Denver opens as 3.5 underdog to Carolina

look, i think Denver's D is legit. they can win this game. but our Defense doesn't suck. and we were able to get to Palmer last night and force tons of mistakes on their part. not saying we're going to force that many turnovers, but, i think we can get similar pressure on Manning.

if we can stop the run, which we've been solid against all season, and put Manning in predictable 3rd and 6,7+ down and distance....then it's a bad match up for them.

strength on strength when Carolina O and Denver D is on the field....strength on weakness when our D and Denver's O is on the field.

What was the line when Denver played Seattle? I know the public was big on Denver and their explosive offense.

What happened to that offense ? It was only 2 years ago - the RBs now are not very good and it seems the WRs drop alot of easy catches and the OL well... (Dooley didnt recruit anyone)bf

Already up to -5.5... Everyone is seeing this is not a good matchup for Denver. I expect this to be around -8 or -9 by kickoff

Could be a sucker line.

Everybody jumped on the Pats, too, except the smart money. I hope the public runs it up to 20 for the Panthers. Vegas has a way of coming out on top in these things.

What happened to that offense ? It was only 2 years ago - the RBs now are not very good and it seems the WRs drop alot of easy catches and the OL well... (Dooley didnt recruit anyone)bf

1. While the O line was bad in 2013, it is significantly worse now. Affects the running and passing games.

2. As bad as we hate to say it, the QBs body is breaking down and he is not the same player.

Surprised it opened that close. Carolina is playing lights out right now. Denver will have to be on their A Game to beat them, on both sides of the ball.

I'm Denver Broncos all the way but even with their D, I'm not sure they can stop Cam and Co. They'll slow them down, but Peyton is going to need to channel his younger self for them to win.

Both defs are great, they cancel each other out. It's going to be the better offense who wins the day here. And that makes me worried

Agreed.

This is going to be a tough matchup for Peytons Broncos. Hopefully the D will have a magical game, and Peyton gets help from the WRs. The Broncos can't afford to end drives with dropped balls like they did in the Steelers game. Man it will be awesome ending for the best QB to ever play the game! Plus we get a bonus, with Collquit being a Bronco.

CZmQbHJWEAEV_9T.jpg

Hate to say it, but this one will end up like Peyton's last college game.

It could, but I don't think so. Everything has gone Carolina's way this postseason. Let's see if Denver D can get off to a good start and impose some adversity on Scam and Company.

I wouldn't concede anything just yet. Now, if Carolina jumps out quickly like they did against Seattle and Arizona, then it will most likely will get ugly.

The longer this game stays competitive, the more in swings in Denver's favor IMO.

Why are people saying this? Arizona had 7 turnovers last night and their defense was horrid. I would be shocked if Denver performs like Arizona did.

And if the same Denver defense that played the Steelers shows up, then the Broncos are doomed. Denvers defense is scary good but can be inconsistent at times. They will have to play a near perfect game against Carolina. Newton is not a statue like Brady. Will be a very stiff test for the Denver D.

On the flip side, Denvers offense doesnt really bring anything that Carolina hasnt seen this season. I know Peyton will start but this is end of career Peyton. Had this been the 2013 Manning, then I would be much more confident.

Denver's problem is that it HAS to have a great defensive performance to win this game--but then the Bronco's defense has been excellent all year. Cam presents problems that no other QB does: he's so damn big and mobile he is not easy to get down, and he's got a cannon for an arm. The team that scores first has won 32 Super Bowls and lost 16--2-1 margin. Scoring first is huge as it give the scoring team a big confidence boost and I think it puts a huge amount of pressure on the team that goes behind--more so than in any other game because the stakes are so high, and that pressure can tend to make things worse for a lot of teams. And Denver simply doesn't have enough offensive firepower to come back from too far down this year. The Broncos offense tends to play well early in games--first half--and then fade; that has been the case more often than not. Look at yesterday--3 points in the second half. It is astounding that they beat the Pat scoring only 3 second half points. I think if Denver can score first and generally play well early, Carolina, which has been winning easily, might start to feel the pressure rather than vice versa. But it is going to be hard to score on Carolina. Would love to see PM have a strong game.

Broncos have been pretty stagnant on offense all season. Their defense literally carried them to the Super Bowl. For the Broncos to have a chance, Peyton will have to be the game manager and come up clutch but the run game will be deciding factor.

It stinks because Peyton is clearly not the person he was two years ago or the guy he was at the first half of the season of last year. If anyone deserves another ring it's Peyton. If he loses, he might try one more year but I think if he wins, this will be it. Ray Lewis went out on top and I hope Manning gets to experience the same.

I think the defenses are 6s. The key will be Denvers receivers reading the hot route and being open for Peyton. Otherwise it will be Seattle all over, and Peyton will look as bad a Brady did yesterday. If he can get the ball out of his hands quickly, they have a chance. I hope he goes out on top and rides off into the Bright Orange sunset..

Denver is better than Seattle. Seattle came back from 31 down and had a shot to win in the second half on the road. Had Carroll kicked the FG in the first half that game would been even closer.

Neutral site. PM and many of the Broncos have been on that stage recently. Discounting what their D can do against Cam is foolish IMO. They are so quick in the front 4 and Malik can push the pocket back so well, Cam will be making quicker decisions than he is used to doing. Brady has always played that way, Cam hasn't. Thomas Davis has a broken arm. He will be limited. He is an important part of that D.

This one's a toss-up. Broncos have to stay close or even get the lead early.

Denver is better than Seattle. Seattle came back from 31 down and had a shot to win in the second half on the road. Had Carroll kicked the FG in the first half that game would been even closer.

Neutral site. PM and many of the Broncos have been on that stage recently. Discounting what their D can do against Cam is foolish IMO. They are so quick in the front 4 and Malik can push the pocket back so well, Cam will be making quicker decisions than he is used to doing. Brady has always played that way, Cam hasn't. Thomas Davis has a broken arm. He will be limited. He is an important part of that D.

This one's a toss-up. Broncos have to stay close or even get the lead early.

I'd definitely take Seattle over Denver.

Reactions: 1 person
Don't see broncos winning this game unless panthers have alot of turnovers, I love peyton but going with my panthers in this one..

VN Store

Back