Dooley to Address Media Tomorrow

Maybe. But Wilcox leaving isn't some shocking thing. I'm sure he had a plan in case it happened. Also, what will he say to the media other than the usual?

Yea true. But why would a coach announce a press conference unless he's stepping down? Not saying I hope he does but I'm really confused by this.

He's gonna announce nega vols can come coach & call plays so there will be no excuses for losing.

Reactions: 5 people
I have always believed that Wilcox staying as DC was the only reason why Dooley was not fired. Hart never HIRED him. This presser is Hart's watch. NOT Dooley's. Whatever this is...Hart is making a statement.

Maybe. But Wilcox leaving isn't some shocking thing. I'm sure he had a plan in case it happened. Also, what will he say to the media other than the usual?

Well it is Hyams. Jimmy is still waiting for Hamilton's charter from Ruston to land at TYS.

Yea true. But why would a coach announce a press conference unless he's stepping down? Not saying I hope he does but I'm really confused by this.

Exactly. If you got a DC, make a press release (which Dooley usually does...I don't remember any press conferences bringing in a new coach) and if you want a press conference you usually do it after NSD.

Does. Not. Compute.

This tells me he is giving LT the nod.

He's certainly not resigning. FFS, lol.

Then why not just a press release? I don't think Dooley has ever had a press conference to announce a hiring.

He needed to do a presser after the KY game versus letting all this come about and having to address it all....The Wilcox departure finally pulled him out of hiding.....

Address it today.....Not tommorrow.....

IDK. But really things have been pretty ugly in the media anyways. Wilcox jumping just fans the flames that the program is in disarray. Whether that is true or not is irrelevant to the media, Dooley needs to give them the facts or they will make them up. Dooley's media policy has always set himself up for criticism. You can't act like Saban if you don't have the record to back it up.

IDK. But really things have been pretty ugly in the media anyways. Wilcox jumping just fans the flames that the program is in disarray. Whether that is true or not is irrelevant to the media, Dooley needs to give them the facts or they will make them up. Dooley's media policy has always set himself up for criticism. You can't act like Saban if you don't have the record to back it up.

I could see Dooley making a state of the program presser. But it's a very odd time to do it.

Its irrational but I think it's possible that this could be a resignation...not probable. And not likely but the timing is so off.

VN Store

Back