Dooley on the "25 Rule" [Again]

The whole point of rational discussion is to form a better opinion/stance on a topic after both sides have stated their original views. Name calling and the like get rational discussion nowhere. Why are you so quick to assume this topic is filled with vitriol?

What exactly am I trying to wriggle out of? You and your merry band of over-reactors are trying to twist this around, and label me as some Dooley-hating negavol, when that couldn't be further from the truth.

Correcting that ignorance is not trying to wriggle out of anything. From the onset of this thread, I stated that it was my OPINION that it was time for Dooley to move on.

See how that works...MY OPINION.

negavol, imo

and a tad racistist

The whole point of rational discussion is to form a better opinion/stance on a topic after both sides have stated their original views. Name calling and the like get rational discussion nowhere. Why are you so quick to assume this topic is filled with vitriol?

I should have known better than to use the verb "whining". I'll take my lumps for that one.

Had my response been more tactfully crafted, these responses might not have been so over the top.

negavol, imo

and a tad racistist

62521f73ba61.gif

The rule is the rule, fair or not, time for him to stop whining, and deal with it. Everyone knows his stance by now.

He speaks out against every time he's in front of a microphone. That's why they ask him the questions. It's my opinion and preference that it's time for him to move on. If you disagree, great.

I don't even know, I was only saying I think it's time for him to move on. It's not like I have some huge issue with it.

What exactly am I trying to wriggle out of? You and your merry band of over-reactors are trying to twist this around, and label me as some Dooley-hating negavol, when that couldn't be further from the truth.

Correcting that ignorance is not trying to wriggle out of anything. From the onset of this thread, I stated that it was my OPINION that it was time for Dooley to move on.

See how that works...MY OPINION.

Sure. That was all you were getting at, your opinion that he should move on, while calling him a whiner and inferring that he just couldn't "deal with" the rule.

That's what I'm referring to as "wriggling". And pardon us for being "ignorant" enough to read the words you wrote and respond. If you wrote it, and it's right there on the screen, and it's not what you meant, then who is ignorant?

If quoting your post is "twisting" it around, then pardon me. If not, then you're "wriggling", backpeddling from "whiny guy who can't deal with it" to "just my opinion as a guy who likes Dooley that he shouldn't talk about it anymore". Own it if you say it. You wrote it. Hmmm... What am I trying to get at here?

"Stop whining and deal with it."

Sure. That was all you were getting at, your opinion that he should move on, while calling him a whiner and inferring that he just couldn't "deal with" the rule.

That's what I'm referring to as "wriggling". And pardon us for being "ignorant" enough to read the words you wrote and respond. If you wrote it, and it's right there on the screen, and it's not what you meant, then who is ignorant?

If quoting your post is "twisting" it around, then pardon me. If not, then you're "wriggling", backpeddling from "whiny guy who can't deal with it" to "just my opinion as a guy who likes Dooley that he shouldn't talk about it anymore". Own it if you say it. You wrote it. Hmmm... What am I trying to get at here?

Thinking Dooley shouldn't speak like that when answering questions in an interview and hating him are two completely different things.

I don't think he was whining at all in that interview. However, thinking he was whining and calling him a whiner are two completely different things as well.

How is me acknowledging in every one of those posts that I think he should move on considered backpedaling? Clearly I shouldn't have used the word whining, but how does that change the sentiment of what I said, and reiterated multiple times?

If you disagree with my assertion, I'm super happy for you. However, nothing that you just posted has any bearing on this issue other than to prove that I consistently said Dooley should move on from this.

I suppose anything less than copying and pasting the same statement over and over is considered backpedaling?

How is me acknowledging in every one of those posts that I think he should move on considered backpedaling? Clearly I shouldn't have used the word whining, but how does that change the sentiment of what I said, and reiterated multiple times?

If you disagree with my assertion, I'm super happy for you. However, nothing that you just posted has any bearing on this issue other than to prove that I consistently said Dooley should move on from this.

I suppose anything less than copying and pasting the same statement over and over is considered backpedaling?

I withdraw my entire argument. I was just informed that saying someone is whining is not the same thing as calling them a whiner.

I beg your pardon.

