EA College Football, 2024 (PS5/XSX)

Can’t wait to see the VOLS on the stadium. I think the party deck screen will look pretty good too.

06 was very good. I think 14 was pretty solid as well. I think 14 was way beyond 09.
The spread option offense was really innovative. I’ll give them that.

But recruiting in 14 was dumbed down to an insane level compared to years prior. FCS schools were removed after PS2 era and we never got them back. NCAA Infractions were completely done away with in dynasty. Road to glory was basic compared to race for the heisman imo, but I can see disagreement since the 06 version didn’t have high school ball.

It’s personal preference in some ways, but it’s undeniable that every EA Sports franchise has removed features over the years rather than add them.

I think you’d be shocked just how much content the PS2 games had compared to the “next gen” experiences EA offers today. It’s laughable how much they’ve cut corners.

Reactions: UTwild82
The spread option offense was really innovative. I’ll give them that.

But recruiting in 14 was dumbed down to an insane level compared to years prior. FCS schools were removed after PS2 era and we never got them back. NCAA Infractions were completely done away with in dynasty. Road to glory was basic compared to race for the heisman imo, but I can see disagreement since the 06 version didn’t have high school ball.

It’s personal preference in some ways, but it’s undeniable that every EA Sports franchise has removed features over the years rather than add them.

I think you’d be shocked just how much content the PS2 games had compared to the “next gen” experiences EA offers today. It’s laughable how much they’ve cut corners.
I think like you said, a lot is based on personal opinion . I’ve never really been one to explore the game that much. I only do exhibition games and dynasty, and for a short time an online dynasty. I really didn’t mind that the NCAA infractions stuff was removed bc it seemed like it was always random stuff that didn’t seem real to me. I did like having a spring practice where it helped w/ player development. I have heard that they might bring on FCS teams and HSBC schools through a purchase (of course), but I only typically like playing w/ Tennessee. I’ve done a dynasty w/ Duke and Buffalo, but I just enjoy playing w/ the Vols and making the schedule as difficult as possible.

Video says college basketball games are likely never coming back because there’s no money in it.

Also says experts are hoping NCAA sells 30-40% of what Madden does. Anything less would be troubling for the future.

Video says college basketball games are likely never coming back because there’s no money in it.

Also says experts are hoping NCAA sells 30-40% of what Madden does. Anything less would be troubling for the future.

I have to think it does way better than that...especially with the decade-long hiatus

Sucks to hear about the basketball games more or less not coming back,but if they don't sale, it makes sense. Oh well, we'll see how things go with college football.

VN Store

Back