Dune: Part Two

I'm excited about this one. The first one was one of those rare instances where I enjoyed the remake better than the original.

I like the original but not because it's Dune - it's just so David Lynch.

This series is as close to the book as one could reasonably get. Plus it's beautifully shot. So this is definitely a better Dune movie but I'll probably watch the Lynch one more times.

I like the original but not because it's Dune - it's just so David Lynch.

This series is as close to the book as one could reasonably get. Plus it's beautifully shot. So this is definitely a better Dune movie but I'll probably watch the Lynch one more times.

As in most cases if you read the books first, particularly something as sweeping and immersive as Dune, it can be a little to easy to take shots at a movie. Having said that in Lynch's film I simply hated them just inventing a sonic weapon that, IIRC, you said Muad'Dib into just right and it starts blasting things apart.

Like the way this stays along with the book. Only thing that is mildly annoying is the actor playing Paul's appearance is that of the quintessential 90lb weakling. Looks like a boy, not a young man.

Like the way this stays along with the book. Only thing that is mildly annoying is the actor playing Paul's appearance is that of the quintessential 90lb weakling. Looks like a boy, not a young man.

In the source material I believe Paul is supposed to be 15-16.

Perhaps but the character is still quite young and in fact was described in the books as being slight of build even for his age.
Hmmm. It has been a few years since the last time I read it and have let the David Lynch version with Kyle McLachlan color expectation.

Still like this new one much better overall. Thanks, I will keep this in mind when watching this latest.

Reactions: hndog609
Getting great reviews with 96% on rotten tomatoes. Looking forward to see it next week in imax

I'm so pumped for this movie. For 2023 I made a commitment to read the entire series in order. I'm just now on the original "Dune" book by Frank. Everything about the movie makes more sense now when you know the entire history of the world here.

Reactions: LouderVol
I heard it's great... even despite haing zendaya in the movie. Of all the actresses to pick from and the pick her. She must have a lot of dirt on hollywood

I heard it's great... even despite haing zendaya in the movie. Of all the actresses to pick from and the pick her. She must have a lot of dirt on hollywood
Do I even want to know why you hate Zendaya? 🤦‍♂️

I find it odd you'd have such a strong opinion to state one way and a complete unwillingness to offer any alternative(s) but so be it.

One has nothing to do with other. I thought she sucked in the movie. If i was a casting direct, who saw actresses on a daily basis, im sure i could have picked any other female to fill that roll. You could have some b-list or new female actress playing that roll and would have been better.

One has nothing to do with other. I thought she sucked in the movie. If i was a casting direct, who saw actresses on a daily basis, im sure i could have picked any other female to fill that roll. You could have some b-list or new female actress playing that roll and would have been better.
No worries. Most people look at a role they think isn't portrayed well (much less as strongly as you do here) and have at least SOME inclination to consider something along the lines of "X would have been a much better fit.".

No worries. Most people look at a role they think isn't portrayed well (much less as strongly as you do here) and have at least SOME inclination to consider something along the lines of "X would have been a much better fit.".

For me, I've always been a fan of less named actors playing in certain type movies. For example, if tom cruise played Paul or his father, he would distract from the story (at least i feel he would). If you get a good actor that can play that part of the story well, thats all you need

I haven't seen many of zendaya's(sp) works, but enough to be annoyed by her

VN Store

Back