Debord's Offense (Video)

It better work because it looks right now like Butch just hired a yes man instead of looking for the best man for the job

Reactions: 3 people
Its a big hoax, its not Debord................................... its Phil Fulmer, he's back!!!

635587443822562577-Screen-Shot-2015-02-05-at-2_48_30-PM.png

Cant believe you found some color footage, I was expecting black and white

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
So how's this going to work? Not one of those plays was a read option, which is the offense that we have been running for the past 2 years.

This definitely could and will work, but "MI has not done this much at ALL during the 2007 season" it says. What is that about?

DeBord went to Carr after they learned their bowl opponent and he told him that he knew how to attack them in space if Lloyd would let him. He changed to this offence in less than a month. Give him an entire off-season AND a squad of players that actually fit this offence, and let's see what he can do.

Reactions: 9 people
At least he knows what it's like to beat Florida. Not many at UT can say the same... YET!!! I'm going to give the guy every chance to prove what he can do. I trust Butch. Plenty of time later to be a hater if DeBord fails.

Reactions: 8 people
It better work because it looks right now like Butch just hired a yes man instead of looking for the best man for the job

so he should of hired a guy that disagreed with him? that doesn't work in sports. it nice to see you became a yes man for the clueless, carry that torch fool

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
I don't see why people can't just sit back ad trust Butch Jones. He has been killing it on the recruiting trail and has made UT a team people talk about again. I know it wasn't a big name hire, but Butch hired what he wanted. Remember Sal Sunseri was a home run hire according to everyone on Volnation and we all know how that turned out. I do hope the offense resembles Ohio States as far as physical nature of it.

Reactions: 9 people
At least he knows what it's like to beat Florida. Not many at UT can say the same... YET!!! I'm going to give the guy every chance to prove what he can do. I trust Butch. Plenty of time later to be a hater if DeBord fails.

Good point! We need some of that "Beat Florida" mojo.

Reactions: 1 person
So how's this going to work? Not one of those plays was a read option, which is the offense that we have been running for the past 2 years.

The first play in that vid is 95% identical to our first possession/ 2nd play / 2nd&11 Hurd run in the Taxslayer -- FL's #12 simply over ran the handoff.

DeBord went to Carr after they learned their bowl opponent and he told him that he knew how to attack them in space if Lloyd would let him. He changed to this offence in less than a month. Give him an entire off-season AND a squad of players that actually fit this offence, and let's see what he can do.

Gotcha, which fits what I'd read sev days ago. The '97 NC is great, but THIS recent win over FL is my full comfort in Jones' decision -- naysayers will be happy on 9/26.

That is not close to the O we have run here. I mean it would've helped with how our O performed but we run the read option. The read option may be a spread but every snap starts with the QB doing a read or at least pretending to. Not once in that video did they run a read option.

Don't get me wrong I would love to move away from the read option as the primary O and only use it as one of many formations but according to CBJ thats not what were gonna do. He wants to keep things the same so that means read option, which Debord has no actual working experience with. I just hope he has spent his few years away doing nothing but studying the philosophy of the read option spread and only the read option.

I don't see why people can't just sit back ad trust Butch Jones. He has been killing it on the recruiting trail and has made UT a team people talk about again. I know it wasn't a big name hire, but Butch hired what he wanted. Remember Sal Sunseri was a home run hire according to everyone on Volnation and we all know how that turned out. I do hope the offense resembles Ohio States as far as physical nature of it.

Because this is our fanbase...

However, I do feel like we'll have an offense like tOSU's, being a mix of the spread and power running.

CBJ actually said in a press conference this year that we run a read option play where the qb has the option to keep the ball only 4 or 5 times a game. That increased slightly when Dobbs took over but the majority of dobbs runs were him scrambling for his life or designed QB draws. We dont run a read option offense like barn U...this has been discussed almost as much as our OC hire. Ad nauseum.

That is not close to the O we have run here. I mean it would've helped with how our O performed but we run the read option. The read option may be a spread but every snap starts with the QB doing a read or at least pretending to. Not once in that video did they run a read option.

Don't get me wrong I would love to move away from the read option as the primary O and only use it as one of many formations but according to CBJ thats not what were gonna do. He wants to keep things the same so that means read option, which Debord has no actual working experience with. I just hope he has spent his few years away doing nothing but studying the philosophy of the read option spread and only the read option.

We really dont run a read option offense. Really.

Ok so why do we waste so much time at the start of every play "pretending" to run a read option. Its not hard to see that at least 90% of our plays start off with the qb getting the ball and the rb running to him, the qb either hands him the ball or pulls it out. That is the read option and whether the actual play depends on the read or not doesn't matter, its still the read option. Now if we move away from that I would be thrilled, especially if our Oline doesn't drastically improve. To me it wasted too much time and that just compounded the Oline problems by taking away precious seconds from our QB or RB.

Reactions: 2 people

You just answered your own question. Sunseri and Clawson are fresh in peoples' minds...

Might, just might have something to do with the personnel. As my great grandpappy once said, Son, "You can put that there mule in the Kentucky Derby, but, guess what, he ain't gonna win!"

Reactions: 2 people
Ok so why do we waste so much time at the start of every play "pretending" to run a read option. Its not hard to see that at least 90% of our plays start off with the qb getting the ball and the rb running to him, the qb either hands him the ball or pulls it out. That is the read option and whether the actual play depends on the read or not doesn't matter, its still the read option. Now if we move away from that I would be thrilled, especially if our Oline doesn't drastically improve. To me it wasted too much time and that just compounded the Oline problems by taking away precious seconds from our QB or RB.

Fwiw i dont like it much either. Its all about misdirection and confusing the defense though. 8 am intetested to see how productive this offense can be with loads of talent and a good offensive line.w3 need to improve at 3rd and 1 as well as a vertical passing game. Heres hoping...
GBO VFL HUBANegas

VN Store

Back