Did we offer Chavis?

stay at lsu, thanks

and how many times did they beat UF.
1993 uf-41 ut-34 (started freshman Danny Wuerffel)

1994 uf-31 ut-0

1995 uf-62 ut-37 (The Gators scored 48 straight points)
yeah 62

1996 uf-35 ut-20 (Gators scored 5 touchdowns in the first 25 minutes)

1997 uf-33 ut-20

1998 uf-17 ut-20 (beat fsu's 3rd string qb in fiesta)

1999 uf-23 ut-21 (Florida took a 23-7 lead in the third quarter)

2000 uf-27 ut-23

2001 uf-32 ut-34

2002 uf-30 ut-13 (scored 24 points in the last 4:55 remaining of the half)

2003 uf-10 ut-24

2004 uf-28 ut-30

2005 uf-16 ut-7

2006 uf-21 ut-20

2007 uf-59 ut-20 (554 yards )

avg 31 point per game for uf

and do i need to mention the lsu, auburn, or hob nail boot games.

thanks but no thanks

We all, admit it or not, wanted Fulmer and Chavis gone when it happened. Even if it felt like we stabbed an uncle(s) in the back when they left. And, we're reaping what was sown. Loved Phil and Chavis, hated losing... and still do. And no way he would have stayed without being hc, and I don't think it would have worked... not that Kiffen did. Fall in behind Dooley guys and girls, he's ours. Lead on and Go Vols!

WHile I respect, admire, and am grateful for ALL that Chavis has done for The University of Tennessee, I still stand by adimate view that when Fulmer went it was time for a change...and real change requires of us real change. So Chavis had to go as well.

Would he have stayed on as HC if offered, even though he says no I believe he would have. Would that have been the right thing for UT???...seeing as how Chavis was part of the recruiting problem, probably not.

Could I see Chavis coming back to UT as a DC at some point in time?...Doubt it, but stranger things have happened. You could tell when LSU visited Neyland this year the man was very emotional and misses the Hill.

stay at lsu, thanks

and how many times did they beat UF.
1993 uf-41 ut-34 (started freshman Danny Wuerffel)

1994 uf-31 ut-0

1995 uf-62 ut-37 (The Gators scored 48 straight points)
yeah 62

1996 uf-35 ut-20 (Gators scored 5 touchdowns in the first 25 minutes)

1997 uf-33 ut-20

1998 uf-17 ut-20 (beat fsu's 3rd string qb in fiesta)

1999 uf-23 ut-21 (Florida took a 23-7 lead in the third quarter)

2000 uf-27 ut-23

2001 uf-32 ut-34

2002 uf-30 ut-13 (scored 24 points in the last 4:55 remaining of the half)

2003 uf-10 ut-24

2004 uf-28 ut-30

2005 uf-16 ut-7

2006 uf-21 ut-20

2007 uf-59 ut-20 (554 yards )

avg 31 point per game for uf

and do i need to mention the lsu, auburn, or hob nail boot games.

thanks but no thanks

You mercifully left out the 30-6 stomping at home in 2008.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I know you have to be kidding when you try to act like 6th out of 12 teams in the SEC is a good thing.

You talking about the only team in the SEC that gave up less than 1000 yards rushing all season?

You talking about the only team in the SEC that gave up less than 1000 yards rushing all season?

And had a pass defense worse than Ole Miss? Fantastic.

If losses are losses, that defense is worse than Vandy's.

No Chavis was not offered, and Lane Kiffin brought in his father to be DC there was no way to keep Chavis in any role.

I'm not being rude here, but Chavis has had about as many HC job offers as Phil - 0.

I may be wrong, but I don't think either one of them is a highly sought after HC candidate.

Not saying I think they should or shouldn't be ... just sayin'.

remember 3rd and chavis?

I remember people joking about that. However I remember his actual stats being pretty durn impressive until the last couple of years, and even then usually being the only thing that kept us in the games... and having year in year out some of the best defenses we'd had since the General was here....

I think John has proven himself quite nicely at LSU...though I think leaving etc deffinately put fire back in his belly...he had gotten complacent recruiting and in other areas.

I'm not being rude here, but Chavis has had about as many HC job offers as Phil - 0.

I may be wrong, but I don't think either one of them is a highly sought after HC candidate.

Not saying I think they should or shouldn't be ... just sayin'.

You usually don't get an offer if you make it clear your not interested. I don't think john wants to be a H.C. he's a D.C. ....and Fulmer I dunno I just think his life was UT from freshman till when he left that's where is heart is at....not sure where he would be willing to go..and it's not like he's worried about finances, he's made more money as an ex coach the last couple of years then he did as a coach. He's busy.

You usually don't get an offer if you make it clear your not interested. I don't think john wants to be a H.C. he's a D.C. ....and Fulmer I dunno I just think his life was UT from freshman till when he left that's where is heart is at....not sure where he would be willing to go..and it's not like he's worried about finances, he's made more money as an ex coach the last couple of years then he did as a coach. He's busy.

Q: When you say you’ve got the bug again. …
A: Believe me, I’ve got the bug.

I just tracked down former Tennessee coach Phillip Fulmer at the AFCA coaches convention to gauge his interest in the open USF job. Fulmer didn’t flat out reject the notion of coaching the Bulls, but he didn’t give a ringing endorsement, either.

When asked whether he had inquired about the opening, Fulmer said, “Not directly I have not.”

When I asked if he would, Fulmer said, “I may. It just depends.”

The key is the word “directly.” Perhaps his representatives have sent feelers out and he will proceed if he finds out USF is interested in him.

'I made a significant point when I got out of coaching that I’m looking for a program that’s committed to winning and being the best they can be. Certainly South Florida fits that profile.'

Direct quotes from Fulmer...

I heard an NFL scout on a talk show a couple of weeks back say that LSU's 2 deep on defense had 20 out of 22 players that would play in the NFL. So it should come as no surprise that they are tops in the nation, regardless of who is coaching them.

I heard Chavis in an interview once say that he did want to eventually be a head coach. That was several years ago though.

You guys must be fairly young. There is a difference in actively pursuing the job market and just leaving the door open for a job to come along that you can't refuse. Everyone, and I mean everyone would take a different job for the right circumstances. Some look for that job, others wait for it to find them.

You guys must be fairly young. There is a difference in actively pursuing the job market and just leaving the door open for a job to come along that you can't refuse. Everyone, and I mean everyone would take a different job for the right circumstances. Some look for that job, others wait for it to find them.

'I made a significant point when I got out of coaching that I’m looking for a program that’s committed to winning and being the best they can be. Certainly South Florida fits that profile.'

That's the job he's waiting for? Hahahaha

Their not even old enough to remember when we had a job market where employers persued employees, as opposed to 100 people clamering to get every opening for one person.

And umm whoever the girl is in your Avatar...smokin hot.

That's the job he's waiting for? Hahahaha

I read that as leaving the door open. If anybody, including USF, backed up a brinks truck he'd sign up. What should he say? "USF sucks, you guys have deep pocket donors, but I'm not interested.". Get real.

VN Store

Back