Denver opens as 3.5 underdog to Carolina

This really doesn't mean anything. I don't think Seattle had a single starter with super bowl experience going into the Denver game

It's an intangible for sure but I also don't think 2014 Seattle is even a comparison to Carolina. They were a beast of a team defensively from the front seven to the secondary and Carolina is not even close to that good. So comparing Seattle to Carolina really doesn't mean much in my opinion.

I think Denver can stop Carolina on a normal field position drive, however if Carolina's defense forces a bunch of turnovers from Denver, they will score on shortened field position possessions, and Peyton's accuracy isn't what it used to be...

I really, really want Peyton to take home one more ring. It bothers me that he is short of his brother in that department. I have no idea why, I have no ill feelings towards Eli at all, but it just does.

I think I heard on Mike and Mike this morning that the team with the #1 Defense is something like 9-2 in the Super Bowl.

The Cardinals, who apparently had the number one overall offense in the league, did not do a very good job of picking that suspect secondary apart.

well the Giants didn't have the #1 offense and they put up a lot of points on them so...

It's a tough matchup. I will be curious to see how the line changes over the next two weeks.

Do we think it will be a high scoring affair? With defenses like these it's hard to predict.

Lower scoring unless turnovers make it get really out of hand

Three things I like in favor of the Broncos 1) Wade Phillps - if he can confuse Tom Brady who has seen it all I think he can cause Cam some problems. 2) The Carolina secondary is suspect and can be picked apart. Just ask Eli Manning 3) Carolina is a bunch of young dudes that have never been to a Super Bowl. They may get caught up in the weeks activities. It can happen to young players.

Eli had like 245 yards?

It's an intangible for sure but I also don't think 2014 Seattle is even a comparison to Carolina. They were a beast of a team defensively from the front seven to the secondary and Carolina is not even close to that good. So comparing Seattle to Carolina really doesn't mean much in my opinion.
You specifically mentioned experience, not necessarily how good they are. Superbowl experience doesn't mean anything.

Reactions: 1 person
I want Denver to win for Peyton, and because the "yall never believed in us" crap from Panthers and their fans is unbearable. They were favored in all but 2 games.

If Denver can get the same pressure as yesterday using just 3 and 4 rushers, that will leave a backer open to spy Cam. Also, The Panthers' O tackles will probably require help from Olsen frequently, which is Cam's safety blanket. If Denver can be as dominant in the front 7 as they have looked most of the season, Cam could have some trouble playing his best game.

Denver D isn't going to be able to pressure Cam they way they did Brady. I'm a Broncos fan from the Elway days (I even pulled for them against the Colts when Peyton was their QB), but this is not a good matchup.

Everyone talks about Carolina's offense but the Broncos will struggle to run the ball vs the Panthers defense

The Broncos have struggled to run the ball against every defense they've played. They have to keep the opposing defenses honest so they won't tee off on Peyton though.

You will see a gameplan from Denver that reflects the lessons learned vs Seattle two years ago. Expect Wade Phillips to scheme containment for Cam - made possible by Denver's two elite corners.

Also expect lots of quick passes to DT and Sanders as de facto handoffs. Denver D will keep this close. And who will count out Peyton if he has a chance to win a Super Bowl in the 4th quarter. Broncos won't just hand it over like Arizona did.

While both teams have great defenses I think the key for Denver is going to be the running game. They have to get it going at least a little bit to keep Cam off the field and to help wear down the defense. Anderson and Hillman both need to show up big time in this game. And where the hell is Vernon Davis? If this guy would just show up in a couple of weeks he could potentially be the x factor in this game. He was/is and excellent blocker and we know he can catch passes. He could help this team out tremendously if he could only show his form from a couple of years ago for just one game.

Two things have to happen for Denver to win IMO. First Denver has to have a successful rusing attack so it is not all on Manning throwing the ball. Second (highly unlikely) make Cam Newton one dimensional because if he us having success running and passing, the game will be over for Denver.

Figured it'd be at least a touchdown.

Can't get destroyed early like they (Denver) did against Seattle or like Arizona and Seattle did against Carolina.

Broncos have a good kicker at least

I want Peyton to get another ring but I think Carolina is just too talented, their defense is just as good as New England's and Denver couldn't do anything on them yesterday. My heart says Broncos but my head says Panthers 23-14

Reactions: 1 person
Smaller underdog than I thought they would be after watching Carolina dismantle Arizona like they did. I thought Carolina would be favored by 7 for sure.

Newton has not faced a defense this year that he will face in the Super Bowl.

true, Denver's D is #1, and we've not faced them, but it's not to say we've not faced very good defenses....

we just beat the #5 total defense 49 to 15.

the week before we beat the #2 total defense 31-24. (31-0 halftime)

and in the regular season we beat the # 3 total defense..

and we are fielding the #6 defense ourselves.

but keep believing we haven't played anyone. that's fine. it's worked all season!!!

KEEP POUNDING!

Reactions: 3 people
Why are people saying this? Arizona had 7 turnovers last night and their defense was horrid. I would be shocked if Denver performs like Arizona did.

i don't supposed Carolina had anything to do with AZ looking horrid did they?

either way...

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back