Dooley to Address Media Tomorrow

Kirby Smart waiting in the background.

Not sure if this is the homerun hire I want - but anything is better than Doofus.

Only reason I'd say to keep Dooley this year is so Rogers, hunter, bray can't transfer; however, were screwed after next year anyways

I actually still believe we can win about 8 games next year....but after that i see us going sub five for years to come if we hold on to Dooley

I honestly don't know which is the better option fire Dooley now and take the risk of setting our program back for years to come, cuz let's face it were not going to get an urban Meyer to come here.....or let Dooley have his fun next year and then our program gets set back

Only reason I'd say to keep Dooley this year is so Rogers, hunter, bray can't transfer; however, were screwed after next year anyways

I actually still believe we can win about 8 games next year....but after that i see us going sub five for years to come if we hold on to Dooley

I honestly don't know which is the better option fire Dooley now and take the risk of setting our program back for years to come, cuz let's face it were not going to get an urban Meyer to come here.....or let Dooley have his fun next year and then our program gets set back

You fire Dooley now, cut your losses in this class and hope the new coach can win with the talent we have now which will lead him into his first full class.

Dooley's not resigning, Hart will give him at least 1 more year.

I think Dooley has had a new DC lined up for sometime who will announce tomorrow (after his team plays today?) and some recruits don't fit his style.

Dooley, to my knowledge, has never held a presser to introduce a coach. Why would he start doing it now?

So can we pretty much bet the farm that Dooley will be announcing a new DC tomorrow? If it is Kirby Smart...wow I mean that would be awesome but why leave Bama unless Hart was going to pay him the big bucks? Crazy....

So can we pretty much bet the farm that Dooley will be announcing a new DC tomorrow? If it is Kirby Smart...wow I mean that would be awesome but why leave Bama unless Hart was going to pay him the big bucks? Crazy....

If Smart is involved, he's the new head coach, not DC.

Why would Dooley resign? He's riding a gravy train with biscuit wheels. He doesn't have to win or produce any positive results whatsoever and still gets a millionaire payday. And he has thousands of supporters that are ok with his absolute moronic coaching technique.

Mike Hamilton finally got his revenge on all the fans that were criticizing him.

And before you people say it, I know, I'm not a true fan in your warped little world.

I agree he is to arrogant to resign and if he did he would not receive his buy-out.

Dooleyis going to just say, wish Wilcox and Siromon the best. Then will say no need to hurry to get right DC. Its all about the process. (Using the saban carbon copy)

I really don't think Dooley would have a presser to announce his resignation. If Dooley is handling the presser, he's not resigning. I think it's to rally the troops and convince the recruits that TN will be hiring a top notch DC. I hope he already has Steele ( or somene of similiar reputation and experience) in line and can announce it tomorrow but who knows.

If Hart is handling the presser, all bets are off.

Last edited:
So, Fulmer didn't give a press conference when he "stepped down?" Don't drink and think.

When a coach stays at a school 15+ years and wins a national championship, the school usually lets him announce that he's stepping down (even when everyone knows it was forced).

If a coach is asked to step down after 2 seasons and with a losing record, the school doesn't owe him the opportunity to give his thoughts. The AD just announces that he's not coming back and that the search process has begun.

Reactions: 4 people

skeeter said that hes heard Dooley is gunning for Steele.

When a coach stays at a school 15+ years and wins a national championship, the school usually lets him announce that he's stepping down (even when everyone knows it was forced).

If a coach is asked to step down after 2 seasons and with a losing record, the school doesn't owe him the opportunity to give his thoughts. The AD just announces that he's not coming back and that the search process has begun.

Kiffin at midnight disagrees.

WTF?

I've seen coaches that coach one year and get fired give a presser when they are fired or resign.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

Dooley, to my knowledge, has never held a presser to introduce a coach. Why would he start doing it now?

I don't know if it is about a new coach or not. But we need this personal touch. We are a disenchanted fan base, recruits are concerned and we need someone, the head coach, to step up and say "here is where we are, this is what we are doing, these are changes that are happening, we are still TN football, we are going places and we want you along for the ride". I hope it is this type of presser.

Reactions: 1 person
I don't know if it is about a new coach or not. But we need this personal touch. We are a disenchanted fan base, recruits are concerned and we need someone, the head coach, to step up and say "here is where we are, this is what we are doing, these are changes that are happening, we are still TN football, we are going places and we want you along for the ride". I hope it is this type of presser.

Or he could come to the presser and say Wilcox was young and inexperienced and blame the whole thing on youth.

It wouldn't be the first time.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back