Debord's Offense (Video)

You just answered your own question. Sunseri and Clawson are fresh in peoples' minds...

Every move Butch Jones has made, has been better and better. Neither of those hired were his fault and both hires brought their own coaching styles and formations. Maybe Butch looked at what happened to Dooley and Fulmer and didn't want to make the same mistake. He brought in a guy to run His offense, not a guy to run setting completely different. All I am saying is a some point we as a fanbase will need to show a little faith.

Debord called a double pass ... that doesn't sound like a coach that has ran a boring offense.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyuogmnonyc

Last edited:
I'm sorry....but a lot of people on here are showing pure ignorance. If you really think that our offense is going to mirror Michigan's from 08...well you're being ignorant. I assure you Debord has ample knowledge of our "spread offense" and other "spread" concepts. I mean Urban Meyer is a close colleague of his. These coaches live and breath X's and O's. It's what they do...and like most "professionals" they are constantly looking for ways to grow. I'm not at all worried about his abilities. Some of you need to back off and enjoy the ride. You just might "learn" something!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Its a big hoax, its not Debord................................... its Phil Fulmer, he's back!!!

View attachment 90704

Cant believe you found some color footage, I was expecting black and white
:thud::crazy:

He is younger than Saban and Spurrier. Add Joe PA, Bobby Bowden.

You have no idea what you are talking about, but you do have an ignorant bias and agenda.

I'm sorry....but a lot of people on here are showing pure ignorance. If you really think that our offense is going to mirror Michigan's from 08...well you're being ignorant. I assure you Debord has ample knowledge of our "spread offense" and other "spread" concepts. I mean Urban Meyer is a close colleague of his. These coaches live and breath X's and O's. It's what they do...and like most "professionals" they are constantly looking for ways to grow. I'm not at all worried about his abilities. Some of you need to back off and enjoy the ride. You just might "learn" something!

Some want a pretty dude decked out in shades, fluorescent shirt, cool shoes waving a towel and running the sideline giving chest bumps. Has to look good and speak smoothly on TV.

Butch wants a teacher, steady hand, adult in the room, and some football experience and knowledge. Someone who meshes with the staff without going on an ego trip.Guess which one will be the best.

Reactions: 5 people
:thud::crazy:

He is younger than Saban and Spurrier. Add Joe PA, Bobby Bowden.

You have no idea what you are talking about, but you do have an ignorant bias and agenda.

You seriously have no idea what you're talking about. It's a joke, get over yourself.

Some want a pretty dude decked out in shades, fluorescent shirt, cool shoes waving a towel and running the sideline giving chest bumps. Has to look good and speak smoothly on TV.

Butch wants a teacher, steady hand, adult in the room, and some football experience and knowledge. Someone who meshes with the staff without going on an ego trip.Guess which one will be the best.

Lets see

not flashy OC Phillip Fulmer: beloved icon

Flashy OC Lane Kiffin: 3 years of vacated wins and NCs along with a Heisman Trophy being revoked

Yep! :thumbsup:

Reactions: 1 person
Gotta read the stats too...Mike Hart rushed 32 times in that game. 32! What I saw was a lot of one back or no back sets. We're gonna be just fine, thank you. I also think the only reason the announcement on the hire was delayed was keeping the focus on signing day so every one interested in college football knew Tennessee had a top 5 class. All the talking heads were discussing how great our class was. No need to dilute our great press Wednesday on the recruiting front with the OC hire. Butch knows what he's doing. Let the man work.

Even mentioning Dooley and or his hires and relating that to whats going on at UT just makes zero sense.

Dooley was a loser. He was always a loser. He continued it at UT. His hires much like him, were losers.

Butch came in as a winner. He has recruited like a winner. He has coached a bad team back to winning. The bowl game win was just the 1st step. Times are changing. He brought in his guys and they started to turn things around. He made good hires when 1st setting up his staff. Imo there is zero reason to question this hire and point to ANYTHING Dooley did as a reason why to complain about it. Jmo

Reactions: 1 person
Butch is capable.
Debord isn't.

So what teams have you coached? Ever been a coordinator? You must be a colleague of Debord's.... You just seem so absolutely certain that Debord won't succeed... I'm absolutely certain you have no idea what you're talking about and are talking out your ass. Chill out and let Butch handle this. Or just keep acting like a child on a football forum.

VN Store

Back