Dont send stupid stuff to recruits

Public bashing on social media is obviously not going to help us any, but if these kids buckle over idiot fan pressure, I don't wanna see how they react to a rough 3rd quarter in a big game.

Public bashing on social media is obviously not going to help us any, but if these kids buckle over idiot fan pressure, I don't wanna see how they react to a rough 3rd quarter in a big game.

Unfortunately, there is a large percentage of recruits that do buckle under that pressure. Social media bashing has a tangible effect in the recruiting wars.

Reactions: 1 person

I think a lot of us are missing that social media and it's perception is much more influential on teens than adults. They've grown up with it and it's an integral part of their lives. Kids have committed suicide over FB posts.

Reactions: 2 people
I think a lot of us are missing that social media and it's perception is much more influential on teens than adults. They've grown up with it and it's an integral part of their lives. Kids have committed suicide over FB posts.

Think maybe we've babied these kids too much. I can't think of a single senior in my class of 95 that would have given a rats ass what some other punk thought of them on FB. At any rate, you're right. ppl need to stfu and stay off twitter if they can't be supportive or just be decent.

Last edited:
Think maybe we've babied these kids too much. I can't think of a single senior in my class of 95 that would have given a rats ass what some other punk thought of them on FB. At any rate, you're right. ppl need to stfu and stay off twitter if they can't be supportive or just be decent.
:lolabove:
FB in 95! JK but society has changed and we have to adapt to it.

While Pratville's point is well taken but it's not that they've been babied. The real problem with social media and kids is people they know at school taking the bullying 24/7 and kids who wouldn't have the courage to bully piling on as well as the ability for a few mean kids to make comment after comment. IOW, instead of being bullied in one class or during the school day some kids are getting bullied constantly and have no escape from it even at home (it'll be texted to them or show up online). It takes the living hell some kids endure to a whole new level.

These recruits, however, are well aware of rival fans, trolls, and digital poseurs. While trolls can make any fan base look bad, you just have to counter that with positivity and class and vol fans show plenty of that over other fan bases (I've gone to other sites/forums that discuss sec football and they're classless -- even our trolls are classier than their posters). But no recruit is decommitting because some fool trolled them. They may get annoyed or miffed with social media but ultimately commitments are about programs and people you know -- real world factors.

As another poster pointed out some time ago, if there was a dislike button it would tell a different story.........:unsure:

Little Rock! I guess while you were growing up you didn't have a good team to root for except UT. LOL but thanks for being a VFL.:good!:

While Pratville's point is well taken but it's not that they've been babied. The real problem with social media and kids is people they know at school taking the bullying 24/7 and kids who wouldn't have the courage to bully piling on as well as the ability for a few mean kids to make comment after comment. IOW, instead of being bullied in one class or during the school day some kids are getting bullied constantly and have no escape from it even at home (it'll be texted to them or show up online). It takes the living hell some kids endure to a whole new level.

These recruits, however, are well aware of rival fans, trolls, and digital poseurs. While trolls can make any fan base look bad, you just have to counter that with positivity and class and vol fans show plenty of that over other fan bases (I've gone to other sites/forums that discuss sec football and they're classless -- even our trolls are classier than their posters). But no recruit is decommitting because some fool trolled them. They may get annoyed or miffed with social media but ultimately commitments are about programs and people you know -- real world factors.

I'm so damn thankful that I'm not growing up in this day and age.

It definitely is a different world than the 80's and 90's world I grew up in. Kids are being exposed to things at a much younger age, growing up quicker. I look at social media like the invention of the car. It will forever change the way we do things. I haven't totally embraced it because of the old school world I was raised in, but you can't stop progress.

Little Rock! I guess while you were growing up you didn't have a good team to root for except UT. LOL but thanks for being a VFL.:good!:

Born and raised in Nashvegas, went to McGavock High School, and Belmont U. Moved out here in 97 for a job......:salute:

Born and raised in Nashvegas, went to McGavock High School, and Belmont U. Moved out here in 97 for a job......:salute:

Don't understand the people that can't grasp moving into enemy territory for a job. I met a guy in Germany that was German with a power T on his backglass. His daughter was at UT. I know a lot of you Denso Vols that have been to Howard's bar in Kariya City Japan and it's decked out in nothing but orange. Vols are everywhere.

Our fan base is one of the reasons recruits like us so spewing garbage on twitter will hurt that pitch

I don't understand why people feel like they need to get involved in recruit's lives in the first place! All these meddling jock sniffers need to get a damn life and let our coaches handle the recruiting.

That was about the same time I lived in Little Rock. Worked for Staley Data. My roommates were big Arkansas fans and I was working out of town in 98 when the UT Arkansas game was on. He called to rub it in because the game was basically over and about that time Clint Stooner fumbled the ball. The rest is history!:dance2:

Notice my avatar? :yahoo:

Last edited:

Me too brother I'll take running and playing outside, the smell of fried peach pies, crawling in a dog house full of beagles, and slamming wooden screen doors over technology and being barricaded in my bedroom any day! I just wish my kids could have done the same.

So I can't send those stacks of $ and Tennessee gear to recruits?

Oh wait that wasn't me who said that :)

Me too brother I'll take running and playing outside, the smell of fried peach pies, crawling in a dog house full of beagles, and slamming wooden screen doors over technology and being barricaded in my bedroom any day! I just wish my kids could have done the same.

Turn off the router...it's like kicking an ant mound.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back