is a snow I’ll remember for the rest of my life. It’s the most snow I’ve ever seen at 8+ inches. I’m 32, so I do not remember the Blizzard of 93.
This is the 4th 8-inch snow I’ve seen. 2 here in East TN (‘93 and ‘96) and one in the Atlanta area back in the early to mid 80s. They’re rare. Funny enough we would’ve gotten 10+ if the last 2-3 hours didn’t convert to freezing rain and sleet. It looks like snow in the radar but it’s not anymore in West Knoxville.

Reactions: headhunter15
So we ended up with 8” in Hardin Valley. The conversion to freezing rain and sleet the last few hours stopped us from hitting 10. This was far more than I expected though so I’m tickled, apologies to those who do have to work outside, or even have to get out in it. Please stay safe!

What did other areas get? Did anyone get more than 8?

So we ended up with 8” in Hardin Valley. The conversion to freezing rain and sleet the last few hours stopped us from hitting 10. This was far more than I expected though so I’m tickled, apologies to those who do have to work outside, or even have to get out in it. Please stay safe!

What did other areas get? Did anyone get more than 8?
We ended up about the same in Halls. I’m looking at probably 8-9” in my back yard. I’ve not ventured out on the roads but I have heard zero traffic

Got about 8.5 in Oak Ridge. It is the most I've ever seen in my 30 years of living, at least from what I can remember. I was too young to remember 96 and I was born 8 months after the blizzard of 93.

Reactions: hUTch2002
Also, a good explanation of why we saw the wintry mix near the lower elevation foothills by the mountains and in southeast Tennessee.

Reactions: cardvolfan
Alert!!!

There is a wind chill advisory for all of East TN for this evening until noon tomorrow. Wind chills could be as low as -15 degrees, especially for the areas with the bigger snowpack. If you have to go out, please be dressed extremely warm, as winds chills this low can cause hypothermia in just 30 minutes.

Alert!!!

There is a wind chill advisory for all of East TN for this evening until noon tomorrow. Wind chills could be as low as -15 degrees, especially for the areas with the bigger snowpack. If you have to go out, please be dressed extremely warm, as winds chills this low can cause hypothermia in just 30 minutes.
Yikes. Hello dead plants. :(

Also, a good explanation of why we saw the wintry mix near the lower elevation foothills by the mountains and in southeast Tennessee.

That shallow layer of warm air apparently hit my area around 9:30-10 last night or we definitely would’ve been 10+ inches. Oh well, guess I’ll just have to settle for 8. Ha!

Reactions: MetVol

VN Store

Back