Did Filipowski get what he deserved?

LAVol1

Looks like he stuck out his foot to trip the Wake fan (who is giving him the bird). Filipowski said afterward he thought the Wake guy took him out intentionally. I think he's trying to play the victim when he's the perp! Bad sportsmanship on both guys parts. IMG_3770.jpeg

Looks like he stuck out his foot to trip the Wake fan (who is giving him the bird). Filipowski said afterward he thought the Wake guy took him out intentionally. I think he's trying to play the victim when he's the perp! Bad sportsmanship on both guys parts. View attachment 622724
It also looks a lot like walking. Perhaps watching the video instead of a screen capture would clear up your confusion.

Looks like he stuck out his foot to trip the Wake fan (who is giving him the bird). Filipowski said afterward he thought the Wake guy took him out intentionally. I think he's trying to play the victim when he's the perp! Bad sportsmanship on both guys parts. View attachment 622724
GTFOOHWTBS…he was walking and the Wake student ran straight through him.

He stuck his elbow out towards the fan.
Don’t know if he tried to intentionally trip said fan or not, but I bet he won’t try that again 👍
They’ll probably come up with something moving forward to discourage fans from storming the court, but there’s no rule against it in the ACC as of now.
The Dook coach whining is laughable…

Reactions: UT_Dutchman
If he was walking, he was goose-stepping. 😂 And only does it once, exactly when extending his leg would trip the fan. Before he gets to the guy that he trips, he was walking normally: bending at the knee. If you look at the other angle (but alas you cannot see it enlarged like the view that is now presented as the standard view) you see the following. F sees the person he collides with in advance, he deviates slightly from his path, not pausing for the guy to on, but changes course to walk straight toward the fan. He braces for contact well before he gets to fan: he sees him and plans to make contact with him. (Had he simply paused, the fan would have run right past.) And when F gets close enough, he lifts his leg with his knee straight for the purpose of tripping him. Then gives him a slight shove in the back in the direction the fan would fall if he were tripped (falling forward).

Pretty sure he was pulling a "Grayson Allen" and it backfired on him.

This is difficult to see because the video that is being provided now is deceptive. I don't see how that cannot be intentional. It has been trimmed at exactly the right place to exclude how he was walking before, that he saw the fan well in advance, and that he headed straight to him. You almost cannot see the interaction of the two at all in the video that has become standard. What you see instead is mostly the two of them falling and then someone rushing in to get F.

Last edited:
The Wake fan should not be on the court
You are talking about what will likely be the rule (and the "should") after the event, not the rules -- and the tradition celebrated by networks and sports fans on a regular and long-time basis -- at the actual time of the event.

CBS was celebrating this one -- until they weren't.

Last edited:
No he didn’t.

The fan was running at full speed and plowed through the Duke kid.
I don't think you understand geometry. The fan would have completely missed the player had the player not goose stepped his leg out to trip the guy. The guy definitely deserved it because he was taunting the player but the player was walking slowly and looking right at the fan all the way. The player tripped the fan on purpose unless you can come up with video that shows the player's eyes were completely shut.

Currie had to release a statement, bc in the end it falls on his administration to provide safety for the opposing teams players, coaches and staff, as well as their own players, coaches etc..They failed to do that. It was a 4 point game with 1. 8 seconds left . Barring a miracle of stupidity from Wake, the game was over . Duke called timeout after the lead was pushed to 4 by the Wake ft’s. There was plenty of time between the free throws and the in bounds pass that concluded the game for Wake officials to address the crowd, for stadium officials to form some sort of a perimeter to allow a celebration on the floor to happen, while simultaneously giving Duke players and staff a chance to exit w/o incident . That didn’t happen, or it certainly wasn’t enforced. So here we are having a conversation whether a kid got what he deserved because a bunch of idiots rushed directly at him and put him in a tough position. Y’all need to stop acting like this is the same as the Bama incident. It’s not even close. There’s an obvious agenda .

I don't think you understand geometry. The fan would have completely missed the player had the player not goose stepped his leg out to trip the guy. The guy definitely deserved it because he was taunting the player but the player was walking slowly and looking right at the fan all the way. The player tripped the fan on purpose unless you can come up with video that shows the player's eyes were completely shut.
And maybe that "goose step" was him jutting his leg out to stop his momentum when he saw the rush. Same can be true of the elbow. Anyone stepping into a crosswalk and seeing a car about to hit them might make the same moves.

Slo-mo can be deceptive. It's interesting to watch the live action vs slow motion, back and forth.

I don't have a dog in this fight. I watched the live action and thought it was accidental, watched the slo-mo and thought "huh", then the live action again. People are going to believe what they want to believe, I guess.

While I'm tired of hearing about it, saying someone deserves what he gets because he wears a uniform of a bluebood in the sport is a little much,and the definition of letting fandom cloud your judgment. I understand fandom,but come on now... He ran full force into Flipowski.

And maybe that "goose step" was him jutting his leg out to stop his momentum when he saw the rush. Same can be true of the elbow. Anyone stepping into a crosswalk and seeing a car about to hit them might make the same moves.

Slo-mo can be deceptive. It's interesting to watch the live action vs slow motion, back and forth.

I don't have a dog in this fight. I watched the live action and thought it was accidental, watched the slo-mo and thought "huh", then the live action again. People are going to believe what they want to believe, I guess.
This is true as well.

Reactions: VolFaninFla

VN Store

Back