Dune: Part Two

For me, I've always been a fan of less named actors playing in certain type movies. For example, if tom cruise played Paul or his father, he would distract from the story (at least i feel he would).

I haven't seen many of zendaya's(sp) works, but enough to be annoyed by her
I can see some of what you mean here...putting a big name in a role just for the sake of their being famous doesn't always make for the best fit. Of course the counter argument is they might be famous precisely because they're very good actors (not always the case) and the billing makes for an audience draw. As cynical as it may be let's not pretend making big budget films isn't about bringing in the dollars.

It's all good. In any artistic endeavor the odds of everyone liking everything about it are basically nil.

One has nothing to do with other. I thought she sucked in the movie. If i was a casting direct, who saw actresses on a daily basis, im sure i could have picked any other female to fill that roll. You could have some b-list or new female actress playing that roll and would have been better.

You said you heard it was good late last night. Now you've seen it and she sucked?

Dude hates everything and needs to tell you about it

I haven’t seen the Dune movies. I mostly know her from the Spidey movies and she played that role wel, not that it was asking much of her. I did watch the first season of Euphoria and thought she was great in that. Completely contrasting role from Spider-Man.

I haven’t seen the Dune movies. I mostly know her from the Spidey movies and she played that role wel, not that it was asking much of her. I did watch the first season of Euphoria and thought she was great in that. Completely contrasting role from Spider-Man.

There is literally nothing wrong with casting her in this role. Zendaya is a popular personality but her casting doesn't take me out of it. I think I've only seen her in like 3 things (Euphoria, Spiderman, Greatest Showman).

Edit: I don't even remember that she was in The OA, but it's in her IMDb credits.

Reactions: Pennheel
For me, I've always been a fan of less named actors playing in certain type movies. For example, if tom cruise played Paul or his father, he would distract from the story (at least i feel he would). If you get a good actor that can play that part of the story well, thats all you need

Tom Cruise is the biggest movie star ever and is about 35 years too old to play Paul. No idea why you put Zendaya on that level. Has she ever even had a lead role in a big movie?

There is literally nothing wrong with casting her in this role. Zendaya is a popular personality but her casting doesn't take me out of it. I think I've only seen her in like 3 things (Euphoria, Spiderman, Greatest Showman).

Edit: I don't even remember that she was in The OA, but it's in her IMDb credits.
Forgot about Greatest Showman. She was good in that too.

For me, I've always been a fan of less named actors playing in certain type movies. For example, if tom cruise played Paul or his father, he would distract from the story (at least i feel he would). If you get a good actor that can play that part of the story well, thats all you need

Christopher Lloyd would have killed it as Paul.

LULZ
I doubt that MJF could gain that much weight.
Its just a big fat suit. And the whole flying thing would make way more sense.

Actually..I have a copy of Dune somewhere. I probably should read it instead of going off the movie.

Tom Cruise is the biggest movie star ever and is about 35 years too old to play Paul. No idea why you put Zendaya on that level. Has she ever even had a lead role in a big movie?

i'm not putting zendaya on the level of tom cruise. i'm pointing out the fact that zendaya is a crap actress.

You said you heard it was good late last night. Now you've seen it and she sucked?
i haven't seen dune 2, i saw the 1st one. she has the acting range of a log. so seeing her in dune 2 will be the same as dune 1. Other than her, i know dune 1 was good and i'm looking forward to seeing dune 2.

i haven't seen dune 2, i saw the 1st one. she has the acting range of a log. so seeing her in dune 2 will be the same as dune 1. Other than her, i know dune 1 was good and i'm looking forward to seeing dune 2.
She is in Dune 1 for like 30 seconds.

Saw it today. Excellent. A must see on the big screen. I haven't read the books, but I did see the early 80s movie ( which I like too). A few differences for the better imo.

Great cinematic feat but what really blew me away was the score and sound design. Zimmer was next level and just the way they use sound, the different tongues, the voice, everything. I could have just watched a whole movie about the arena on Giedi Prime.

Looking forward to seeing this one. Rented the first one again last night and the appreciation grew for how well made it is.

And referring to some earlier comments I made about the actor playing Paul. @hndog609, you were right. I re-read Dune after our conversation and it changed the way I saw him. Thank you for that.

Reactions: hndog609
This is one of the best movies I have ever seen... visuals, acting, soundtrack, story, everything.

Saw it on Imax and there were so many times I was just grinning at the awesomeness. Movies rarely have that effect on me anymore. Need to go see in Dolby Atmos now.

Reactions: GroverCleveland
A little late to the party,but I just got back from seeing it. I was beyond impressed. Even more than I was for the remake of the first movie. Also,Stilgar is such a great character. My favorite of the Dune Universe.

Reactions: n_huffhines

VN Store

Back