Denver opens as 3.5 underdog to Carolina

so? the point is you're there. walk by or ignore on your own choice, fine. but they'll still be sitting at that table with the 89 49ers, 85 bears and 72 Dolphins....

Nope, they can sit with the Buffalo Bills.

Dude, I don't usually rub it in, but you should go back and re read your posts. They were ridiculous. You talked trash like this game was already won. And obviously it wasn't.

Nope, they can sit with the Buffalo Bills.

Dude, I don't usually rub it in, but you should go back and re read your posts. They were ridiculous. You talked trash like this game was already won. And obviously it wasn't.
i'll eat my crow, but in the end, the only scenario that the Broncos would win, which i outlined several times, was for the Panthers to make dumb mistakes and turn it over. they did both tonight, and Denver won.

credit their defense, it's as good as advertised. they stopped our running game, and kept us from getting in to a rhythm. the only time we started to, Tolbert fumbles.

we get key stops on Defense, and we have , what at least two 15 yard penalties negating any field position advantage we might have gained.

anyway...congrats to Denver and Peyton. the worst case scenario is Peyton gets a 2nd ring and no one has to deal with his legacy questions ever again.

good for him, i am happy for him and at the same time, extremely disappointed in how the Panthers played.

i'll eat my crow, but in the end, the only scenario that the Broncos would win, which i outlined several times, was for the Panthers to make dumb mistakes and turn it over. they did both tonight, and Denver won.

credit their defense, it's as good as advertised. they stopped our running game, and kept us from getting in to a rhythm. the only time we started to, Tolbert fumbles.

we get key stops on Defense, and we have , what at least two 15 yard penalties negating any field position advantage we might have gained.

anyway...congrats to Denver and Peyton. the worst case scenario is Peyton gets a 2nd ring and no one has to deal with his legacy questions ever again.

good for him, i am happy for him and at the same time, extremely disappointed in how the Panthers played.

Classy post. Now, can you talk to Cam....

Classy post. Now, can you talk to Cam....

i wish i could. its going to be a tough off season for him i'm afraid.

he's going to have this "frontrunner" moniker to deal with based on his post game tonight. hard to win MVP last night and act like he did tonight and not feel it.

i'm sure the media will be merciless.

Yep, overconfidence is a b!tch when it bites you in the backside.

I have been a lone wolf (along with Reader) crying in the wilderness in this thread leading up to this game that Denver had a very good shot. And, when I saw this morning that all of the sharp money was starting to pour in on the Broncos in Vegas, I really liked their chances.

The general public gets overly excited when a team wins by a blowout in the conference championship game because they got gifted 7 turnovers. The smart guys in Vegas don't.

you wanna give back any of the 4 gifts you got tonight?

he's going to have this "frontrunner" moniker to deal with based on his post game tonight. hard to win MVP last night and act like he did tonight and not feel it.

ESPN guys are trying to hold back from blasting him but you can tell they are struggling to defend him.

He needs to try deflecting attention from himself to the team instead of inviting it. He is getting old enough to grow out of that.

He is an immense talent. But, as a QB, he needs to act more like Russell Wilson and less like Dez Bryant. It would do wonders for his PR with non-Panther fans.

ESPN guys are trying to hold back from blasting him but you can tell they are struggling to defend him.

i wanna defend him....believe me. he's done too much the last two years to get some of those monkeys off his back.

but he's apparently still not realized that one moment can turn the clock back and erase all the good will.

the narrative wont' be about the MVP season he had, it'll be about the pouting after SB. and to a certain degree it's not fair, but hey, life's not fair.

you can't have your cake and eat it too. dab and dance, i'm for it. i love it.

but you gotta take it when it doesn't go your way.

disappointed.

