Did Filipowski get what he deserved?

For those who have followed this thread, please note.

CBS uses a screenshot to indicate the decisive moment at the top of its story. Yet instead of answering the matter of what I presented in the same way when Filipowski intentionally tripped the kid running on to the court at WF and then faked a knee injury, many (and the loudest) in this thread avoided the substance of what I was showing by shouting down with mockery the use of still photos evidence as ignorant beyond belief. That was a dodge.
Screen Shot 2024-03-11 at 5.49.52 PM.png
Then CBS presents the video, once the reader is oriented by the decisive moment in the still. This is what I advocated the last time Filipowski did basically this same thing.

I never said that the stills without reference to the video could be substituted for video entirely. That was a false, ridiculous, and intentional way to avoid the substance of what I showed.

I'll not repeat here in detail the way that ESPN's compilation video of the previous Filipowski tripping incident at Wake was edited in a distorting way. Important parts of what happened were omitted and the time was out of sequence. That made the use of stills particularly necessary.

Last edited:

CBS uses a screenshot to indicate the decisive moment at the top of its story. Yet instead of answering the matter of what I presented in the same way when Filipowski intentionally tripped the kid running on to the court at WF and then faked a knee injury, many (and the loudest) in this thread avoided the substance of what I was showing by shouting down with mockery the use of still photos evidence as ignorant beyond belief. That was a dodge.
View attachment 626498
Then CBS presents the video, once the reader is oriented by the decisive moment in the still. This is what I advocated the last time Filipowski did basically this same thing.

I never said that the stills without reference to the video could be substituted for video entirely. That was a false, ridiculous, and intentional way to avoid the substance of what I showed.

I'll not repeat here in detail the way that ESPN's compilation video of the previous Filipowski tripping incident at Wake was edited in a distorting way. Important parts of what happened were omitted and the time was out of sequence. That made the use of stills particularly necessary.

Back and to the left. Back and to the left . Back and to the left
IMG_3457.jpeg

View attachment 626498

First, I don’t think he intentionally tripped anyone in the WF situation. I never saw any evidence that showed that. And, given that he had hundreds of students rushing him at once with some being overly aggressive in his face, he deserved some grace with being thrown into that. I thought the knee thing was overblown from the beginning, but again, the situation should’ve never happened to begin with.

Second, you have given the UNC tripping incident way too much thought. Why do you care this much? He tripped the guy. Intentionally. It was a punk move. He made it worse by lying about it. I get it… but we all saw the same thing. I don’t see any Duke fans condoning any of it. Who are you trying to convince?

:rolleyes: Flopowski tripped both of them (at WF and vs UNC) and faked the same injury both times. And then two miraculous healings. He's a walking tent revival.

You guys are all Duke fans and trolls on a Tennessee board, trying to shout down, mock, and silence anyone who has no dog in the fight and who disagrees with you. You've ignored every point in the thread that challenged the mainstream version of events. Just like you just now ignored that your trollish mocking of the very idea of a still photo (in combo with video) was one of your "major" Duke-fan points in the thread). That was your obvious way of tricking others (and prolly yourselves) into ignoring what the stills showed. And see how you have just now averted your eyes from my point yet again?

And now you're playing the "why do you care, anyway" card. 😂 We know why you care. You're Duke fans. You're biased. And, by the way, if you thought the first injury was faked (as you now say) I never saw you say it until Filipowski repeating his fake embarrassed you. Why can't you just let it go?

Last edited:
Reactions: EasternVol
:rolleyes: Flopowski tripped both of them (at WF and vs UNC) and faked the same injury both times. And then two miraculous healings. He's a walking tent revival.

You guys are all Duke fans and trolls on a Tennessee board, trying to shout down, mock, and silence anyone who has no dog in the fight and who disagrees with you. You've ignored every point in the thread that challenged the mainstream version of events. Just like you just now ignored that your trollish mocking of the very idea of a still photo (in combo with video) was one of your "major" Duke-fan points in the thread). That was your obvious way of tricking others (and prolly yourselves) into ignoring what the stills showed. And see how you have just now averted your eyes from my point yet again?

