Dr Who

I liked the first season or two. Kinda fell off with the 5 day mini series and getting Cinemax or Showtime or whoever it was involved. Captain Jack Harkness is a fun character.

What's the word on Torchwood? Worth watching?

Just watched several episode on the Roku, it's definitely worth watching. Martha Jones is a crossover from Dr Who in several episodes. It's got some decent story lines and good science fiction plots.

A heads up BBC America tomorrow night will broadcast Doctor Who: The Doctors Revisited – The Ninth Doctor which was portrayed by Christopher Eccleston. The 9th Doctor really restarted the Dr. Who franchise in 2005. Until then the last Doctor Who was a 1996 TV Film the last original series Doctor ended in 1989.

BBC America celebrates the Ninth Doctor, Christopher Eccleston, in a new special of Doctor Who: The Doctors Revisited. Eccleston heralded the return of the show and was the first Doctor to appear in the 21st century. The special begins with lead writer and executive producer Steven Moffat, writer Neil Gaiman, John Barrowman (Captain Jack Harkness) who played the Ninth Doctor’s companion, and actor Noel Clarke (Mickey Smith), among others, discussing Eccleston portraying a no nonsense, hard hitting and straight talking Doctor. The special is followed by the Ninth Doctor two-part story Bad Wolf and The Parting of Ways, in which the Doctor and his companions Rose (Billie Piper) and Captain Jack find themselves trapped in the Gamestation, also known as Satellite 5, where they must battle to survive the cruel games. However, when Rose is taken away, the Doctor realizes his deadliest enemies have returned en masse.

'BBC America' to Simulcast 'Doctor Who' 50th Anniversary Special 'The Day of the Doctor'
via press release:

BBC AMERICA to Simulcast Doctor Who 50th Anniversary Special on November 23

US broadcast part of global simulcast with over 75 countries

New York – October 1, 2013 – Announced today, BBC AMERICA will simulcast the Doctor Who 50th Anniversary Special, The Day of the Doctor, in the U.S. on November 23, 2013. For the first time ever, the world’s longest running and most successful sci-fi series will be broadcast simultaneously to millions of viewers worldwide in a global simulcast.

From the U.S. to the UK, Canada to Colombia, Brazil to Botswana and Myanmar to Mexico, fans in at least 75 countries spanning six continents will be able to enjoy the episode at the same time as the UK, with more countries expected to be confirmed within the next month. The one-off special stars Matt Smith (the Eleventh Doctor), Jenna Coleman (companion Clara), David Tennant (the Tenth Doctor) with Billie Piper and John Hurt.

In addition, BBC AMERICA will be dedicating an entire week to Doctor Who in November, including the new film An Adventure in Space and Time, marathons and new specials to be announced......

I can't wait to have 10 and 11 on the screen together. Smith is my first doctor and David Tennant is just awesome. Hopefully we get a good look at the time war with John Hurt's doctor as well.

The 50th Anniversary Special "Day of the Doctor" Trailer

November 23, 2013!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loGm3vT8EAQ[/youtube]

The 50th Anniversary Special "Day of the Doctor" Trailer

November 23, 2013!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loGm3vT8EAQ[/youtube]

Today is the day!!!

The Day of The Doctor!! Allons-y!!

The first airing will be simulcast both in Great Britain and America beginning at 2:30PM Eastern time on BBC America with a 20 minute Live Preview show!

If you’re trying to figure out why what’s on Netflix...back in the 60s and 70s the BBC, in their infinite wisdom and miserness, decided they needed to reuse the tapes. Yes, most of the Doctor Who shows that weren’t specifically saved were just taped over. I think they found a whole bunch of old shows, in of all places, Nigeria.

Today is the day!!!

The Day of The Doctor!! Allons-y!!

The first airing will be simulcast both in Great Britain and America beginning at 2:30PM Eastern time on BBC America with a 20 minute Live Preview show!

If you are not watching some form of BBC right now, you’re missing it.

Reactions: 1 person
Overall I give a 9.5/10.

Tennant & Smith had great chemistry together. Its a shame we will likely never see more than one Doctor on screen again.

I was surprised that we didn't see more of Capaldi other than his forehead. I also thought this special was going to take care of the number of times he can regenerate, as I think the upcoming 12th (Peter Capaldi) is supposedly the last time he can regenerate unless I'm missing something?

Overall I give a 9.5/10.

Tennant & Smith had great chemistry together. Its a shame we will likely never see more than one Doctor on screen again.

I was surprised that we didn't see more of Capaldi other than his forehead. I also thought this special was going to take care of the number of times he can regenerate, as I think the upcoming 12th (Peter Capaldi) is supposedly the last time he can regenerate unless I'm missing something?

That was never settled in stone. But it sort of became canon with the Valeyard storyline.

But stuff can change over time. And the entire point of Clara Oswald is that she doesn’t make sense. So some stuff that is set up hasn’t been resolved yet. What happened in the Silence in the Library, for example (the sonic screwdriver).

Not sure, but I think they now count John Hurt as the Doctor. Now he’s resolved as the real 10th Doctor. So Capaldi is going to be referred to now as the 13th Doctor is my guess.

There was also the teaser for the Christmas special that implies he goes back to Trenzalore, where he is supposed to die in battle. Surviving the battle and regenerating instead overrides the death and the regeneration limit.

See, what I meant to have said was that Hurt was the 8th Doctor but they are gonna just call him ‘War Doctor’ for some reason and then all the rest of that stuff I said is just gonna keep on being confusing.

Really hate to see this coming I just have a bad feeling about Capaldi?
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njNnTDiLOd4[/youtube]

That’s annoying, putting the regenerating part right in the advert. Kinda takes away a bit of the fun.

I really like the voice over at the start of preview!

"And now it's time for one last bow, Like all your other selves, Eleven's hour is over now, The clock is striking twelve!"

Here in the colonies it’ll be on Christmas day at 9 EST. They’ve been teasing something like this since the series returned in 2005. Interesting that they are going gung ho with this particular regeneration.

Preview Clip from next weeks Special Christmas/Regeneration Episode

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgOqHL-NMuo[/youtube]

So what did everyone think of "The Time of the Doctor"? I think this article does a good job of summarizing most fans thoughts!

Five emotional moments from Matt Smith's 'Doctor Who' farewell
Editor's note: Warning: The following article contains spoilers about this year's Christmas episode of "Doctor Who."

(CNN) -- "And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now, the clock is striking Twelve's."

With those poetic words, Jenna Coleman's Clara Oswald summed up the stakes of Wednesday night's Christmas episode of "Doctor Who." Following a hugely successful, well-received 50th anniversary episode last month, it seemed fitting that the show would bid goodbye to Matt Smith for an encore........

So what did everyone think of "The Time of the Doctor"? I think this article does a good job of summarizing most fans thoughts!

Five emotional moments from Matt Smith's 'Doctor Who' farewell

I was kind of pissed that he tricked Clara once by sending her home and then blatantly lied to her and sent her home a second time. Then came back again, thanks to Tasha, and SHE is the one who ultimately saved him. Anyway, still don't know how I feel about Peter Capaldi but I'll give him a chance.

New 'Doctor Who' Costume Revealed

The BBC has revealed the new costume for Peter Capaldi's 12th Doctor:

Screen-Shot-2014-01-27-at-1.46.41-PM-500x804.png

VN Store

Back