Did we offer Chavis?

1.) No.

2.) We already have a DC.

3.) OP is either impatient/unrealistic or a negavol.

Because Kiffin Jr wanted to bring Kiffin Sr. I do wonder sometimes that if Monte was not a part of the equasion would Kiffin had tried to keep Chavis.

If Montes not part of the equation does kiff get the job
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Reactions: 6 people
Because Kiffin Jr wanted to bring Kiffin Sr. I do wonder sometimes that if Monte was not a part of the equasion would Kiffin had tried to keep Chavis.

Chavis' friend of 30+ years just got fired and he's going to hang around and coach with the next staff (and under the AD that fired CPF)? Really hard to see that happening

I don't believe Chavis ever wanted to be a HC anyway and he didn't recruit

Reactions: 2 people
He flat out wouldn't/couldn't recruit. Not really an issue at LSU.

I definitely don't think he couldn't and it's my understanding that he just wouldn't travel to recruit. That doesn't mean he didn't sit down with recruits once they were on campus.

I think that whole thing is a little overblown, I mean he's still John Chavis, name recognition still goes a long way. High school seniors these days still have respect for that man. He's one of the best DC's, probably ever, in college football.

Not sayin we should or shouldn't have offered the guy though. I was as sick of 3rd and Chavis as anyone else.

Reactions: 3 people
I definitely don't think he couldn't and it's my understanding that he just wouldn't travel to recruit. That doesn't mean he didn't sit down with recruits once they were on campus.

I think that whole thing is a little overblown, I mean he's still John Chavis, name recognition still goes a long way. High school seniors these days still have respect for that man. He's one of the best DC's, probably ever, in college football.

Not sayin we should or shouldn't have offered the guy though. I was as sick of 3rd and Chavis as anyone else.

Well bless his heart that he would take the time to sit down with them on campus. That doesnt really fly in today's world.

Gee

Was he offered an interview as HBC?...not DC

That horse is well beyond dead. You're almost two years late with this question. Do you have some point you're trying to make in asking it?

(And the answer is no, he most likely wasn't.)

Chavis' friend of 30+ years just got fired and he's going to hang around and coach with the next staff (and under the AD that fired CPF)? Really hard to see that happening

I don't believe Chavis ever wanted to be a HC anyway and he didn't recruit

this :)

VN Store

Back