And now you're playing the "why do you care, anyway" card. 😂 We know why you care. You're Duke fans. You're biased. And, by the way, if you thought the first injury was faked (as you now say) I never saw you say it until Filipowski repeating his fake embarrassed you. Why can't you just let it go?
Alrighty then, knock yourself out.

Duke's always got to have that one punk guy
Meh, not really. They’ve had a few. Grayson Allen is the most obvious. And now Flip. Some would say Laettner, but he was anything but soft. Ask Shaq or the Fab 5. He liked to screw with people (e.g., the “stomp” on Timberlake in the ‘92 classic with UK). I wasn’t an Austin Rivers fan but not sure if he was a punk in that sense. As with most things with Duke, it feels like more bc of how much attention they get.

Is this guy for real or is he just ****ing w/ us?
I just wanted to express my view without being mobbed and trolled. Y'all were the ones ****ing with me, imo.

It was confusing until I realized you were all Duke fans, despite your names. Trying to figure out how I -- of all people -- could be called a troll by Bill is what made me realize that you guys weren't Vol fans. I went over and checked your thread out, and there was the whole squad. 😂 Which is fine. You must have thought (by habit) that you were still in your Duke/UNC thread and I had invaded your lair to provoke you. I'm not like that. I was in the place where Vol fans discuss events around the NCAA. It was the only thread on the topic, although I said twice that the thread title was wrong imo. That you never did even attempt to understand what I was explaining was a clear case of contempt prior to investigation imo. But I'm not upset. I don't expect a fair hearing, now that I know you're not Vol fans. 😂
Hard to say. To have put this much time and energy into it, I’d lean toward him being for real.
Real and spectacular, my friend. No hard feelings.

Last edited:
I just wanted to express my view without being mobbed and trolled. Y'all were the ones ****ing with me, imo.

It was confusing until I realized you were all Duke fans, despite your names. Trying to figure out how I -- of all people -- could be called a troll by Bill is what made me realize that you guys weren't Vol fans. I went over and checked your thread out, and there was the whole squad. 😂 Which is fine. You must have thought (by habit) that you were still in your Duke/UNC thread and I had invaded your lair to provoke you. I'm not like that. I was in the place where Vol fans discuss events around the NCAA. It was the only thread on the topic, although I said twice that the thread title was wrong imo. That you never did even attempt to understand what I was explaining was a clear case of contempt prior to investigation imo. But I'm not upset. I don't expect a fair hearing, now that I know you're not Vol fans. 😂

Real and spectacular, my friend. No hard feelings.
There’s not really a need for a hearing . Nobody seems to care about this topic as much as you do. There’s nothing I’m going to say that hasn’t already been mentioned to you by other posters, especially since the UNC game.

You can question my loyalties all you want. It happens every March, and at this point I’m not going to explain myself or my fandom to you or anyone else. You can visit previous threads about Duke/UNC and find any explanations you want there. If you find my explanation to be sufficient to qualify as a Vol, cool. If not, I really DGAF.

Reactions: Volfan8282
There’s not really a need for a hearing . Nobody seems to care about this topic as much as you do. There’s nothing I’m going to say that hasn’t already been mentioned to you by other posters, especially since the UNC game.

You can question my loyalties all you want. It happens every March, and at this point I’m not going to explain myself or my fandom to you or anyone else. You can visit previous threads about Duke/UNC and find any explanations you want there. If you find my explanation to be sufficient to qualify as a Vol, cool. If not, I really DGAF.
I did not question your loyalties. I identified your loyalties. You and your posse were in a panic to circle the wagons for your homeboy.

You're not telling the truth that nobody else "cared" as much. The whole pack of you swarmed like angry bees in the WF instance. Also your own thread was full of you guys talking about the second time Trippy Flippy did his thing vs UNC. "Caring too much" is simply your latest dodge and rhetorical play to avoid the facts. Everybody except your homies sees that it's a dodge.

I posted exactly 2 tweets about the second incident vs UNC. Count all the posts in your own thread on that same subject: a dozen or more?! Two dozen? You guys care too much.

What set you off this time in reality was me posting separately -- not about your homeboy -- but about how CBS used still photos or freeze frames in supplement to video in the UNC case. Why? Because your angry little bee posse had cared so much and had no answer to what I showed you by means of freeze frames about events leading up to the collision in the WF case, that you resorted exclusively to ridiculing as "ignorant" and "ridiculous" what also turns out to be CBS's own best idea. Does CBS care too much? Nobody of intelligence falls for your dodges.

