Doom

Sorry, it's early and I'm unable to clearly explain things as well as usual.

I'm not saying it was a hot issue for Romney and that it lost him the election. I'm saying that if the GOP pumps the brakes on immigration policies(latino vote... **** Jan Brewer), the quaint social policies (gay marriage, abortion), and start trying to appeal to the younger voters, then they might start finding new voters. Even you can admit that finding a new demographic or three would help the GOP immensely.

Yes, the American you grew up in is changing. The GOP MUST change,because liberals have. They finally figured out how to win.

Reactions: 3 people
Sorry, it's early and I'm unable to clearly explain things as well as usual.

I'm not saying it was a hot issue for Romney and that it lost him the election. I'm saying that if the GOP pumps the brakes on immigration policies(latino vote... **** Jan Brewer), the quaint social policies (gay marriage, abortion), and start trying to appeal to the younger voters, then they might start finding new voters. Even you can admit that finding a new demographic or three would help the GOP immensely.

Yes, the American you grew up in is changing. The GOP MUST change,because liberals have. They finally figured out how to win.
This.

All I'm hearing from you two is that there's NOTHING the GOP can do; that this country is not fixable.

The D's changed everything during FDR, the right changed their approach with Reagan. Why can't it be done again?

All I'm hearing from you two is that there's NOTHING the GOP can do; that this country is not fixable.

The D's changed everything during FDR, the right changed their approach with Reagan. Why can't it be done again?

I didn't feel that way before yesterday but do now. Today I truly believe fiscal conservatisim is dead on a national scale. We are headed down the same road as western Europe.

I don't think JFK could even win the Dem nomination today.

Reactions: 1 person
I didn't feel that way before yesterday but do now. Today I truly believe fiscal conservatisim is dead on a national scale. We are headed down the same road as western Europe.

Hey, and we very well could be if the GOP just gives in. Remember, this is still a very young country compared to the rest of the world. It took a very, very long time for the Euro governments to get where they are. We're politically bipolar and always have been.

2014 will be a sign as to whether or not 2016 could bring REAL change.

Why do you all never call on the far left to change?

It's hard to change the electorate when they can vote themselves free stuff. I firmly believe the country is either too dumb or too far left, not sure which it is but I don't know if either can be fixed. If we can't beat the worst pres in our history with what's going on now I have slim hope for us going forward.

Exactly right.

George Bush had 8 years. The country hasn't changed that much. It's just the Democrats turn to piss everyone off.

It's hard to change the electorate when they can vote themselves free stuff. I firmly believe the country is either too dumb or too far left, not sure which it is but I don't know if either can be fixed. If we can't beat the worst pres in our history with what's going on now I have slim hope for us going forward.

We're talking about the GOP changing because they lost two elections in a row.

Because, justin, "we all" know that it's up to the minority to change the game at this point. That's like asking Rome to chill out when it was expanding in all directions around the Mediterranean after the Punic Wars.

He may not be a good president, but his team has arguably run the best two campaigns in decades. He outfoxed everyone.

I wasn't on this board in '04, but I can tell you my parents were flipping their **** when Kerry lost. They too spoke of doom. They thought this country was on its way to theocracy. Oddly enough, you're singing a similar tune.

Because, justin, "we all" know that it's up to the minority to change the game at this point. That's like asking Rome to chill out when it was expanding in all directions around the Mediterranean after the Punic Wars.

He may not be a good president, but his team has arguably run the best two campaigns in decades. He outfoxed everyone.

I wasn't on this board in '04, but I can tell you my parents were flipping their **** when Kerry lost. They too spoke of doom. They thought this country was on its way to theocracy. Oddly enough, you're singing a similar tune.

I hope you are right, I don't see it but hope like hell you are right.

the left is never going to cut off the money train that keeps them in power. Buying votes works for them. If the GOP wants to fix that behavior they have to become more electable in a national race.

the left is never going to cut off the money train that keeps them in power. Buying votes works for them. If the GOP wants to fix that behavior they have to become more electable in a national race.

And bongo was his moniker.

JFK would be considered a right wing extremist by today's Democrat party.

“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world's greatest civilizations has been 200 years.”
― Alexis de Tocqueville

Trending true...

I think there is a large enough centrist middle class that genuinely cares about fiscal responsibility that could overcome the lower end vote buying if the GOP would let go of its social agenda nonsense.

If the RNC wants to be relevant nationally, they need to move libertarian on the social issues and be the party of strong fiscal conservatism.

You can't spout about being the party of freedom and independence and be so strongly against things like same-sex marriage. You can't be for freedom and support things like the Patriot Act. You can't be for freedom and support stupid drug laws.

I agree. Without the social issues, I'd vote republican many times. However, with the social issues, I feel truly alienated by the party.

I struggle here very much.

VN Store

Back