Did Filipowski get what he deserved?

Please explain….
Well one is a basketball game. 94 feet. Easy court access for the students to run directly at the players. The “incident” happened in a matter of seconds in the middle of the floor w/ multiple people running directly at the player.

Trey Burton, wearing a football uniform w/ pads on, on a 120 yard field made the decision to smack a female as he was leaving the field.

Tell me how they’re similar .

Well one is a basketball game. 94 feet. Easy court access for the students to run directly at the players. The “incident” happened in a matter of seconds in the middle of the floor w/ multiple people running directly at the player.

Trey Burton, wearing a football uniform w/ pads on, on a 120 yard field made the decision to smack a female as he was leaving the field.

Tell me how they’re similar .
Almost exactly the same. Fans in a place they had no business being.

No matter how you try to spin it.

Almost exactly the same. Fans in a place they had no business being.

No matter how you try to spin it.
You didn’t seem concerned about this before the Duke player faked his injury after trying to trip and push a WF student. Were you concerned when Duke students stormed the court in the past? Were you concerned when the Duke player intentionally tripped other players on purpose?

Reactions: MountainDooley
You didn’t seem concerned about this before the Duke player faked his injury after trying to trip and push a WF student. Were you concerned when Duke students stormed the court in the past? Were you concerned when the Duke player intentionally tripped other players on purpose?

Attachments

• IMG_4506.jpeg
    IMG_4506.jpeg
    51.4 KB · Views: 0
After watching basketball for 50 plus years, I'm convinced Duke players take flopping/fictum 101,201,301,401 in order to graduate

Reactions: OrangeVolMan
SP

I don't understand why both things can't be true. He was absolutely trying to trip and push the fan and schools need to do more to stop court storming. Being 100% honest I would say the same thing if it was a Vol that tried to trip another schools fan and got his leg banged up. jmo
I agree. My point was Filipowski said the fan deliberately tried to harm him, probably to get sympathy. I really don't have a problem with Filipowski going at the fan, but blaming the fan for his injury was just plain wrong and petty. He inflicted the injury upon himself.

Agree, but according to the Duke basketball/UT football "fans" on VN, your eyes are playing tricks on you and you are just saying this because you have a hatred for Duke
Nope. I admire Duke. Greatest basketball program of the last 30 years. My fav basketball program after the Vols. Love to see them smack down UNC.

People today want to whine about everything. Storming courts/fields has been happening since the sport started.

I was at the game, in Knoxville in Bruce Pearl's first season (2005-2006) when Tennessee fans stormed the court after beating #2 Florida. I would have done it had I not been so far up and the girl that I went to the game with wasn't so boring about it.

We stormed the field in 1998 and 2022 at Neyland. It happens. I remember UGA and LSU storming the field in 2000 when they beat Tennessee.

Only the last 2 years have people/media started to whine about it.

He seemed to make a miraculous recovery last night lol
He never claimed serious injury. He was never expected to miss time. He claimed his knee got banged up, that was it. But I know first hand from your and most others in this thread that reading and actually knowing the facts is very very difficult for y’all

You really are wearing some seriously tinted glasses. Or have bad cataracts. Please don’t ever drive the roads I’m on
I think you are the one wearing tinted glasses they are blue though. He stuck his leg out plan and simple. Tried to act like he was injuried badly and players/coaches had to help him off the court. What a drama queen. He wasn’t hurt badly but he sure tried to look like he was. I think it was his feelings that were hurt. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, no one cared about this until it involved Duke and Duke tried to act like a student did it on purpose which is not true and they know it.

I think you are the one wearing tinted glasses they are blue though. He stuck his leg out plan and simple. Tried to act like he was injuried badly and players/coaches had to help him off the court. What a drama queen. He wasn’t hurt badly but he sure tried to look like he was. I think it was his feelings that were hurt. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, no one cared about this until it involved Duke and Duke tried to act like a student did it on purpose which is not true and they know it.
I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again, this had been talked about for months on end, but I can’t read good nor do I listen so I’m going to say it again, it just now became a thing

I'll join the fray.

I don't think most people can judge what it's like to be on foreign soil when a bunch of celebrants come rushing in a sea of humanity. They call it "storming" the field for a reason. I don't care if it's Lilliputians rushing at you, it's understandable if you are scared. All you chauvinist a-holes that criticized Burton because he says he was afraid of a cute blond woman in the moment...need to check your values. It's not her, it's 50,000 of Hers and Hims, and you're exhausted and not acting perfectly logical behind a keyboard. There's a rich body of literature on this.

Filipowski obviously initiated contact. That doesn't mean the other guy was right. Don't be stupid. If he'd been a cute sorority gal, many people would flip allegiances. The two situations have more similarities than differences.

Where are the people who called for Burton to be charged with assault? Filipowski obviously steps forward into the fan running past him, while also hitting him high with a forearm shiver.

Last edited:
....He was never expected to miss time....
You invent false "facts." “Seldom right, but never in doubt."

Steve Wiseman (a Duke beat writer in North Carolina) reported Monday morning that Coach Scheyer said the full extent of Filipowski's "apparent injury" was still unclear. "I’m not sure if he’s able to practice yet,” Scheyer said. That means he was expected to possibly "miss time."

Wiseman published a second story Monday afternoon stating that "Filipowski’s availability" for the Wednesday game "remains uncertain."

To my knowledge the first word that Filipowski was not "expected to miss time" was not until 12:28 pm ET on Wednesday game day (the fifth day of the made for television drama) when basketball reporter Adam Zagori tweeted that "Filipowski is expected to play tonight @DukeMBB, per source"
He never claimed serious injury....
He didn't have to. He let his body language and facial expressions, the fact that he seemed to need a large group of people to carry him to the locker room (since he presented as unable to walk on his own power), and the continual cries and shrieks about his "injury" by his coach and the media make the claim for him. Insofar as I know, he never corrected the ongoing hysteria about his injury with news that it was, in fact, (as you claim) very minor. He let the injury story run.
He claimed his knee got banged up, that was it.
Please let me know where Filipowski said this. It would have been strange in the context of the media repeating for days on end that he was "injured." I must have missed it. TIA

Last edited:
You invent false "facts." “Seldom right, but never in doubt."

Steve Wiseman (a Duke beat writer in North Carolina) reported Monday morning that Coach Scheyer said the full extent of Filipowski's "apparent injury" was still unclear. "I’m not sure if he’s able to practice yet,” Scheyer said. That means he was expected to possibly "miss time."

Wiseman published a second story Monday afternoon stating that "Filipowski’s availability" for the Wednesday game "remains uncertain."

To my knowledge the first word that Filipowski was not "expected to miss time" was not until 12:28 pm ET on Wednesday game day (the fifth day of the made for television drama) when basketball reporter Adam Zagori tweeted that "Filipowski is expected to play tonight @DukeMBB, per source"

He didn't have to. He let his body language and facial expressions, the fact that he seemed to need a large group of people to carry him to the locker room (since he presented as unable to walk on his own power), and the continual cries and shrieks about his "injury" by his coach and the media make the claim for him. Insofar as I know, he never corrected the ongoing hysteria about his injury with news that it was, in fact, (as you claim) very minor. He let the injury story run.

Please let me know where Filipowski said this. It would have been strange in the context of the media repeating for days on end that he was "injured." I must have missed it. TIA
Just stop. I know you’re a bored troll

It’s not. But you can’t Google well good, and that’s not my problem
I read the articles, bruh. You're the one with unsubstantiated claims announced as "facts." I proved you wrong on your first two claims and asked you to show me your source on the third. But you've got nothing.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back