I really don't really blame you for being irritated that Tripowski repeated his behavior this past weekend and that everyone (even the slow) (even your own thread) caught on this time. But it has nothing to do with my post that set y'all off again -- which was exclusively about freeze frames. Why can't you discern the difference? I thought you Dukies were supposed to be the "smart" guys. 😂 You poorly represent your team.

As to your telling suggestion, I already read your thread, to see who in the world thought that calling out Fake-owski on a Vols site was "trolling." I told you that in my last post, but you (and your pack) seriously struggle with reading comprehension. I thought some of yall's reminiscences about growing up in NC were touching. I even liked one of them on principle. I'm not mad at you or your pack. I was merely informing you that your "go to" freeze-frame retort is deficient.

Stop hounding me, bruh. If you really DGAF, you would knock it off.

Last edited:
I did not question your loyalties. I identified your loyalties. You and your posse were in a panic to circle the wagons for your homeboy.

You're not telling the truth that nobody else "cared" as much. The whole pack of you swarmed like angry bees in the WF instance. Also your own thread was full of you guys talking about the second time Trippy Flippy did his thing vs UNC. "Caring too much" is simply your latest dodge and rhetorical play to avoid the facts. Everybody except your homies sees that it's a dodge.

I posted exactly 2 tweets about the second incident vs UNC. Count all the posts in your own thread on that same subject: a dozen or more?! Two dozen? You guys care too much.

What set you off this time in reality was me posting separately -- not about your homeboy -- but about how CBS used still photos or freeze frames in supplement to video. Why? Because your angry little bee posse had cared so much and had no answer to what I showed you by means of freeze frames about events leading up to the collision and the initiation of contactthat you ridiculed what also turns out to also be CBS's idea as your only response. You didn't want to deal with independent evidence from CBS Sports when it became available as pertains to my earlier posts, so you went yet back to rhetorical sneering and trying to shame me into silence. Nobody of intelligence falls for that dodge.

I really don't really blame you for being irritated that Tripowski repeated his behavior this past weekend and that everyone (even the slow) (even your own thread) caught on this time. But it has nothing to do with my post that set y'all off again -- which was exclusively about freeze frames. Why can't you discern the difference? I thought you Dukies were supposed to be the "smart" guys. 😂 You poorly represent your team.

As to your strange suggestion, I already read your thread to see who thought that calling out Fake-owski on a Vols site was "trolling." I already told you that in my last post, but you (and your pack) seriously struggle with reading comprehension. I thought some of yall's reminiscences about growing up in NC were touching. I even liked one of them on principle. I'm not mad at you or your pack. I was merely informing you that your "go to" freeze-frame retort is deficient.

Stop hounding me, bruh. If you really DGAF, you would knock it off.
Good for you. I don’t care even if you were mad bruh. I wasn’t avoiding your video evidence of the Wake game. I was making fun of your Zapruder film like obsession w/ breaking down the postgame court storming. Carry on.

Good for you. I don’t care even if you were mad bruh. I wasn’t avoiding your video evidence of the Wake game. I was making fun of your Zapruder film like obsession w/ breaking down the postgame court storming. Carry on.
You did and still are avoiding what I was showing you. Attempting to justify that by mockery may be popular with your homies, but it was and is easy to see through. What other evidence do you suggest one could point to? I am satisfied with you having perfectly concluded by identifying your position and methods with the integrity of the Warren Commission.

Best wishes to you.

Last edited:

I'm no Duke fan and what I saw was a guy trying to get off the court with a throng of idiots running toward him when one ran into him.

The guy may actually be a dick, but it doesn't mean everything he does is a dick move.

You appear way to invested and overly emotional over this and makes one wonder why....

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
I'm no Duke fan and what I saw was a guy trying to get off the court with a throng of idiots running toward him when one ran into him.

The guy may actually be a dick, but it doesn't mean everything he does is a dick move.

You appear way to invested and overly emotional over this and makes one wonder why....
Orange just loves to hear the sound of his own voice.

VN Store

Back