Destiny

i liked it pretty good. it seemed more like a beta than an alpha. i wish i had got to play a little more. i got owned too on the 6 v 6.

i liked it pretty good. it seemed more like a beta than an alpha. i wish i had got to play a little more. i got owned too on the 6 v 6.

Yep, kind of frustrating when you get the drop on someone and start hitting them first and then they crush you lol.

I will probably play 6v6 when it comes out, but for some reason I really loved exploring earth and killing enemies with other people.

Is the open world a GTAV size or greater? I am a sucker to open world games.

That's the great thing about Destiny. It's not just open world, it's open WORLDS! There will be several planets you can travel to and explore and I'm sure more will be added over time via DLC.

Reactions: 1 person
For the people that complained about Perter Dinklage's voice acting in the game:

Bungie tweeted that it would update the voice acting twice before release.

Bungie : News

Limited Edition – $99.99

limited.jpg

•Limited Edition SteelBook™ Case and Game Disc
•Guardian Folio, containing:
•“Arms and Armament” Field Guide: Many believe the weapons and armor featured in this record are a myth. You will learn the truth.
•Postcards from the Golden Age: Our worlds have been claimed by our enemies. Now, it’s time to take them back.
•Antique Star Chart: Explore the wild frontiers of our solar system. Discover all that we have lost.
•Collector’s Edition Digital Content: The City has provided you with a cache of items to start you on your journey, including:
•A Unique Ghost Casing
•An Exclusive Player Emblem
•An Exclusive Player Ship Skin
•Includes the Destiny Expansion Pass*

Ghost Edition – $149.99

fI04Cfx.png

ghost.jpg

•Limited Edition SteelBook™ Case and Game Disc
•Ghost Replica: This is your motion-sensing Ghost, featuring lights and audio from the game. May it lead you through the Darkness.
•Letter of Introduction: These worlds were once ours. If you accept your destiny, you will be asked to do the impossible.
•Golden Age Relics, which include a Patch, Sticker, and two Chrome slides of the Traveler
•Guardian Folio, containing:
•“Arms and Armament” Field Guide: Many believe the weapons and armor featured in this record are a myth. -You will learn the truth.
•Postcards from the Golden Age: Our worlds have been claimed by our enemies. Now, it’s time to take them back.
•Antique Star Chart: Explore the wild frontiers of our solar system. Discover all that we have lost.
•Collector’s Edition Digital Content: The City has also provided you with a cache of items to start you on your journey, including:
•A Unique Ghost Casing
•Includes the Destiny Expansion Pass*

Digital Guardian Edition – $89.99

•Digital Download of Destiny
•Early access to Vanguard Armory and Player Emblem pre-order bonus
•Reservation for two upcoming Destiny Expansions, “The Dark Below” and “House of Wolves,” featuring:
•Brand new story missions
•Cooperative and competitive multiplayer arenas
•A wealth of all new weapons, armor, and gear to earn
•Collector’s Edition Digital Content: The City has also provided you with a cache of items to start you on your journey, including:
•A Unique Ghost Casing

Destiny Expansion Pass – $34.99

“Expand your Destiny adventure with brand new story missions, cooperative activities, competitive multiplayer arenas, and all wealth of all new weapons, armor, and gear to earn. The Destiny Expansion Pass includes Destiny Expansion I: ‘The Dark Below’ and Destiny Expansion II: ‘House of Wolves.’ In ‘The Dark Below,’ you’ll discover an ancient tomb has been unsealed. Beneath the surface of the Moon, a dark god has answered centuries of prayer, and a dark army has risen. Explore the true depths of the Hellmouth. Stop the dark Hive ritual and survive.”

Downloaded it yesterday (took less than an hour) and only got a chance to play for a couple of hours.

I decided to be a hunter because I like the double jump. Here's my quick impressions.

1.) Graphically, I'd say it's looks like a polished PS3 or 360 game. It's not going to blow you away by any means but considering that it's a cross-gen MMO-type game, it's well within what I would consider the "good enough" threshold.

2.) Gameplay is fairly straight forward. It doesn't really break any new ground and you can definitely tell that Bungie is leaning on it's strengths and Halo experience (perhaps a little too much). However the mechanics are tight and they work well. No complaints here whatsoever.

3.) I experienced zero lag and zero crashes, which surprised me. Even at Beta this game seems to be pretty darn polished.

4.) Loot isn't as bountiful as I had hoped. After playing for a couple of hours I found maybe 4 loot cases.

5.) Leveling up seems to happen at a reasonable click. I managed to reach level 4 after only a couple of hours.

6.) The "speeder bike" vehicles are cool but I want to be able to engage enemies while riding it. Is there not a way to do this?

7.) The character creation isn't as robust as I had hoped. It's definitely no Elder Scrolls.

8.) Your "Ghost" companion is cool but I wish it was more like the "OWL" in Killzone where it can assist you during combat.

