Don't overreact or over analyze this loss

Well, let me just ask if those guys have had that stat line before. Seriously, I am asking. If those three players have never been 2-20 or worse, then it's apparent that they were the problem because it's out of the norm. Considered an "off night."

Definitely an off night, but Missouri forced us out of our comfort zone and made us take some bad shots deep into the shot clock. Not all of those misses were wide open jumpers or gimmes. They did a good job of defending us, I thought. And then the ones that we had good looks on, we just missed the majority of them. Combination of a lot of things. Bottom line, a chance to win on the road at end is about all you can hope for.

Reactions: 1 person
Yep, and I’ll remember when we win the next one and these same people are talking about how great of a coach Barnes is. When you’re guards can’t knock down shots it’s hard to win on the road.

Well someone must have gotten a little butthurt over my comment, it has disappeared along with a few others.

Good post. Bone was the key for me. When he missed the wide open layup we knew it wasn't his night

Bone is the player that drives you crazy. Ton of talent but the most inconsistent on the team. Played better last week when he had the flu. Go figure...

Yep, and I’ll remember when we win the next one and these same people are talking about how great of a coach Barnes is. When you’re guards can’t knock down shots it’s hard to win on the road.

Lol, when your guards are throwing up bricks , good coaches call timeout and say " get the dam ball inside to Williams".

Lol, when your guards are throwing up bricks , good coaches call timeout and say " get the dam ball inside to Williams".

It doesn't require a time out to deliver that message to your players. Time outs are called after the opponent's made basket which gives them an opportunity to set up a defense which increases the odds of extending the run and the momentum. Calling time outs likely has no better effect on stopping runs than playing through them... plus one of only 4 available time outs is lost giving even another advantage to your opponent.

It doesn't require a time out to deliver that message to your players. Time outs are called after the opponent's made basket which gives them an opportunity to set up a defense which increases the odds of extending the run and the momentum. Calling time outs likely has no better effect on stopping runs than playing through them... plus one of only 4 available time outs is lost giving even another advantage to your opponent.

Tell me you're just kidding...

If not, now I know you must be related to Barnes. One of the worst coaches ever when it comes to utilizing his time outs

Zero excuse not to take a TO during that first half run around the 6 minute mark. Absolutely zero.

Tell me you're just kidding...

If not, now I know you must be related to Barnes. One of the worst coaches ever when it comes to utilizing his time outs

You're an amateur speculating on a message board. Where is the evidence that burning time outs magically turns around games on a dime? If your team fails to execute coming out of the TO (which is more likely given the opponents opportunity to change their defense and/of set up a press) the hole has been dug even deeper... and you have one less TO. TN played through a 10 point deficit without the ball and cut it down to one point with the ball. That didn't happen because a magical TO was called.

You're an amateur speculating on a message board. Where is the evidence that burning time outs magically turns around games on a dime? If your team fails to execute coming out of the TO (which is more likely given the opponents opportunity to change their defense and/of set up a press) the hole has been dug even deeper... and you have one less TO. TN played through a 10 point deficit without the ball and cut it down to one point with the ball. That didn't happen because a magical TO was called.

And you're an amateur that's ok with Barnes going home with timeouts left in his pocket.

And you're an amateur that's ok with Barnes going home with timeouts left in his pocket.

I think that they were all used... but even if not, Barnes keeps them if possible in order to have them available at the end of close games. That's his philosophy. He'll be in the Hall of Fame one day.

Except last night GW wasn't hitting his shots at his normal high percentage either......maybe he should have said have said "get the ball inside to Alexander" who seemed to be the only guy who was looking good on offense last night. Although, in the last minute he stood there watching when GW got doubled and passed to Alexander for what should have been the go ahead dunk but instead was a turnover. Must drive Barnes crazy as they executed that same play a few minutes earlier - still lots of opportunity for this team to improve.

I think that they were all used... but even if not, Barnes keeps them if possible in order to have them available at the end of close games. That's his philosophy. He'll be in the Hall of Fame one day.

Why use them at the end of the game? Doesn't that give the opponent the ability to change their defense then as well.

It's BARNES JOB to find an f-ing PG that can DRIVE, CREATE... AAAAAND hit his damn LAYUPS and FT's!!

Recruiting failures continue to haunt this team. The PG is just as important as the QB in football. If you don't have a great one... you don't have one.

It's THAT simple. Bone, Turner, Bowden and the transfer are NOT championship level guards. Not one of them.

It's BARNES JOB to find an f-ing PG that can DRIVE, CREATE... AAAAAND hit his damn LAYUPS and FT's!!

Recruiting failures continue to haunt this team. The PG is just as important as the QB in football. If you don't have a great one... you don't have one.

It's THAT simple. Bone, Turner, Bowden and the transfer are NOT championship level guards. Not one of them.

And this would be the definition of overreacting.

Dear Lord,

Please help these people that have zero clue.

Amen!

Forgot about that. We’d hit a big three and he’d call a timeout to set up defense. What a moron.

Lol.

Time after time

Similarly Daniel got a big steal, hit a huge 3 but then got yanked after giving up a basket last night. That hurt our momentum after the first run.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back