Drae Bowles

Geraldo Orta, had told Williams that the football team had “a hit” out on Drae Bowles.

In his interviews with police, UT football player Geraldo Orta stated that he felt Bowles had betrayed the team and that where he (Orta) came from, people got shot for doing what Bowles did.

I don't know how anyone can defend statements like this.

Snitches get stitches lol

Reactions: 2 people
This isn't simply fighting a teammate. It is clearly intimidation of a person doing what he believes to be right. That's not life, that's illegal

He left and took care of it. He was going to feel pressure regardless. You live in a imaginary world. He was at ut, turning in his teammates, and you think he should have greeted with lemonade. Young men were involved and emotions were high. You're an idiot if you thought things were not going to be said.

Reactions: 1 person
"if you don't shut up my friends and I will come after you "

Now, no one has been physically assaulted yet it was enough to make him leave campus.

And let's drop the childish cries of racism please

First, please provide the source for your quote above. Surely you would not make something up and put it in quotes to represent a conversation you have no direct knowledge of.

Back to my original point:

The fact that it is clear you have already fully litigated this trial in your head with very little evidence to show for it other than flawed syllogistic logic, i.e. Bowles left UT therefore he must have been assaulted, is actually a proof that there is a great danger posed to a defendant receiving a fair trial in cases that are being litigated in the media.

I only want justice to done to the letter of the law. If the accused are guilty, then let the punishment follow.

Reactions: 8 people
Geraldo Orta, had told Williams that the football team had “a hit” out on Drae Bowles.

In his interviews with police, UT football player Geraldo Orta stated that he felt Bowles had betrayed the team and that where he (Orta) came from, people got shot for doing what Bowles did.

I don't know how anyone can defend statements like this.
You have never said things before in anger? Hard to differentiate between anger and truth. If he said that in an interview, I feel its only words. Because who would tell that to authority figure?

He left and took care of it. He was going to feel pressure regardless. You live in a imaginary world. He was at ut, turning in his teammates, and you think he should have greeted with lemonade. Young men were involved and emotions were high. You're an idiot if you thought things were not going to be said.
He was a witness and was likely being threatened. You think that's how life should work and I'm the idiot?

His teammates were also sneaking around with his girl behind his back. They sure sound like stand up guys

Reactions: 15 people
I recall that he was out for a few days immediately after all that went down. There were so many rumors floating around. One that the girl accusing AJ was Drae's girlfriend. Drae found out about her and AJ hooking up and so she told him that AJ was forceful and Drae reported it. Then, the team confronted him about it. Never heard anything about an assault on Drae though. I don't know if it was ever confirmed if the girl was Drae's girlfriend either. Still crazy to me how her name hasn't been released. He has now missed 2 possible NFL seasons and very valuable training...if innocent of course. If not, he deserves every second of this.
Because they don't release the names of sexual assault victims, to keep folks like you from contacting her with your $.02

Reactions: 8 people
First, please provide the source for your quote above. Surely you would not make something up and put it in quotes to represent a conversation you have no direct knowledge of.

Back to my original point:

The fact that it is clear you have already fully litigated this trial in your head with very little evidence to show for it other than flawed syllogistic logic, i.e. Bowles left UT therefore he must have been assaulted, is actually a proof that there is a great danger posed to a defendant receiving a fair trial in cases that are being litigated in the media.

I only want justice to done to the letter of the law. If the accused are guilty, then let the punishment follow.

It was an example of how a verbal threat can cross into physical. I've never claimed anything that's not readily available. I'm also not on trial or a witness here.

You're so interested in the "letter of the law" that you've included laws that have no relevance to the case. Well done

It's not a violation if the delay is being requested by the defense

Often the defense will request disclosures or evidence to be considered which will put them on equal footing to the prosecution.

If prosecution does not agree and there must be further adjudication from the judge. That delays things but it does not mean the defense would not like an expedient trial. Fairness necessarily trumps speed.

One thing the prosecution does not want the jury to hear in these cases? The results of a polygraph test taken shortly after the incident by one of the defendants. The defendant passed the polygraph. We don't know anything about the questions asked other that the fact that the defendant wants the jury to hear it.

The prosecution successfully got the polygraph thrown out. The jury will never hear that evidence, nor will they know it exists.

Last edited:
He was a witness and was likely being threatened. You think that's how life should work and I'm the idiot?

His teammates were also sneaking around with his girl behind his back. They sure sound like stand up guys

Yes if you think if doesnt happen. My point, hard to sue a school for that. Dont know if im slamming a hammer on kids who prolly dont know that by yelling at a kid is illegal. Prolly going to either inform them or let it ride and assume it will take care of itself.