Reactions: 1 person
i wanna defend him....believe me. he's done too much the last two years to get some of those monkeys off his back.

but he's apparently still not realized that one moment can turn the clock back and erase all the good will.

the narrative wont' be about the MVP season he had, it'll be about the pouting after SB. and to a certain degree it's not fair, but hey, life's not fair.

you can't have your cake and eat it too. dab and dance, i'm for it. i love it.

but you gotta take it when it doesn't go your way.

disappointed.

That is sports. No player wins them all. All he has to do is act Peyton Manning about that.

No, they led to the margin of victory. But, at least I can acknowledge that.

when did i not acknowledge it? but you can't call one game "gifts" and this game "earned".

i still stand by my original premise...we don't turn it over and make dumb mistakes, we win that game 8 out of 10.

it is what it is. turnovers are part of the game, and they have a great deal to do with who wins and who loses.

and the last two Panther games are exhibits a and b.

kudos to Denver, they made the most of it, and that's what separates winning from losing.

when did i not acknowledge it? but you can't call one game "gifts" and this game "earned".

i still stand by my original premise...we don't turn it over and make dumb mistakes, we win that game 8 out of 10.

it is what it is. turnovers are part of the game, and they have a great deal to do with who wins and who loses.

and the last two Panther games are exhibits a and b.

kudos to Denver, they made the most of it, and that's what separates winning from losing.

Coulda, shoulda, woulda

They just showed a little Montage of other Panthers players post game conferences. They all showing up in suits and gave polite full sentence answers.

I've been pretty indifferent to Camps antics. After seeing that he has a lot of growing up to do.

Newton needs to put those Superman T-Shirts in the trash can. His worst QB rating of the year in the biggest game of his life. He simply loves him himself way too much to be super.

Reactions: 3 people
They just showed a little Montage of other Panthers players post game conferences. They all showing up in suits and gave polite full sentence answers.

I've been pretty indifferent to Camps antics. After seeing that he has a lot of growing up to do.

Not a good post-game for any individual but for a teams leader, franchise representative, role model, spokesman, etc., it was an embarrassment

Reactions: 1 person

Gracious loser

An anonymous poster on a public site, speaks to the individual

Good luck next year!

Yep, overconfidence is a b!tch when it bites you in the backside.

I have been a lone wolf (along with Reader) crying in the wilderness in this thread leading up to this game that Denver had a very good shot. And, when I saw this morning that all of the sharp money was starting to pour in on the Broncos in Vegas, I really liked their chances.

The general public gets overly excited when a team wins by a blowout in the conference championship game because they got gifted 7 turnovers. The smart guys in Vegas don't.

Panthers=one of the greatest teams of all time. Maybe as good or better than the 85 Bears...

We were the only ones on here that kept the Bronco faith, my friend.

i don't think we all think the game is won, but just looking at the match up, there's some obvious advantages pointed toward us.

while i'll be last one to discount a #1 defense in the Super Bowl, the offense that it's going against is not one of those finesse type of offenses that can/will be "out physicalled". this is strength on strength, and probably a push in the advantage department. this is the match up that will win or lose the game for Denver.

conversely, we boast the #6 defense, against an offense that hasn't exactly been lighting it up, and doesn't have a great run game either. i think this is an advantage for us. our pass rush, just like against AZ, is going to be key. i don't see Peyton throwing up all over himself like Palmer did, but can we get a Turnover or two??? maybe so.

and as i type this, i've felt this way before about previous super bowls, and the exact opposite happens. (ie, both NYG/Patriots Super Bowls, i didn't see how NYG could win either one, so i'm not ready to say "book it, Carolina is GOING to win")...

the super bowl is an odd duck, and can make teams shrink....so if Denver is going to win, i think you'll have to see a Carolina team do things that have been uncharacteristic to them all season...bad penalties, lots of turnovers etc....

just so there's no revisionist history about my thoughts going in to the game. this is from 1-28.

so again, congrats to Denver, genuinely happy for Peyton, and at the same time very disappointed in how we played as a whole offensively. Defensively, we got a championship effort. it was not matched by the offense or special teams.

VN Store

Back