Dont send stupid stuff to recruits

They only follow UT Athletes, and mods, they only tweet at recruits and players in positive ways, and when he decommited, they went off on him. So, they seem to be fans, just crappy ones

Are you talking about this guy? @JasonKidd_ESPN

If so, Vol fans on Powell's feed said he was a plant/troll with about 4 posts.

It wasn't just him, there were several, a lot got deleted, but, they were still there. And other people are linking those to Lambert, and Adoree, and other recruits to show how crappy some of our fans are if you don't come here

I doubt it was a troll. It was posted right after he decommitted. It would take FL fans much longer than that to even come up with a good idea and even longer to execute it.

All of these recruits need well wishes even if they don't commit to UT or switch schools. They made a choice and we can't do anything but respect their decision.:peace:

Fans of other teams had heard all about our succesful use of twitter for recruiting purposes, so now they are starting to use it to try to hurt us by posing as vol fans and spewing awful things. There isn't much we can do to stop them. If they want to play dirty, we could pay them back the same way.

Last edited:
I don't think Powell decommited from UT because of the twitter BS. As UT fans we have to show class at all times. "if you cant say anything nice, dont say anything at all.'
-My momma says "Foosball is the devil":)

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
I don't think Powell decommited from UT because of the twitter BS. As UT fans we have to show class at all times. "if you cant say anything nice, dont say anything at all.'

I think we do, but remember, there are a lot of devious tactics being used by other fanbases to counter our succes. :hi:

Reactions: 1 person
So, you're really trying to say that if something bad is being said, it's by people posing as Vol fans in order to hurt our recruiting?

I can see a couple stupid fans trying this, but you make it sound like its an epidemic

I use twitter just to follow these recruits. I'm a twittertard.:crazy:

So, you're really trying to say that if something bad is being said, it's by people posing as Vol fans in order to hurt our recruiting?

I can see a couple stupid fans trying this, but you make it sound like its an epidemic

You seem strangely dedicated to the idea of this being done only by volunteer fans.:ermm:

You do not need thousands of people to stir crap in social media, all you need is a small dedicated group that know what they are doing.

VN Store

Back