Thinking Dooley shouldn't speak like that when answering questions in an interview and hating him are two completely different things.

I don't think he was whining at all in that interview. However, thinking he was whining and calling him a whiner are two completely different things as well.

CD, I'm not gonna beat a dead horse. I'll just state my opinion and drop it. The original post was stated in a polarizing fashion. The opinion could have been stated in a different way. He is welcome to that opinion, seriously. He is also welcome to state it in whatever fashion he chooses. But he should also feel welcome to be called out on the way he stated his opinion by those who are fed up with the negative, crap on Dooley no matter what he does, additude around here these days.

:hi:

Done.

If by "pont of view" you mean two thoughts connected by some form of rationality, then correct, you've proven yourself incapable of a "point of view". With that said, did you ever return to the BJ Coleman thread for another "attack-the-man" rebuttal after having your entire "point of view" exposed as utter drivel?

Dude, you are such a whiny little girl. You didn't prove anything other than you disagree with me.

CD, I'm not gonna beat a dead horse. I'll just state my opinion and drop it. The original post was stated in a polarizing fashion. The opinion could have been stated in a different way. He is welcome to that opinion, seriously. He is also welcome to state it in whatever fashion he chooses. But he should also feel welcome to be called out on the way he stated his opinion by those who are fed up with the negative, crap on Dooley no matter what he does, additude around here these days.

Done.

Glad we could finally agree that this was a semantics issue; as I've already acknowledged multiple times that clearly I could have chosen my verbiage more carefully. One more note, my OP was a link to an article.

Done.
Oh believe I'm fed up with them too. I'd normally be on your side in this case, however the OP has a history of being very non-troll and non-agenda based. No worries from me either, though. :hi:

Dude, you are such a whiny little girl. You didn't prove anything other than you disagree with me.

I proved that you made the simultaneous statements that BJ Coleman has never been, is not, will never be a good quarteback, while admitting that you only followed him for two years, ignoring his NFL projections and also his performance head-to-head against other NFL hopefuls.

That has nothing to do with whether we have the same opinion or not. It has everything to do with an implicit admission that you don't think things through very well. The satement "he sucks" is an opinion. The statement/prediction that you made while admitting that you didn't have the necessary information to back up the statement/prediction... That's not opinion, it's just a defective thought process.

And, for the record, thank you for proving my point. CD, the above quote, by the rules of English, would equate to him calling me a "whiner". :)

Lol true, but normally one becomes branded a whiner when it becomes a habit and the behavior is repeated. That's where I was getting. :)

Gotcha. :) NO worries...

My point was that when someone accuses someone of "currently" whining, it equates to the assertion that the person is "currently" a whiner. In any advent, I propose the original post was written in a polarizing manner, thus there should be no surprise when it gets polarized responses.

That's just how it works. Expect it. Live with it.

I proved that you made the simultaneous statements that BJ Coleman has never been, is not, will never be a good quarteback, while admitting that you only followed him for two years, ignoring his NFL projections and also his performance head-to-head against other NFL hopefuls.

That has nothing to do with whether we have the same opinion or not. It has everything to do with an implicit admission that you don't think things through very well. The satement "he sucks" is an opinion. The statement/prediction that you made while admitting that you didn't have the necessary information to back up the statement/prediction... That's not opinion, it's just a defective thought process.

And, for the record, thank you for proving my point. CD, the above quote, by the rules of English, would equate to him calling me a "whiner". :)

Lets bury this. For what it's worth, my intention was not to stir up the masses, interrupt the status quo, or post anything in purposefully "polarizing" fashion. If you have seen my posts at all, you'd know that I support Dooley, but always speak my mind.

We can disagree on this without fighting for 5 pages. I have a feeling we are both better than that.

Lets bury this. For what it's worth, my intention was not to stir up the masses, interrupt the status quo, or post anything in purposefully "polarizing" fashion. If you have seen my posts at all, you'd know that I support Dooley, but always speak my mind.

We can disagree on this without fighting for 5 pages. I have a feeling we are both better than that.

Well said. :hi:

:clapping:

i have a feeling a lot of the anger is regarding santos and peters and not having a back up plan because of what he is referring to.

that and the academic situation with the kid from dc

VN Store

Back