9.) Just like in Halo, the melee attack is way too strong IMO as is the hand gun.

10.) Game is more challenging than I expected. I died a lot.

So far my impression is that the game is GOOD, if a little underwhelming. I'm not sure what I expected but at this point, everything about the game feels a little too "been there done that." However I'm not giving up on the game. I think the story is interesting and I want to explore more areas. However based on the parts of the game that I've played so far, I would rate it somewhere in the neighborhood of 6.5 or 7 out of 10.

I am ready for the full game. Downloaded the Beta last night, played only the first mission. Hoping to put some time in tonight.

Reminds me a little of borderlands. Ive already reached higheat rank in beta which is 8. Took me about 3 hours of play. Pretty badass game imo i love it. There should be more custimazation in the full game

I've still got the 2 beta activation codes for PS4 if anyone is looking for one. Send me a message on PSN (Sublime321) and I'll message you the code. 1st come 1st serve.

I'll go ahead and post mine as well...if its gone when you go to download, its gone...sorry.

9BGQ-8DNL-FTNK
HFTN-7CN2-75EL

I've got a couple as well...

Voucher Code for PS4: 95ED-KMNA-D2BF
Voucher Code for PS3: NG2B-EBNN-CCHJ

I can't wait for this game to be released. Love the beta. What is frustrating is this game is only 30fps. We won't see full next gen until these companies start abandoning the last gen (ps3/xbox 360).

I can't wait for this game to be released. Love the beta. What is frustrating is this game is only 30fps. We won't see full next gen until these companies start abandoning the last gen (ps3/xbox 360).

2015 will be a big leap. BF4 has gotten me spoiled with the 60FPS.

After playing the game more and maxing my character out for the beta, I have to say the game is deceptively addictive. Like I've said before, it's not like the game breaks completely new ground on anything in particular. It's just that what it does, it does extremely well and even in beta form is a highly polished experience. Right now my main nit pick is that I still think the game is too thin on loot boxes and thus far it's more action-y and less explorative and rpg. I'm hoping there will be more to uncover. More hidden caves, more looting, etc. I like the action too but I was hoping for a more perfect balance like in Elder Scrolls. Right now the scales tip a little too heavily in favor of action over exploration/adventure/rpg for my taste.

So far I am LOVING the beta.

It's definitely Halo-like. You can certainly tell it's a Bungie game. It looks like a Bungie game, it plays like a Bungie game, it feels like a Bungie game, etc. It's overly innovative, it's just that what the game does, it does EXTREMELY well and even in beta form is a highly polished experience. Game play mechanics are spot on. The controls are extremely intuitive. Graphically the game looks really good, especially considering it's cross-gen and an MMO type of game. It's not "Uncharted 4" good but it looks really good all things considered. Also, interaction with other players are seamless. Bungie was not lying when they said you could play this game like a single player experience despite the online connection requirement. You can be the "lone wolf" and do everything on your own or you can fight with other players. Sometimes it's better to fight with others because there are some missions that are extremely difficult to pull off on your own. I fought a mechanical walker last night and it took me almost an hour to beat it by myself. If I had help we would have destroyed it sooner. Oh and I have to applaud Bungie. Even in beta form, after playing 4 straight days extensively I have experienced zero lag, zero crashes, zero boot outs, etc. I'm amazed at how highly polished the game is, even in beta form.

Oh and the "Sparrow" speeder bike is the coolest! You can traverse the territory so much faster than on foot! The one you get at first doesn't allow you to shoot from it but I'm pretty sure upgraded versions do have guns mounted on them. However getting on and off of them is extremely easy. I've driven mine right up to a nest of Fallens, hopped right off and immediately started firing.

Right now my main two nit pick with the beta are

1.) It's far more action and less explorative/ rpg. I'm hoping there will be more to uncover. More hidden caves, more looting, etc. Don't get me wrong, I love the action too but I was hoping for a more perfect balance like in Elder Scrolls. Right now the scales tip a little too heavily in favor of action over exploration/adventure/rpg for my taste but that very well may change with the full game. The beta only gives you access to a small portion of the game play in.

2.) The character creation/customization isn't quite as meaty as I was hoping. It's certainly no Elder Scrolls in this department. You get like 15 face types, 15 hair styles (no facial hair options, 10 skin color choices, etc.) You're fairly limited on your character customization. Maybe the full game with give you more character options.

After playing extensively over the last few days, I really do believe that this game might render Halo obsolete. It basically IS Halo without Master Chief and on a much bigger scale. After playing this game and understanding the scale, the diversity, the size of the universe that Bungie has created I cannot imagine even really needing to play Halo anymore. I'll probably still pick up Master Chief collection for posterity but I can't see myself going back to that very much after playing Destiny.

Last edited:
Yesterday, I get a ps4 along with the destiny beta.

Setup the ps4.

Startup the beta.

Maintenance until Wednesday.

Fuuuuuuuuuu

VN Store

Back