Dr Who

I HATED Matt Smith. I thought he was boring, ugly, over the top and a terrible successor to Tennant. Hopefully they get someone decent in next.

Along with Damian Lewis (Homeland, Band of Brothers)

Some of the more realistic names that are coming out as the possible 12th Doctor.....

Ben Daniels (Doom, Jack The Giant Slayer)
Daniels is thought to be the front runner despite his age (48).
Rupert Grint (Harry Potter Franchise, Into the White)
Russell Tovey (BBC Being Human)
Rory Kinnear (Quantum of Solace, Skyfall)

I've only seen a couple of the Harry Potter films but I like the idea of Grint I think he could easily pull off the Doctor!

If only they would've replaced Tennant with Benedict Cumberbatch....but now he is an A-lister.

Reactions: 2 people
Matt Smith was finally starting to grow on me. After Tennant finished up I was not enthralled, but kept watching mostly for Karen Gillian. Eventually, I started warming up to Smith's super quirks. Still a season behind as I just wait for Netflix to update and have a Doctor Who marathon week once a year.

I'm in season 4 and I can't figure out WTF Donna Noble got more than 1 episode. It's like their goal in casting was to find somebody who was boring and unattractive.

I'm in season 4 and I can't figure out WTF Donna Noble got more than 1 episode. It's like their goal in casting was to find somebody who was boring and unattractive.

I agree I wasn't really a Donna fan. However the later episodes with her get better. I liked her grandpa though.

Martha Jones ruled.

Anyone see this?
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMZa8RMty9M[/youtube]

Reactions: 2 people
One of the saddest most gut wrenching deaths in Television

Honorable Mention: The 10th Doctor – Doctor Who

"He didn’t really die, but David Tennant’s Doctor, the tenth Doctor, broke our hearts when he departed due to both his exit and what ultimately wound up being the end of an era. See, we weren’t just saying goodbye to David Tennant and the 10th Doctor, we said goodbye to his world. No Martha Jones, no Mickey, or Captain Jack, at least not yet. Certainly no Sarah Jane or Rose Tyler."

"I’m sure Donna is out there somewhere, but we won’t likely see her pop up on Steven Moffat’s show either. These were (with the exception of Sarah Jane) the Davies’ creations, and in the time of Moffat, they have also become a memory, a memory that has been buried by his creations. I suppose that’s fine, I suppose that’s the way things work, but in hindsight, when I watch “The End of Time”, I know to mourn the entire loss. And when I hear David Tennant say “I don’t want to go” with tears welling up in his eyes as the TARDIS breaks apart around him, I can’t help but feel a punch to the gut because I know, now more than ever, that the regenerated Time Lord and the regenerated series that follow still don’t feel like the same character or the same show."

The Top 10 Saddest, Most Gut Wrenching Deaths in Nerdy Television | nerdbastards.com

Reactions: 1 person
Seriously! :eek:hmy: Peter Capaldi was in World War Z and according to IMDB's WWZ page his character is credited as "W.H.O. Doctor" or World Health Organization Doctor!

IMDB = World War Z

Last edited:
Wow some more interesting stuff is coming to light not only the weird stuff about the IMDB page but.....

Capaldi was in the 2nd episode of Doctor Who Season 4 (2008).
"The Doctor (David Tennant) and Donna (Catherine Tate) visit Pompeii in AD 79, on the eve of the eruption of Mount Vesuvius." He played Caecilius. :popcorn:

It gets stranger that episode also featured Karen Gillian (playing a Soothsayer) who the next season in Season 5 would be cast as Amy Pond the companion to the new (11th) Doctor played by Matt Smith! :blink: :huh:

I'm probably one of few to have seen it, but he was on Vicar of Dibley, which is shown sometimes as part of the "Britcom" rotation on PBS stations.

Tristan_Campbell.jpg

Much more Doctor looking in the 90s.

I like the change. Matt Smith's whimsical Dr was becoming tiresome... but he wasn't entirely unpleasant. I hope the next doctor is a better fit.

New Torchwood series coming in September!

'Torchwood: Miracle Day' to Premiere on BBC America on Saturday, September 14

New York – August 12, 2013

Members of the Torchwoodteam have fought aliens, cyborgs and time travelers, but now they face their biggest threat – humanity. Team leader and Doctor Who companion, Captain Jack Harkness (John Barrowman, Arrow) and former Torchwood agent Gwen Cooper (Eve Myles, Doctor Who) are joined by newcomers Rex Matheson, (Mekhi Phifer, Divergent) and Esther Drummond (Alexa Havins, Grey’s Anatomy), when the supernatural miniseries, Torchwood: Miracle Day, makes its cable television premiere on BBC AMERICA Saturday, September 14 at 9pm ET/PT. Leading up to the premiere, BBC AMERICA will air a marathon of Torchwood season two and Torchwood: Children of the Earth beginning Friday, September 13, 11:00pm ET/PT.

Just finished season 6. I gotta say, Matt Smith is my favorite Doctor. I felt the writing and production was best during his tenure, so I think that is a huge influence on my preference.

VN Store

Back