Last edited:
It was an example of how a verbal threat can cross into physical. I've never claimed anything that's not readily available. I'm also not on trial or a witness here.

You're so interested in the "letter of the law" that you've included laws that have no relevance to the case. Well done

From reading your posts above, I can affirm two things:

1) I am certainly not willing to say that you have any particular credibility or special knowledge, legal or otherwise, with regards to the case being discussed.

2) I do not believe you are remotely qualified to tell anyone which laws are, or are not, relevant to the case.

Reactions: 12 people
Polygraphs are not reliable. If the person telling a lie really believes their lie then they can pass it and there are ways to "defeat" polygraphs as well. That's why courts usually do not allow them.

From reading your posts above, I can affirm two things:

1) I am certainly not willing to say that you have any particular credibility or special knowledge, legal or otherwise, with regards to the case being discussed.

2) I do not believe you are remotely qualified to tell anyone which laws are, or are not, relevant to the case.

Sounds like we're in the same boat. Did you attend UF law?

this part of the story was left out in OPs original post.

"Bowles testified before the grand jury that led to the indictments of Johnson and Williams. He told the News Sentinel in an interview on Feb. 13, 2015, that he had given the alleged victim a ride home from the party at which the rape allegedly occurred, but that she did not mention that she had been raped. He also denied rumors that he had been assaulted.

Bowles missed several practices the week of the alleged rape. Then-Tennessee spokesman Jimmy Stanton said at the time that Bowles missed practices for academic reasons, and Bowles said the same in the February interview. Bowles said he had decided to transfer early in the season."

The media gets to decide which parts make the best story.

Reactions: 7 people
I didn't say that but I did say it's illegal (which is true). Anything else is simply irrelevant and that includes the ignorant "that's life" comments

I teach my kid thats life all the time. If you dont think life is hard as crap then you are a participant trophy kinda guy. I didnt say it was right, I said thats life. Kid gets to learn a real lesson but if he wins he may get some money for his troubles.

I feel little sorrow for many. He chose a tough road by following his dping whats right meter. He weighed his options when he chose this path.

Neither Orta or Maggit "jumped" him. The assault was purely verbal.

Let's stop going from cheering our players to calling them thugs in 2 seconds flat.

Sorry, you don't get the moral high ground while you're being a knee-jerk racist.

Isn't calling someone a racist a little bit of a knee-jerk reaction there skippy?

Reactions: 3 people
I teach my kid thats life all the time. If you dont think life is hard as crap then you are a participant trophy kinda guy. I didnt say it was right, I said thats life. Kid gets to learn a real lesson but if he wins he may get some money for his troubles..

Sadly too many go the way you've described. It's the easy route (and ironic for someone throwing out the trite "participation trophy" line)

Sadly too many go the way you've described. It's the easy route (and ironic for someone throwing out the trite "participation trophy" line)

Teaching my son that people can be cruel and that good doesn't win all the time is easy. Yeah that's spoken from someone who has lived an easier life. If a person chooses a path, I assume they weighed options. If not his parents did not tell him that he should prepare and that's on them.

I dont feel people raise their children like me and thats ok. I dont judge them, but my kids will know life is hard.

Reactions: 4 people
Polygraphs are not reliable. If the person telling a lie really believes their lie then they can pass it and there are ways to "defeat" polygraphs as well. That's why courts usually do not allow them.

Laws on this vary state to state. Personally, I think they are merely a way for police to create a situation where they are more likely to receive honest testimony. The intelligence community will use them in this way too. The relevant information would be the interview conducted when the polygraph was given, but there is no way to include that without making the jury aware of the polygraph results.

However, if a defendant does not want to take a polygraph, the prosecution will often make sure the jury knows that fact.

Teaching my son that people can be cruel and that good doesn't win all the time is easy. Yeah that's spoken from someone who has lived an easier life. If a person chooses a path, I assume they weighed options. If not his parents did not tell him that he should prepare and that's on them.

I dont feel people raise their children like me and thats ok. I dont judge them, but my kids will know life is hard.

Instead of saying that's life maybe you could just say that's wrong and here's why. But hey, they're football players so they're different. That's a good lesson too

Instead of saying that's life maybe you could just say that's wrong and here's why. But hey, they're football players so they're different

No. You say what you want. Ill say what I want. Thanks though. Hell man it happens everyday in all kinds of siches. I never confined anything to a damn lockeroom. I said it happens everywhere.

No. You say what you want. Ill say what I want. Thanks though. Hell man it happens everyday in all kinds of siches. I never confined anything to a damn lockeroom. I said it happens everywhere.

Sure, the mob is famous for it. That's life

VN Store

Back