Dr Who

I was thinking that looked sorta like Jon Pertwee (3rd Doctor)...but as I kept trying to find a full-body picture of him, I remembered that William Hartnell (1st Doctor) had that airline uniform thing going on. Now I think it sorta looks like a mash between them both.

This article sorta sums up that assumption:

Doctor Who: Why Peter Capaldi's 12th Doctor might be a lot like Malcolm Tucker after all | Radio Times

Add a ruffled shirt or a bow tie and skycap and you’ve got yourself an old man working out his mid-lives crisis.

Doctor Who Filming Series 8 - The Doctor and Clara
SPOILERS! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

Cardiff City Centre (Queens Street)
Peter Capaldi
Jenna Coleman

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Co9XRMBRj4[/youtube]

Got into doctor who the middle of last year and just got around to finishing series 6 (last available on netflix) any idea where I can watch series 7?

Me and the wife are about to finish up the David Tennant run. She hated it at first, but now she's the one wanting to watch every night. I'm not sure how she'll like Matt Smith, because she's a huge Tennant fan (who isn't?). Excited to see what Capaldi brings to the role.

Got into doctor who the middle of last year and just got around to finishing series 6 (last available on netflix) any idea where I can watch series 7?

Series 7 will likely drop on Netflix right before 8 premiers, that's how these things usually go.

It's on Amazon right now: Amazon.com: Doctor Who: The Complete Seventh Series: Matt Smith, Jenna-Louise Coleman, Karen Gillan, Arthur Darvill, Alex Kingston: Movies & TV

You can also find it using less-than-strictly-legal means...

Never really cared for when they add a male companion such as Rory or Mickey Smith from a couple of seasons ago.

New male companion confirmed for 'Doctor Who' Series 8

New male companion confirmed for 'Doctor Who' Series 8

The BBC has announced that Samuel Anderson (Emmerdale) will join the cast of Doctor Who as a recurring character in Series 8.

The actor will play Danny Pink, a teacher at Coal Hill School where companion Clara Oswald (Jenna Coleman) also teaches.

Anderson commented: "I was so excited to join Doctor Who I wanted to jump and click my heels, but I was scared I might not come down before filming started! It’s a quintessential part of British culture and I can’t believe I’m part of it. It’s an honour to be able to work alongside Peter Capaldi and Jenna Coleman and I can’t wait to show people how my character becomes involved with such a fantastic duo!"

Steven Moffat added: "For the fourth time in Doctor Who history, Coal Hill School is coming to the aid of the TARDIS. In 1963 teachers Ian Chesterton and Barbara Wright accompanied the First Doctor. These days it’s the turn of Jenna Coleman as Clara Oswald. And very soon now, Sam Anderson as Danny Pink will be entering the world of the Doctor. But how and why? Answers are coming later this year in Peter Capaldi’s first series of Doctor Who!"

Anderson starred as Crowther in The History Boys, alongside Doctor Who guest stars Russell Tovey ('Voyage of the Damned') and James Corden ('The Lodger', 'Closing Time'). His other roles include guest parts in Death in Paradise, Gavin & Stacey, Midsomer Murders and Bedlam.

Still don't have an exact date but the Doctor will return in August!
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YB2O9JBbzo4[/youtube]

I am a huge fan of this show, classic series and new series. I was just wondering how many on here are fans of classic and new or just fans of the new series?

Peter Capaldi will be a great Doctor, He's such a good actor.

I am a huge fan of this show, classic series and new series. I was just wondering how many on here are fans of classic and new or just fans of the new series?

Peter Capaldi will be a great Doctor, He's such a good actor.

I'm not really into the classic episodes, truth be told. Me and the wife were into the new series, especially the David Tennant seasons, but kind of stopped watching after Matt Smith took over. I'm trying to get her to at least finish up to the current season.

Doctor Who
Official Trailer for Season Eight!

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6Yh0oBoKso[/youtube]

So when actors sign on to play the Doctor I guess they have an understanding its only for a season or two?

Doctor Who
Official Trailer for Season Eight!

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6Yh0oBoKso[/youtube]

I'm not sold on that preview. He seems serious and dark.

So when actors sign on to play the Doctor I guess they have an understanding its only for a season or two?

The last two doctors had 4 year stints I believe, but yes it seems to be a limited deal.

I'm not sold on that preview. He seems serious and dark.

Each time The Doctor regenerates he changes his appearance and personality but still is the same person. This isn't the first time The Doctor has shown a darker side.

The last two doctors had 4 year stints I believe, but yes it seems to be a limited deal.

There's no limit.

Is it ever explained why Earth is so important?

Not wanting details. Just curious if the topic is ever addressed.

Because the audience lives there. :thumbsup:

That's the obvious answer. I was wondering if they ever gave a logical reason within the context of the show.

For instance, DC comics has stated that Earth is so important because it is the center of the Multiverse and that is why it attracts alien invasions and such.

I'm really excited for the new season of Doctor Who. I really like the direction that they're going with. Peter Capaldi is going to be a great Doctor.

That's the obvious answer. I was wondering if they ever gave a logical reason within the context of the show.

For instance, DC comics has stated that Earth is so important because it is the center of the Multiverse and that is why it attracts alien invasions and such.

I think it's just more relatable to the audience and probably more convenient for the writers. It's easier to have the Doctor save Earth half the season rather than have him protecting different planets and galaxies that all require new, crazy names every week.

VN Store

Back